• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022

Created a thread for DV-2022. Please share any information on DV-2022 in this thread.
Will dv-2022 take place in October this year?
I heard Trump is working on a merit-based immigration system which he intends to sign executive order soon

Will dv-2022 take place in October this year?
I heard Trump is working on a merit-based immigration system which he intends to sign executive order soon

Well, the same was said last year but the DV2021 took place.... I am not sure if this year is going to be any different

is it preferable that DV 2021 winners to participate in DV 2022 ?
since no one really know if high case numbers can get an interview date after January ?
or joining 2022 can affect your chances in the interview for 2021 of lower case numbers ?

is it preferable that DV 2021 winners to participate in DV 2022 ?
since no one really know if high case numbers can get an interview date after January ?
or joining 2022 can affect your chances in the interview for 2021 of lower case numbers ?
You can still apply, I'm a DV 2021 winner but I'm going to apply for DV 2022.

Not sure if the information is real, but it is an official site.
https://cu.usembassy.gov/es/visas-es/immigrant-visas-es/programa-de-diversidad-de-visas/

The online enrollment period for the Diversity Visa Program 2022 (DV-2022) begins October 1, 2020, at 12:00 noon Eastern Time (EST) and ends on November 3, 2020, at 12:00 noon Eastern time. If you plan to enroll in the DV Program, be sure to carefully read the requirements for this type of visa and the DV-2022 instructions to see whether or not you qualify to submit your enrollment.

You can still apply, I'm a DV 2020 winner but I'm going to apply for DV 2022.
I don't think you can. Because when i tried to apply for DV2021 it showed me something like "Our record indicates that you have applied blabla". That's when i found out i was selected in DV2020 which is i was forgot that i applied.

I don't think you can. Because when i tried to apply for DV2021 it showed me something like "Our record indicates that you have applied blabla". That's when i found out i was selected in DV2020 which is i was forgot that i applied.
There is nothing stopping you applying for the next year having been selected in the current year. Plenty people have, some have even been selected again.
What website gave you the message you posted?

Yes they can. A curre selectee is not prohibited from applying again for the next year.

It was https://dvprogram.state.gov/. On that night i received " Congratulations on your selection for the 2020 Diversity Visa program! " mail from KCC. Maybe i misunderstood what was written on indication.

Yeah, that didn’t preclude you from entering again.

also
kcc doesn’t send anyone emails saying that. Do you mean that letter came up when you entered your confirmation number?

Yeah, that didn’t preclude you from entering again.

also
kcc doesn’t send anyone emails saying that. Do you mean that letter came up when you entered your confirmation number?
I'm pretty sure there website window loaded to that "warning" text. Instead of "DV-2019 Submission Confirmation: Entry Received". So on that day's night i received this mail
kcc.pngkcc.png

I'm pretty sure there website window loaded to that "warning" text. Instead of "DV-2019 Submission Confirmation: Entry Received". So on that day's night i received this mail
View attachment 1972View attachment 1972
Ah, that is the document email, not the letter informing you of your selection (which is what is posted on the website) . Would have been total coincidence you got it the same day.
And yes, zero to do with whether or not you can enter again, which you most certainly can. There is no warning to anyone that they can’t enter again, because they can. The only prohibition is on entering more than once in the same year.