• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Bit confused by your messages but i'm guessing you got requested docs from KCC and after submission, the auto reply said something about waiting 6 weeks?
If this is the case, the next email you'll get will (hopefully) say that you're ready to be scheduled for an interview. I think mine took about 6 or 7 weeks after submitting docs.
Given your case number, I wouldn't expect to be interviewed until well into next year, so don't worry yourself too much
Yes sorry for that.

Oh wow yours was fast!

You assumed right in your statement. So now its all in the waiting game...patiently...

Thanks for you response..

hi all,

First time poster

OC5xx
Submitted DS-260 12th June 2021
Submitted documents without request 8th August 2021

I hadn't received any emails from KCC so I went in to look at my DS 260 again today and to my horror, realised that I entered my email address incorrectly. I put @gmail.com.au, instead of @gmail.com. Feeling pretty silly as I stared at every page of that form for so long and checked every detail, but somehow missed one of the most important things.

I just emailed KCCDV@state.gov with my case number, full name and DOB and informed them of the error and requested my DS260 to be unlocked so that I can update it.

I am wondering how I will find out what emails I missed from them if any (document request, document qualified etc). Can anyone speak from experience on this? How bad is this mistake to make?

thanks

Each applicant needs a complete set of documents which requires a separate marriage certificate for each spouse.
Hi Susie QQQ

I just sent one email with all the documents for both my spouse and I. For the marriage certificate, I attached it just once and named it 2022OC000005XX_Joe_Bloggs_Jane_Doe_Marriage_Certificate.jpg

Just to be clear, are you saying I should have attached the same document to the email twice, naming one of them 2022OC000005XX_Joe_Bloggs_Marriage_Certificate.jpg and the other 2022OC000005XX_Jane_Doe_Marriage_Certificate.jpg. ?

thanks

hi all,

First time poster

OC5xx
Submitted DS-260 12th June 2021
Submitted documents without request 8th August 2021

I hadn't received any emails from KCC so I went in to look at my DS 260 again today and to my horror, realised that I entered my email address incorrectly. I put @gmail.com.au, instead of @gmail.com. Feeling pretty silly as I stared at every page of that form for so long and checked every detail, but somehow missed one of the most important things.

I just emailed KCCDV@state.gov with my case number, full name and DOB and informed them of the error and requested my DS260 to be unlocked so that I can update it.

I am wondering how I will find out what emails I missed from them if any (document request, document qualified etc). Can anyone speak from experience on this? How bad is this mistake to make?

thanks
Hi Morton,
Something similar happened to me when I went back and checked the DS-260 a few months later and noticed that none of my travel history in the past five years was mentioned, nor was the button checked. So submitted to unlock the 22nd Sept and still waiting. So frustrating as like you said, I checked and then double checked and don't know how this happened.
For the documents, yes you'll have to submit the marriage certificate twice one in your name and one for your spouse. I also made the same mistake there as I would have thought the same certificate for both parties would have been ok. I'm learning with this process not to assume anything!

Hi Morton,
Something similar happened to me when I went back and checked the DS-260 a few months later and noticed that none of my travel history in the past five years was mentioned, nor was the button checked. So submitted to unlock the 22nd Sept and still waiting. So frustrating as like you said, I checked and then double checked and don't know how this happened.
For the documents, yes you'll have to submit the marriage certificate twice one in your name and one for your spouse. I also made the same mistake there as I would have thought the same certificate for both parties would have been ok. I'm learning with this process not to assume anything!
This happend to me a few months back, we submitted the DS-260 within the first few days and we were sure we filled travel history, as we saved a pdf copy of the DS-260

By chance, a month later, i was reviewing it, and noticed like you, that section was completely blank, even the YES/NO answer was blank, and it didn't make sense as you can't skip this section.
Had to request an unlock and re-fill it. Seems like a bug on their website that doesn't save it.
Double check again once unlocked and before re-submission, as if we hven't checked, it would have been a nightmare!

When emailing documents, beside putting your full case number as the subject and documents as attachments did any of you write anything in the email like 'documents' or 'complete documents' or did you just leave the body empty?

When emailing documents, beside putting your full case number as the subject and documents as attachments did any of you write anything in the email like 'documents' or 'complete documents' or did you just leave the body empty?
I just wrote, please find attached documents for 'my name' followed by 'case number'

I don't think it really matters, as long as the subject is clear.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just received my document request (OC2XX) and am preparing to submit my documents.

I realised the AFP Police Check I applied for and have received is Code 35 (Overseas Visa) not Code 33 (Immigration / Citizenship) .

I know this has been discussed before, so I apologise for asking again, but I cannot find the thread.

Is a Code 35 Police Check Certificate not accepted at KCC and I need to reapply for a Code 33??

Thanks.

Hi,

I just received my document request (OC2XX) and am preparing to submit my documents.

I realised the AFP Police Check I applied for and have received is Code 35 (Overseas Visa) not Code 33 (Immigration / Citizenship) .

I know this has been discussed before, so I apologise for asking again, but I cannot find the thread.

Is a Code 35 Police Check Certificate not accepted at KCC and I need to reapply for a Code 33??

Thanks.
You need to select 33. you want all offenses. Don't choose 35

Hi,

Thanks.
You're meant to get 33 instead of 35. I submitted my documents with 35 though and my documents were approved and I am just going to take my 33 that only just arrived to my actual interview when I get it.

I haven't heard of anyone having their 35 rejected by KCC, but it is the wrong one.

You're meant to get 33 instead of 35. I submitted my documents with 35 though and my documents were approved and I am just going to take my 33 that only just arrived to my actual interview when I get it.

I haven't heard of anyone having their 35 rejected by KCC, but it is the wrong one.
Hi, Awesome, thank you for letting me know. I will submit my documents with the 35 that I have already!! I did also order a new 33, so I guess I will take that to my interview too!! Thanks!!

Does anyone know the processing and postage times for the AFP 33 police check document? Paid for mine and partners on Oct 02; partner received hers 13 October; me, nothing. Can't locate the reference number for it either.

Just in from Facebook
This is good news, I wonder how we will be notified? Like will KCC schedule us for Sydney then the embassy in Sydney email us with our new date at the Melbourne one? or will KCC just schedule us directly to the Melbourne embassy instead?

Hi,

Thanks.
Hi I am also an OC2** and submitted my ds260 in June. So far I have not heard from KCC
Can I ask when did you submit your ds260?
Thanks