• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

If it were me - I would pay the $85 to get every form of documentation that is available to be sure you are covered. You do not want to go to interview and them tell you that what you have is not sufficient.
You also never know if it would delay your DQ, if the Police Check says X courthouse they may expect court records and maybe wouldn't DQ you... Better to be safe than sorry I think.
Also on a side note, when I contacted my courthouse they told me that they would have to go to the repository but after some digging they found it on site (from 2011) so you never know your luck!
@AusOC good advice, I will do that. I figured I've spent so much already gathering required documents, what is another $85. On a side note My D 260 was unlocked this morning and just resubmitted a couple of hours ago.

Hi Bob22,

Just wondering, when you say to include the consulate case number, do you mean my DV lottery case number (e.g. 2022OC123456789)? I couldn't find a number with the format in the guidance so now think I've put the wrong number. Hoping this won't cause a delay.

Thanks again

Yes the OC number in your case. OCxxxxxx

These are the official Dept of State instructions:

Police Certificates
To obtain a New Zealand Police clearance certificate for U.S. Immigration, you must download and sign a Section 14 ‘overseas’ form available on the New Zealand Police Vetting Service website,
When you complete the form, please indicate that the criminal record is being requested for the United States of America and reference the three-letter ten-digit case number (e.g. ACK followed by 10 numbers for Auckland) or A#. The postal address is U.S. Consulate General, Immigrant Visa Section, Private Bag 92022, Auckland, New Zealand.

You should email he completed request form to the Police Vetting Service at
These are the official Dept of State instructions:

Police Certificates
To obtain a New Zealand Police clearance certificate for U.S. Immigration, you must download and sign a Section 14 ‘overseas’ form available on the New Zealand Police Vetting Service website,

When you complete the form, please indicate that the criminal record is being requested for the United States of America and reference the three-letter ten-digit case number (e.g. ACK followed by 10 numbers for Auckland) or A#. The postal address is U.S. Consulate General, Immigrant Visa Section, Private Bag 92022, Auckland, New Zealand.
@SusieQQQ what do we send to the KCC in this case?

I would send a copy of the above page from the reciprocity schedule along with confirmation (receipt or confirmation page or whatever you get from NZ police) that you’ve ordered the records.
That's a good idea. I didn't include this when I sent my documents as I assumed they would have been advised by the consulate directly. I'll go ahead and send that separately just in case. Thanks SusieQQQ

Hi, is there anyone here who has entered ‘other nationality’ in their DS-260? If so what was the nationality and have you had a request for docs?

I have a second nationality and still no communication from KCC yet. Trying to figure out why my case might be delayed.
OC3XX. Submitted DS-260 22nd May 2021.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, is there anyone here who has entered ‘other nationality’ in their DS-260? If so what was the nationality and have you had a request for docs?

I have a second nationality and still no communication from KCC yet. Trying to figure out why my case might be delayed.
OC3XX. Submitted DS-260 22nd May 2021.

Thanks in advance!
Do you mean second citizenship? Or nationality like background? Truthfully I can’t remember the questions on the form.

I have a second citizenship from a European country and I was DQ’d a month ago. There was seemingly no delay in qualifying the docs (took ~6 weeks as expected).

That being said, I’ve read elsewhere in the forum it depends on what country the second citizenship is and if it represents a security risk for the US. I could be mistaken here (or just idle gossip) but another poster said screening might be more thorough if so.

Do you mean second citizenship? Or nationality like background? Truthfully I can’t remember the questions on the form.

I have a second citizenship from a European country and I was DQ’d a month ago. There was seemingly no delay in qualifying the docs (took ~6 weeks as expected).

That being said, I’ve read elsewhere in the forum it depends on what country the second citizenship is and if it represents a security risk for the US. I could be mistaken here (or just idle gossip) but another poster said screening might be more thorough if so.
Ahh okay, thanks for the response.
Guess I have to be a little more patient!

Quick question for you regarding 2nd citizenship.

I was just rejected from DQ with them saying something was wrong with passport. I know both my passports are good (valid, not expired, etc), so they only thing I can think of is that I sent both and only should have sent my Aus one.
Did you only send one? Or can someone confirm if sending 2 passports would be reason to get a DQ knock back?

Many thanks.

Quick question for you regarding 2nd citizenship.

I was just rejected from DQ with them saying something was wrong with passport. I know both my passports are good (valid, not expired, etc), so they only thing I can think of is that I sent both and only should have sent my Aus one.
Did you only send one? Or can someone confirm if sending 2 passports would be reason to get a DQ knock back?

Many thanks.

Hi, we were DV 2021 and have just arrived over here, but I assume it will be similar.

I have 3 citizenships and and while I provided details of all 3 on my DS260 I only sent KCC a copy of my Australian passport as the Document Request email asked:

You and each family member immigrating with you must submit a photocopy of the biographic data page of a currently valid passport.

