• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

This is the response I received from the Sydney Consulate....

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling cases from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). If your DV2022 case is still at KCC, and you are seeking reassignment of your case to another Consulate or Embassy, please contact KCC and advise that the U.S. Consulate in Sydney is not yet conducting interviews for Diversity Visa applicants and that you are requesting your file be reassigned. Please contact KCCDV@state.gov to request a case reassignment.
I wonder if the KCC would actually do this as it seems from Britson's video's and the advice from Suva consulate above that this is not the normal process as per "U.S Immigration Law" and they would not necessarily agree to it...

a
I wonder if the KCC would actually do this as it seems from Britson's video's and the advice from Suva consulate above that this is not the normal process as per "U.S Immigration Law" and they would not necessarily agree to it...
Is it worth contacting the KCC?? I'm sure we will just get an automated response ... :(

a

Is it worth contacting the KCC?? I'm sure we will just get an automated response ... :(
I really doubt the answer will be any different as it really seems embassies will only accept cases from legitimate residents, particularly during COVID times. I won’t personally be asking this from kcc yet should I need to do a legitimate move of country/case later in the year (break in case of emergency option).

Hey Gang, like everyone, I am getting anxious and feel like we are running out of time... I just checked the USA Consulate website and they state for interviews: "On the day of your interview please go to Suite 2, 50 Miller Street (Ground Floor) for security check-in" ... positive that its now open and its moving ahead? I have tried to post the link in here though the portal wont allow me.

Hi AUDV2022

That is a step in the right direction and here is hoping they have now opened fully.

Based on previous comms from SYD consulate that have been shared by others on this forum, I suspect that they are clearing the backlog of Immigrant Visa NON DV people first from NVC that have been waiting since June of 2021 for an interview.

BritSimon made mention on his Live Q&A the other day that historically SYD only interviewed DV applicants on Tuesday’s. Perhaps SYD are confident that once they clear the backlog of other Immigrant NON DV Visa Applicants from NVC that they will be able to increase the DV interview slots and process us all.

Hey Gang, like everyone, I am getting anxious and feel like we are running out of time... I just checked the USA Consulate website and they state for interviews: "On the day of your interview please go to Suite 2, 50 Miller Street (Ground Floor) for security check-in" ... positive that its now open and its moving ahead? I have tried to post the link in here though the portal wont allow me.
Hey team,
Just confirming that the new address is definitely not open yet, it is still a construction site. I did walk past this week and saw many workers inside so at least we know there is movement on the building front - but I say it will be some months before any interviews start.

Tha
Hey team,
Just confirming that the new address is definitely not open yet, it is still a construction site. I did walk past this week and saw many workers inside so at least we know there is movement on the building front - but I say it will be some months before any interviews start.

Thanks for the update.

Hey team,
At this stage (and with the lack of information from the Sydney Consulate), I’m wondering if Curtis Morrison can do anything for us…
He just filed a case for Iraqi selectees, and 9 days later the department announced reassignment procedures for Kabul and Baghdad. I know it’s a very different situation (obviously), but might be worth a shot?
Just putting my thoughts out there…

At this stage (and with the lack of information from the Sydney Consulate), I’m wondering if Curtis Morrison can do anything for us…
He just filed a case for Iraqi selectees, and 9 days later the department announced reassignment procedures for Kabul and Baghdad. I know it’s a very different situation (obviously), but might be worth a shot?
I would 100% be in on this.
@Britsimon do you have any advice on how we might be able to go about this?

I think that could be a good idea. It might even push the Sydney consulate to release more updated information or a timeline. I mean they could be sending cases to Melbourne or allocating resources to work on days other than Tuesdays in the coming months.

I do feel like we will see some movement soon and I remember at the end of 2021 Sydney really pushed to get cases through. I think they want to help but they’re just very slow!!! I’m hoping that once they get going they’ll smash it out. Definitely getting some advice from Morrison is a good idea though, a bit of extra pressure never hurt!

Great idea, I’ll be following this!

I would be keen on this. Based in Sydney. Doing a legal case wont impact our prospects long-term?

Hey team,
Could this be other tenants in the building or definitely USA Consulate? :)

Also wondering if we could go so far as to say that the Sydney Consulate’s email response implies that they are prioritising other visas over DV?
By saying that they’re focusing on ‘pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center’.

Is it reasonable to view this as them not adhering to the removal of the ‘tiered prioritisation scheme’?

Even back in early Nov 2021, the Sydney Consulate posted on Facebook that they had opened up additional appointments for Immigrant visa applicants in Melbourne.

I’m obviously no expert, so would be great to get some advice from @Britsimon, but given we cannot schedule our interview like other visas this seems pretty unfair.

Also wondering if we could go so far as to say that the Sydney Consulate’s email response implies that they are prioritising other visas over DV?
By saying that they’re focusing on ‘pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center’.

Is it reasonable to view this as them not adhering to the removal of the ‘tiered prioritisation scheme’?

