• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

(Also posting in OC forum since I have an australian passport.)

I have a question - the passport I originally applied with expires May 2022.

Given that potentially my interview and likely entry to the US will be after this date, I assume I have to get a new passport.

I still need to submit my documents (haven't been requested yet) - should I submit the old passport photocopy for now, to avoid losing time?

Where do I go after that?
Hi lucky,
Same boat here, passport expires feb 2022 so I asked this question to britsimon earlier in the year. I have submitted and gone DQ with old passport and just plan on bringing along both old and new passport to the interview.

I also submitted an unlock request on 19/9, still haven't heard back. I've heard people mention it can take 4-8 weeks, just depends on how full their inbox is. To get your AFP, check follow the link on the reciprocity page for the US Diversity Visa for Australia. Its pretty easy to do, just make sure for the dropdown where it asks for reason for check you select Code 33. Many people on this, myself included selected code 35 which is wrong which has meant we've had to do this again and waste another $42. I'm pretty sure they would mail it to an overseas address obviously you'd have to pay more for international shipping
Thanks for the tip on the background check.

For people waiting for an unlock, by magic I got my unlock email right after I posted on this forum.
Requested Sept 1 and got unlocked Oct 7th.

I'm about to renew my passport cause I saw it expires middle of next year.

Do ya'll think it's still ok if I wait to resubmit my DS-260 around early November with my new passport details?

Thanks for the tip on the background check.

For people waiting for an unlock, by magic I got my unlock email right after I posted on this forum.
Requested Sept 1 and got unlocked Oct 7th.

I'm about to renew my passport cause I saw it expires middle of next year.

Do ya'll think it's still ok if I wait to resubmit my DS-260 around early November with my new passport details?
Not a problem mate. Many people have made this mistake so if i can save you the time/money to get it right. I submitted the correct AFP check 3 weeks ago. Can anyone here tell us how long it took to get it back?

So it took about 5 weeks for you to get your unlock DS 260 back. Based on that I should only have to wait a few more weeks but obviously can vary from case to case.

Us consulates is still closed as they are moving to new location.
When are they moving? And when they will start resuming iv ? They Will take several months for that.

Hey OC folks,
We just created a DV2022 CP Timeline Tracker spreadsheet with dedicated tabs for each region. This makes it easier for all selectees to track their timeline progress and compare them to others. I know you folks already have a separate spreadsheet which is already in use. I'm however informing you of this new resource which is a bit more detailed than the one you guys are currently using - this new spreadsheet contains built-in formulas for automated calculations. You're welcome to migrate to it if you guys like or continue with the one you're already using if you prefer that.

FWIW, I sent in a handwritten UK birth certificate like this one and had no issues.
I took the advice of the moderators and ordered a new one from the UK for my wife, £50 and a week, later we had it. Looks almost the same, still has the hand written components copied and put on a newer style background. Oh well, submitted our docs now for the third time. What a journey this is.

Hi has anyone received document request from kcc for cases OC300 and down?

OC1xx and still waiting :(

I seem to notice none of the other London embassy OC selectees have had their DQ request either, but I doubt this matters since surely processing is still with KCC at the moment?

I suggest everybody update Sm1smom spreadsheet with their info, just updated it myself. Can't post the link as apparently I have insufficient rights or it's detected by the forum spam filter.

2022OC3xx Hi all. I sent my documents unrequested in August (including the incorrect police certificate, I sent the 35 instead of the 33 which I have since ordered). 1 week ago the KCC requested my documents. I'm waiting on the 33 cert in the mail before I can send the correct documents, it should arrive either tomorrow or early next week. Does it matter how long it takes for you to send the documents after them being requested? I notice most of you sent them the next day. Cheers.

Last edited:
2022OC3xx Hi all. I sent my documents unrequested in August (including the incorrect police certificate, I sent the 35 instead of the 33 which I have since ordered). 1 week ago the KCC requested my documents. I'm waiting on the 33 cert in the mail before I can send the correct documents, it should arrive either tomorrow or early next week. Does it matter how long it takes for you to send the documents after them being requested? I notice most of you sent them the next day. Cheers.
Dont think it matters how long you to take to send them after, but obviously the sooner you do, the sooner you will get DQ'd. I sent mine a week after being requested (as I had to wait on a US police cert) and got DQ'd about 2 weeks after someone that got requested at the same time and sent them the next day.

Also for the police cert I also accidentally did 35 instead of 33 but I still got DQ'd. I'm waiting on my 33 to arrive as I plan to take that one to my actual interview.

OC case 2**
Submitted ds260 in June. No request from kcc for documents. So I have emailed without request yesterday. I don’t understand why kcc processes higher case numbers and leaves the lowers ones. Is there a random selection criteria that gives priority of one case over another irrespective of their ranks.