I never sent them my other passports, I did bring them to the interview but they were never asked for.

I’m not sure if it’s reason for them to knock you back, was your Australian passport the same one you entered with? My other half was the principle applicant and had to send both his expired Australian passport (one he entered DV with) and his current Australian passport and an explanation on why there were two (simply explaining one expired between entering and selection).

Hope that helps and good luck.

Hi, we were DV 2021 and have just arrived over here, but I assume it will be similar.

I have 3 citizenships and and while I provided details of all 3 on my DS260 I only sent KCC a copy of my Australian passport as the Document Request email asked:

You and each family member immigrating with you must submit a photocopy of the biographic data page of a currently valid passport.

I never sent them my other passports, I did bring them to the interview but they were never asked for.

I’m not sure if it’s reason for them to knock you back, was your Australian passport the same one you entered with? My other half was the principle applicant and had to send both his expired Australian passport (one he entered DV with) and his current Australian passport and an explanation on why there were two (simply explaining one expired between entering and selection).

Hope that helps and good luck.
Thanks for the info.

My Aus is valid and the same one I entered with. The picture looks clear. I've taken a new picture (just in case) and resubmitted with only one passport attached. Will have to wait and see what they say now.

Hello folks,

I've just received an email from KCC confirming documents received and that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when my case number becomes current. My case number is 2022OC1XX, so it is current now, which I presume means I could get an interview date any day now? I don't appear to have a time or location yet though. I've read a few people talking about "DQ" and see it on the spreadsheet as well (which I've now updated, btw). I don't really know what DQ means though. Can someone please explain?

Hello folks,

I've just received an email from KCC confirming documents received and that my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when my case number becomes current. My case number is 2022OC1XX, so it is current now, which I presume means I could get an interview date any day now? I don't appear to have a time or location yet though. I've read a few people talking about "DQ" and see it on the spreadsheet as well (which I've now updated, btw). I don't really know what DQ means though. Can someone please explain?
DQ means documentarily qualified, that is, the email you just received telling you your docs are processed and your case is ready for scheduling.

They generally do not schedule interviews on an ad hoc basis but once a month for 2 months down the line, so the best guess is you‘d get on the next schedule of interview notices sent out around end November for January interviews. There is a possibility you’d get snuck into the December interviews schedule. Saying all that as though everything is working normally though - I don’t know (if you’re Australian) what the current status of the Sydney consulate re: the office move and interviews is.

DQ means documentarily qualified, that is, the email you just received telling you your docs are processed and your case is ready for scheduling.

They generally do not schedule interviews on an ad hoc basis but once a month for 2 months down the line, so the best guess is you‘d get on the next schedule of interview notices sent out around end November for January interviews. There is a possibility you’d get snuck into the December interviews schedule. Saying all that as though everything is working normally though - I don’t know (if you’re Australian) what the current status of the Sydney consulate re: the office move and interviews is.
Thanks SusieQQQ. That's very helpful. I'm a kiwi actually, but am in the UK so will be attending the interview in London. I'm not in any huge rush so January would be fine by me. The only issue is that I note that it will have been more than 6 months since some of my documents were issued by then. Do you know if that will a problem at all?

Thanks SusieQQQ. That's very helpful. I'm a kiwi actually, but am in the UK so will be attending the interview in London. I'm not in any huge rush so January would be fine by me. The only issue is that I note that it will have been more than 6 months since some of my documents were issued by then. Do you know if that will a problem at all?
Ok hopefully London can fit you in soonest. I know they have a backlog as do most embassies, not sure where they are fitting DVs in.
The only document that has an expiry is your police certificate and that is two years from issue, so you should be totally fine on that front.

Ok hopefully London can fit you in soonest. I know they have a backlog as do most embassies, not sure where they are fitting DVs in.
The only document that has an expiry is your police certificate and that is two years from issue, so you should be totally fine on that front.
Great, thanks again for the info SusieQQQ :) It is much appreciated.

Hello folks,

For data colection, can you tell us when you submitted your DS260 and documents?

For data colection, can you tell us when you submitted your DS260 and documents?

14 May and 14 Sept respectively, it's on one of the old trackers/google spreadsheets.

Documents not sent un-requested, requested from KCC on 13 Sept, and sent by OP on 14 Sept.

Congrats OP. Here's hoping I'm soon (fingers crossed), I'm the exact same case range no.

In DS260 there is a question on Mother's Surname at Birth. Is this her surname at birth or her surname when she gave birth to the applicant?

Also her Name would be the name at her birth or when she gave birth to the applicant?

Last edited:
I have entered her Surname and Name at her birth. Hope this is acceptable to them and does not create problem. I can prove the maiden and the married name with parent's marriage certificate and mum's birth certificate.

Last edited: