• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

From Jessie. This Friday afternoon call is for Aussie specific issues - and here is the zoom

Jesse Bless is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: DV Australia Time: Jan 14, 2022 04:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85784978734?pwd=K3RQcm82TURNN3F0LzV5bmE5RGFuQT09…

Meeting ID: 857 8497 8734 Passcode: 773025 One tap mobile +16465588656,,85784978734#,,,,*773025# US (New York) +13017158592,,85784978734#,,,,*773025# US (Washington DC) Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 720 707 2699 US (Denver) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) Meeting ID: 857 8497 8734 Passcode: 773025 Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kEjMEg6Ti

Hello, my name is Jesse Bless and I am the former Director of Litigation at the American Immigration Lawyers Association where we remain class counsel for DV2020 (the Gomez case). I am now in private practice and in regular contact with Simon. I have learned much about the specific issues in Australia regarding the non-scheduling of DV2022 for interviews. Although my firm and I are considering a lawsuit for DV2022, we are also willing to help those with specific consular issues if it's most helpful for those suffering from consular-specific issues. If you are interested in learning more, please let me know. Our goal would be to sue the government so that they schedule interviews for our clients. We could represent those at an individual or group level for those with current visa numbers and submitted DS260s. If nothing else, I wanted to make you aware of this option. My best--Jesse
Hi Jesse. OC13## 2022, I'm definitely interested. Thankyou :)

Thanks crew!! Jesse, are you able to record the call/meeting? That would be v helpful. I'll be working that morning and don't want to miss it. Cheers!

What are the questions?
(I'm OC and London)

I got an email from donotreply@usvisa-info.com saying that I needed to 'register your immigrant visa appointment' and a link. The link took me to an online portal for the Official US Department of State Visa Appointment Service for the UK and I had to register an account. Once I did that, it just told me on the portal that my interview is on 4 February. The confusion is, in the confirmation email after I registered (which also confirmed the interview date/time) it stated 'before travelling to your consular appointment, please check the Department of State Visa Bulletin to confirm that your priority date is still current. If it is not, you will need to reschedule your appointment when the priority date becomes current to continue your case processing.'

My number isn't current in February so just wanted to see if anyone had the same issues and if they ended up rescheduling for a later date. It is strange that they would give me an interview date when my number isn't current, and then say it is up to me to check the bulletin and reschedule if it isn't current.

I got an email from donotreply@usvisa-info.com saying that I needed to 'register your immigrant visa appointment' and a link. The link took me to an online portal for the Official US Department of State Visa Appointment Service for the UK and I had to register an account. Once I did that, it just told me on the portal that my interview is on 4 February. The confusion is, in the confirmation email after I registered (which also confirmed the interview date/time) it stated 'before travelling to your consular appointment, please check the Department of State Visa Bulletin to confirm that your priority date is still current. If it is not, you will need to reschedule your appointment when the priority date becomes current to continue your case processing.'

My number isn't current in February so just wanted to see if anyone had the same issues and if they ended up rescheduling for a later date. It is strange that they would give me an interview date when my number isn't current, and then say it is up to me to check the bulletin and reschedule if it isn't current.
Britsimon has talked about this in some recent videos, KCC stuffed up and scheduled a bunch of people who are non current.

your visa can’t be issued until you are current, so if you were to interview in Feb they would have to put you in AP until you are current. As your time to enter us is 6months from the medical, and because they have specifically stated to do so, your best bet will be to reschedule.

Probably you have to reschedule your appointment if your number isn't current yet. I've created an account with London embassy and I don't have such statement in the confirmation email, which I received after the registration. But my number is current since November /EU region/.

Britsimon has talked about this in some recent videos, KCC stuffed up and scheduled a bunch of people who are non current.

your visa can’t be issued until you are current, so if you were to interview in Feb they would have to put you in AP until you are current. As your time to enter us is 6months from the medical, and because they have specifically stated to do so, your best bet will be to reschedule.

Ah this makes sense! Thanks so much for clearing this up for me, I'll get in touch with them to reschedule to March/April when my number is current :)

Probably you have to reschedule your appointment if your number isn't current yet. I've created an account with London embassy and I don't have such statement in the confirmation email, which I received after the registration. But my number is current since November /EU region/.

Thanks so much! I'll get in touch with them to reschedule :)

Hi all,

I know I’m probably being a bit pedantic given how crazy this DV year has been so far and my CN is not current, but I’m just wondering if anyone is in the same position.

I submitted my DS-260 on May 25th, and sent documents unrequested on July 30. I received a request for documents email on Nov 3rd, and re-sent documents on Nov 14th. I’ve not yet received a DQ email, and I’m just wondering if this timeframe is normal or not. I’ve followed the naming conventions on Simon’s blog for the documents, but I’m wondering now if there is an issue with the docs. CN: 2022OC14xx

Hoping to hear something soon from KCC!

Hi all,

I know I’m probably being a bit pedantic given how crazy this DV year has been so far and my CN is not current, but I’m just wondering if anyone is in the same position.

I submitted my DS-260 on May 25th, and sent documents unrequested on July 30. I received a request for documents email on Nov 3rd, and re-sent documents on Nov 14th. I’ve not yet received a DQ email, and I’m just wondering if this timeframe is normal or not. I’ve followed the naming conventions on Simon’s blog for the documents, but I’m wondering now if there is an issue with the docs. CN: 2022OC14xx

Hoping to hear something soon from KCC!
It's irrelevant now anyway...

Effective immediately, individuals who were randomly selected to participate in the diversity visa (DV) program for fiscal year (FY) 2022 (DV-2022 selectees) only need to submit to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) the DS-260 immigrant visa application form for themselves and any accompanying family members. Once the DS-260 is received for all applicants associated with a case, that case will be eligible to be scheduled for a visa interview.

Thanks! I’ve been out of the loop on anything DV-related for a few months, so this is really good to hear! Do we know if people are receiving the ready for scheduling email from KCC once their DS-260 has been processed?
Not sure, I’m doing AOS.

Thanks! I’ve been out of the loop on anything DV-related for a few months, so this is really good to hear! Do we know if people are receiving the ready for scheduling email from KCC once their DS-260 has been processed?
I believe they have still been sending the RFS email, maybe worth sending them an email to ask for confirmation if yours has been processed? It should have been in for had a doc request but then perhaps the RFS email was being sent slipped through the cracks when the process changed…

Since they announced you no longer need to submit documents to KCC, KCC now appear to be scheduling for interview in case number order, not DS 260 received order.

I'm 2022OC5XX, didn't submit my DS 260 until November 2021, and got this email from KCC on Christmas eve (Australian time):

Date: 12/23/2021

Case Number: 2022OC000005XX

Dear XXX:

Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current, and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All visas for the DV 2022 program year must be issued by the end of September 30, 2022. Please refer to the Visa Bulletin to locate which numbers are current and can potentially be processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check the Entrant Status Check (ESC).

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check the ESC, you may still go to that site and enter your case information to see if an appointment has been scheduled. Scheduling depends on appointments being available for your number at the location your case is assigned to, so becoming current does not mean that it is scheduled.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.

Saw the ceac data. There had been some visas issued in Oceania region and 3 visas denied. Wondering what could have been the reason for refusal!!!
Bula Nilram. I noticed that too and the refusal was from our Suva embassy. One case consisting of 3 people.