• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hi, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Has anyone with a case number under 400 received a Document Request email?
Still nothing on my end (OC3xx).

@Britsimon have you noticed any particular order to the DS-260 processing this year?
Now noticing much higher case numbers, who have submitted their DS-260 at a later date than me, receive doc request emails and even DQ.

Hi, hope everyone is keeping safe and well.
Has anyone with a case number under 400 received a Document Request email?
Still nothing on my end (OC3xx).

@Britsimon have you noticed any particular order to the DS-260 processing this year?
Now noticing much higher case numbers, who have submitted their DS-260 at a later date than me, receive doc request emails and even DQ.
OC2xx ... no request yet! Submitted 260 May 20th... super weird! :(

Hi there, I'm from OC and I got my DQ email last week. About 3 weeks after submitting my docs (which were requested by KCC)
Hi @Ryanscr, what range is your OC# in again. We still haven't heard anything at all from KCC.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting

Hi @Ryanscr, what range is your OC# in again. We still haven't heard anything at all from KCC.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting
It's super weird, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to how this is done condidering how high my CN is. I know of some people who's CN is current and they haven't even been asked for docs.
My case number is 24XX and I submitted my DS260 at the start of June.
Doc request start of August.
DQ about 3 weeks later.
Just be patient, the one good thing you and quite a few others have going for you is that your case number is super low and you're basically guaranteed to become current - I'm not, so even though I may be DQ nice and early, it mightn't mean anything in the end. We'll see what happens next year..

It is common that when people send documents proactively, they then get a request to send documents. I have speculated (and have some evidence to support the theory) that this happens because the system automatically generates the document request email when the kccdocuments team "open" the file. They "open" the file and would then have the documents, so sending again is probably unnecessary (and I have proof of that), but sending again won't cause harm.

The documents procedure has been a mess. It's badly implemented, but the lawsuits and various declarations by KCC staff have given a clearer picture of how things work, so some of the mystery has cleared.
Hi Simon, I am intrigued by your speculation (and some evidence) that the system automatically generates a document request email when the KCC team “open“ the DS260 file. the reason for my intrigue is that there are case numbers in the 2022OC2000’s and 3000’s that have been sent a document request email and since been doc qualified, whom are also families, that submitted their DS260s in June and July, yet there are singles and couples who submitted DS260s in early May that haven’t heard anything from KCC.

If the document request email is automatic when KCC opens the DS260s, do you have any suggestions as to why people who submitted in early May have not received a document request email yet, when they are singles/couples?

thank you very much

2022OC000002xx
DS260s submitted May11th
documents submitted without request 29th June
haven’t heard anything from KCC- patiently waiting
family - husband and wife only (2)

Hi Simon, I am intrigued by your speculation (and some evidence) that the system automatically generates a document request email when the KCC team “open“ the DS260 file. the reason for my intrigue is that there are case numbers in the 2022OC2000’s and 3000’s that have been sent a document request email and since been doc qualified, whom are also families, that submitted their DS260s in June and July, yet there are singles and couples who submitted DS260s in early May that haven’t heard anything from KCC.

If the document request email is automatic when KCC opens the DS260s, do you have any suggestions as to why people who submitted in early May have not received a document request email yet, when they are singles/couples?

thank you very much

2022OC000002xx
DS260s submitted May11th
documents submitted without request 29th June
haven’t heard anything from KCC- patiently waiting
family - husband and wife only (2)
I’m more intrigued at the consistent theorizing on this forum that kcc prejudices families in favor of single people. It just doesn’t work like that.

I’m more intrigued at the consistent theorizing on this forum that kcc prejudices families in favor of single people. It just doesn’t work like that.
Hi @SusieQQQ, yes I find that interesting too. You and Simon always say there is no preference given to one or the other, just that some people's DS-260s take longer to process than others. We are a couple and families with more derivatives than us have been sent a doc request, so it makes no sense that the KCC gives preferential treatment to singles.

Sorry, what does DQ or DQ email stand for? I tried searching it on BritSimon's website but didn't yield any results.

If it helps, we received the document request email in early Aug and emailed the documents not long after. A few days after that we received an automatic reply from KCC confirming they had received our documents.

Sorry, what does DQ or DQ email stand for? I tried searching it on BritSimon's website but didn't yield any results.

If it helps, we received the document request email in early Aug and emailed the documents not long after. A few days after that we received an automatic reply from KCC confirming they had received our documents.
It stands for document qualified.
You'll get an email after you submit your documents (was almost a month later in my case) saying something along the lines of 'congratulations, you're ready to be scheduled for interview'. That's when you're considered to be DQ

Hi everyone,

I finally received my Australian police certificate, thanks to everyone who helped me previously. I am based in London and was in the process of moving and didn't yet have my new address, but didn't want to delay requesting my certificate. So, I had my police certificate sent to a friends house. I thought the envelope would just be addressed to my friend but they have actually put her name and address on the certificate as well. The rest of the certificate does say that my name was checked and includes my date of birth as well. Do you think this will be an issue?

Hi gang, I do not have time to watch the entire Britsimon live from today... if anyone did tune in, was there any mention of the irregularity of the document request emails? :(

Hi gang, I do not have time to watch the entire Britsimon live from today... if anyone did tune in, was there any mention of the irregularity of the document request emails? :(
Hi Maximum, unfortunately for Simon, he lost audio for much of the session. I feel so sorry for him. That exact question came up however, there was no audio when he answered it. He has very graciously offered to do another live session tomorrow.

Hi Maximum, unfortunately for Simon, he lost audio for much of the session. I feel so sorry for him. That exact question came up however, there was no audio when he answered it. He has very graciously offered to do another live session tomorrow.
Oh awesome, thank you!! :)

Yes another live tomorrow - probably timed well for OCers.