Even back in early Nov 2021, the Sydney Consulate posted on Facebook that they had opened up additional appointments for Immigrant visa applicants in Melbourne.

I’m obviously no expert, so would be great to get some advice from @Britsimon, but given we cannot schedule our interview like other visas this seems pretty unfair.
Agree completely!!

I have discussed this with legal Eagles but it will be up to them to announce their plans.

Good morning all,

New member here, and whilst some of you may not agree with me, I think there needs to be a reality check, based on what happened to DV 2021 selectees meant to be interviewed in Australia, the COVID situation (especially in NSW) and the most recent posts in this thread.

If the new SYD Consulate is indeed a “construction site”, a law suit is needed, ASAP.

Three months (one quarter of the DV year) has already been lost, with not a single interview even listed for any Post in Australia, let alone conducted, the new SYD Consulate site is alleged (and I don’t doubt it) to be a “construction site”, and COVID is (according to the news) out of control in NSW, with 45K positive cases in the last 24 hours and double digit deaths. It was a lot less than that last year for the NSW Government to put SYD into lock down, and even if SYD remains open this year, the U.S. Government are quiet within their rights to close their SYD Consulate if they believe COVID is any risk to their staff.

My personal opinion is if you can’t get an interview in Australia by April your in trouble if the COVID figures continue their growth, think about this, what happens if all the tradies working on the SYD Consulate site get COVID? they don’t work thats what happens, and the construction is suspended.

Another factor some of you may have forgotten is in exactly sixteen weeks from today the DV 2023 results come out, and the apparent under resourced KCC will be swamped with tens of thousands of new DS 260s, emails, telephone calls etc.

Now for the harsh bit, I am a strong believer in you get what you pay for. If a law suit is to be filed, it should be a class action, with any benefit going to the class only. If you can’t afford to participate in a law suit, you can’t afford to move to the U.S. I have no affiliation with any U.S. lawyers whatsoever, and I can guarantee you if their stated fees for other class actions are the same for any Australian class action, those fees are more than reasonable. See what $2,500.00US gets you in an Australian Court with an Australian lawyer, SFA thats what.

Perhaps we should get a number of how many DV 2022 selectees meant to be interviewed in Australia are on this forum and would be prepared to join a class action?

I had a read through the OC DV 2021 thread on this forum, and those who chose not to join last years’ law suit found out the hard way this is not a game for free loaders, those who want to sit on the fence, those who don’t forward think, those who are not realists and/or those who live week to week.

I do have experience representing myself in Court, and have not lost a case yet, including in the Supreme Court against Silks, and I do have investigative experience.

AusOC, you said you did a walk by of the SYD Consulate this week? Any chance of doing another walk by and this time getting some good (covert) photos/video of the site, and in particular any tradies working there? If we can see some good photos there may be some members on this forum with construction experience who can give us an indication of how long the construction has to go. Tradie vehicles with company logos are also important, as this kind of evidence negates any argument from the U.S. State Department in Court that the SYD Consulate was also closed due to COVID. Whilst it obviously had to close for the move, and the construction will take longer for security reasons (being at ground level they likely need to ensure China hasn’t penetrated the foundations from under the foundations – IM BEING VERY SERIOUS) prove to a U.S. Court the SYD Consulate only closed for the move, and didn’t move DV operations to MEL or PERTH Consulates, or allowed selectees to be interviewed in other counties, like in PNG where the Port Moresby Consulate (a short flight north) actually put out audio clip on their Facebook page of an interview with the media in late October 2021 encouraging DV entries and stating they were “open for DV business”, and it will likely increase the chance of a successful class action.

However if/when the SYD Consulate, be it a construction site or fully operational, closes in 2022 due to COVID, that closed time will likely be unsuccessful in any law suit.

Lets get a number of just how many 2022 DV selectees are on this forum who are meant to be interviewed in SYD.

Stay safe everyone, wash your hands, wear your mask and for F's sake if haven't already, get your COVID jabs, the only thing worse than COVID is getting COVID on the eve of your DV interview.

-----------------------------
2022OC5XX
DS 260 submitted November 2021
No documents requested or submitted
Scheduled for interview December 2021
Current as of January 2022

Hi everyone,

For those is AUS, just an FYI that Suva will not consider allowing us to transfer our interview to their Consulate.

Thank you for your email.

The Suva Consular District covers Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga, Tuvalu and the three French Territories of French Polynesia, New Caledonia and Wallis & Futuna.

Although consular officers may be sympathetic to applicants' reasons for preferring to apply in Suva, their visa decisions are based on U.S. immigration law. Under the regulations governing visa applications, Suva cannot accept an immigrant visa case from third country nationals not residing in Suva’s consular district. Applicants who neither reside nor have long term work permits in the Suva Consular District need to apply at the embassy/consulate having jurisdiction over their usual place of residence.

Please direct your inquiry to the U.S Consulate in Melbourne regarding immigrant visa processing

I think I told someone already about transfering a case to an embassy. They will not accept your case unless your local. I do feel bad for all you selectees and hope something opens up.