• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

The only thing I have seen is the address for the consulate has been officially updated to 50 Miller Street on their website... So it looks as though they have moved?
This one updated a few months back when they left the city office - hopefully we hear some updates in the coming weeks!

AusJas didnt receive their 2NL, just saying that they're ready to be scheduled, same as the rest of us. Lots of us have received that, but none of us have interviews scheduled.
Thanks! My bad. Looks like we are all ready and waiting. I'm trying to be zen about it but it's stressful not knowing how long the Sydney embassy will take ha. I'm sure everyone feels similar.

Thanks! My bad. Looks like we are all ready and waiting. I'm trying to be zen about it but it's stressful not knowing how long the Sydney embassy will take ha.
I feel you, I got really sad on NYE because I want to be excited for the year we are moving to US but then don’t want to get hopes up because there is so much uncertainty from Sydney embassy, and then I just start thinking of all the worst case scenario’s…. I just wish they would communicate!

I feel you, I got really sad on NYE because I want to be excited for the year we are moving to US but then don’t want to get hopes up because there is so much uncertainty from Sydney embassy, and then I just start thinking of all the worst case scenario’s…. I just wish they would communicate!
I know, even a rough date would be something.

Hi....our case is ready for scheduling but iam worried as me n my hubby got married after winning the lottery and than filled DS260..hoping interview goes well...

Saw the ceac data. There had been some visas issued in Oceania region and 3 visas denied. Wondering what could have been the reason for refusal!!!

Hi everyone

Hi @BrisOC22,

My husband has also been asked about going over on an E3 visa whilst we await our interview for the DV. We were told if he did that he would have to come back to Australia for the interview and it would change how the DV is processed (as it would be changed to an AoS). However, he was also told that depending on the timing fi you apply for an E3/have an E3 granted within 90 days of your interview it would be classified as dual intent and then you would be denied the green card. NOTE ***We have not been able to verify the latter, and we are not willing to risk this****.

There may be one of the moderators that know more about this. I recommend further research and make sure you know 100% what will happen as like us I am sure you probably don't want to risk your green card.
Hi did you find out more on this -- I am in the same situation and wanted to know if the E3 Visa impacts the DV?

Hi did you find out more on this -- I am in the same situation and wanted to know if the E3 Visa impacts the DV?
Majority of people that are on an E3 (myself included) are going the AOS route, and the biggest cause for concern is showing immigrant intent, due to the E3 visa being a temporary visa that doesn’t have dual intent like H1 etc., but with AOS you time it/ can’t submit your package until your case number is current.

But because with AOS you don’t need to submit the DS-260 (although it’s advised), showing immigrant intent starts when you submit your I-485, so you need to make sure your E3 is valid/ in status but since you are all going the CP route and have submitted your DS-260 already and the case is open, you may run into trouble applying for an E3 as you have already shown immigrant intent by submitting that form- that’s my understanding?

We submitted our DS-260 within 72 hours of results being released. We are ready for scheduling and in the top 10 according to CEAC data. We are just awaiting the Sydney Consulate to open. We can't go down the E3 visa route now as it is considered dual intent and the chances of getting an E3 interview are slim as they are 3 1/2 months behind in interviewing E3 candidates unless you can get the business to rush through an emergency visa. It is quite frustrating as businesses have been contacting hubby to see if he will come and work with them as they are offering E3's and our hands are tied.

Not that I know of, is probably worth a try..
The message on their automated service says that for specific case questions you must email them. They will not provide any information over the phone. We tried to call back in November re the E3 vs DV visa.

We submitted our DS-260 within 72 hours of results being released. We are ready for scheduling and in the top 10 according to CEAC data. We are just awaiting the Sydney Consulate to open. We can't go down the E3 visa route now as it is considered dual intent and the chances of getting an E3 interview are slim as they are 3 1/2 months behind in interviewing E3 candidates unless you can get the business to rush through an emergency visa. It is quite frustrating as businesses have been contacting hubby to see if he will come and work with them as they are offering E3's and our hands are tied.
This may be more frustrating to hear lol but, if your husband had offers coming through to assist him with getting an E3 (before you won/ submitted the DS-260), you don’t have to apply for that visa in Australia…the E3 is valid for 2 years and renewable indefinitely (pending same job) every 2 years, I didn’t apply in Aus, and I think I’ve only renewed once in Aus but the rest, other countries.

This may be more frustrating to hear lol but, if your husband had offers coming through to assist him with getting an E3 (before you won/ submitted the DS-260), you don’t have to apply for that visa in Australia…the E3 is valid for 2 years and renewable indefinitely (pending same job) every 2 years, I didn’t apply in Aus, and I think I’ve only renewed once in Aus but the rest, other countries.
It has all been since November 2021.

Hi....our case is ready for scheduling but iam worried as me n my hubby got married after winning the lottery and than filled DS260..hoping interview goes well...
Same for me RF. We have been together for 11 years and married in December. We will just show documents from 11 years ago which are joint to show we have been together for that long...

Same for me RF. We have been together for 11 years and married in December. We will just show documents from 11 years ago which are joint to show we have been together for that long...
We were together for past 1 year and after marriage this year june we staying together as before we were staying separately.

Hi everyone,

For those is AUS, just an FYI that Suva will not consider allowing us to transfer our interview to their Consulate.

Thank you for your email.

The Suva Consular District covers Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga, Tuvalu and the three French Territories of French Polynesia, New Caledonia and Wallis & Futuna.

Although consular officers may be sympathetic to applicants' reasons for preferring to apply in Suva, their visa decisions are based on U.S. immigration law. Under the regulations governing visa applications, Suva cannot accept an immigrant visa case from third country nationals not residing in Suva’s consular district. Applicants who neither reside nor have long term work permits in the Suva Consular District need to apply at the embassy/consulate having jurisdiction over their usual place of residence.

Please direct your inquiry to the U.S Consulate in Melbourne regarding immigrant visa processing

This is the response I received from the Sydney Consulate....

Our current focus is to interview immigrant visa applicants with pending cases at the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and the National Visa Center. After we process these cases, we will start scheduling cases from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). If your DV2022 case is still at KCC, and you are seeking reassignment of your case to another Consulate or Embassy, please contact KCC and advise that the U.S. Consulate in Sydney is not yet conducting interviews for Diversity Visa applicants and that you are requesting your file be reassigned. Please contact KCCDV@state.gov to request a case reassignment.