I think it was Kate that gave a scenario about OC600 versus OC2400 where the higher case number got processed first.

There are a few things to understand. These findings have come from declarations made by various KCC staff in lawsuits, and are supported by the evidence (CEAC data, confirmed info from individuals). DV2021 has revealed much we did not previously understand and I am HIGHLY confident in what I am about to describe.

--Cases are processed in case number order, but sometimes the processing capacity could mean that the whole inbox could be cleared.
--Not all DS260s are processed at the same time. Simple cases could be processed faster than more complex cases. What causes complexity? Well certain jobs, certain names, certain areas that people have travelled to and so on. In general a single person "might" be easier to process than a family, but not always. That could vary by case and the reason might not always be obvious. The same can go for documents - particularly for "unusual" documents that might even need local country clarification.
--Documents sent without KCC invitation have been processed, and cases "qualified" early. But, left to their own devices, kccdocuments will only request documents when DS260s are processed. Sending documents proactively seems to cause action for some cases.
--Particularly for kccdocuments the subject line when you send documents is crucial. The email subject must be the case number in the full format with leading zeros - e.g. 2022OC00001XXX. The kccdocuments emails are sorted based on subject - so if you add anything prior to the case number (such as "Case Number: 2022OC00001XXX") your case will be sorted in a LOWER position in the email inbox. You would also get sorted lower if you miss the leading zeros. I demonstrated why that would happen in a video a couple of months ago.
--There are around 5 contractors doing the document processing work, so there is finite capacity in each day. As new emails arrive, they take their place according to the case number sort order. So - a higher case number keeps getting sorted down (UNLESS the inbox is cleared, as it will have been early on after the winners announcements).
--The status of the inbox could change from one day to the next - meaning a backlog might not exist one one day, but could exist the next. There could be weekly peaks and valleys (for instance a backlog after a weekend).
--Cases cannot be scheduled until the case is DQ (ready for scheduling).
--Case number is important for scheduling (cases cannot be scheduled before being current, even if DQ'd early), BUT case number is no longer important once cases are current (either because a region is current OR when comparing two cases for scheduling preference).
--If case number order is no longer a factor, then the date that a case became DQ is the next factor to determine which case is scheduled first.
--Right now, embassy capacity (as affected by the prioritization in the tiered approach) and closures mean DV2022 will be affected. Furthermore, DV2022 cases have not been processed in the volume they should have been because KCC has spent additional resources on DV2021 processing.
--VB progression is based on DQ numbers. If Charlie O is told there are low numbers of DQ cases, the VB will move faster than it should. The reverse is also true. So - if KCC get lots of cases with documents and manage to process them through at full speed (which based on testimony and government data is about 3000 cases per month) then the VB will be less likely to go current since DV2022 is an overselected year.

These factors can give the appearance of some randomness in the processing. It's not random. There is "process" involved.

Yes another live tomorrow - probably timed well for OCers.

I think it was Kate that gave a scenario about OC600 versus OC2400 where the higher case number got processed first.

There are a few things to understand. These findings have come from declarations made by various KCC staff in lawsuits, and are supported by the evidence (CEAC data, confirmed info from individuals). DV2021 has revealed much we did not previously understand and I am HIGHLY confident in what I am about to describe.

--Cases are processed in case number order, but sometimes the processing capacity could mean that the whole inbox could be cleared.
--Not all DS260s are processed at the same time. Simple cases could be processed faster than more complex cases. What causes complexity? Well certain jobs, certain names, certain areas that people have travelled to and so on. In general a single person "might" be easier to process than a family, but not always. That could vary by case and the reason might not always be obvious. The same can go for documents - particularly for "unusual" documents that might even need local country clarification.
--Documents sent without KCC invitation have been processed, and cases "qualified" early. But, left to their own devices, kccdocuments will only request documents when DS260s are processed. Sending documents proactively seems to cause action for some cases.
--Particularly for kccdocuments the subject line when you send documents is crucial. The email subject must be the case number in the full format with leading zeros - e.g. 2022OC00001XXX. The kccdocuments emails are sorted based on subject - so if you add anything prior to the case number (such as "Case Number: 2022OC00001XXX") your case will be sorted in a LOWER position in the email inbox. You would also get sorted lower if you miss the leading zeros. I demonstrated why that would happen in a video a couple of months ago.
--There are around 5 contractors doing the document processing work, so there is finite capacity in each day. As new emails arrive, they take their place according to the case number sort order. So - a higher case number keeps getting sorted down (UNLESS the inbox is cleared, as it will have been early on after the winners announcements).
--The status of the inbox could change from one day to the next - meaning a backlog might not exist one one day, but could exist the next. There could be weekly peaks and valleys (for instance a backlog after a weekend).
--Cases cannot be scheduled until the case is DQ (ready for scheduling).
--Case number is important for scheduling (cases cannot be scheduled before being current, even if DQ'd early), BUT case number is no longer important once cases are current (either because a region is current OR when comparing two cases for scheduling preference).
--If case number order is no longer a factor, then the date that a case became DQ is the next factor to determine which case is scheduled first.
--Right now, embassy capacity (as affected by the prioritization in the tiered approach) and closures mean DV2022 will be affected. Furthermore, DV2022 cases have not been processed in the volume they should have been because KCC has spent additional resources on DV2021 processing.
--VB progression is based on DQ numbers. If Charlie O is told there are low numbers of DQ cases, the VB will move faster than it should. The reverse is also true. So - if KCC get lots of cases with documents and manage to process them through at full speed (which based on testimony and government data is about 3000 cases per month) then the VB will be less likely to go current since DV2022 is an overselected year.

These factors can give the appearance of some randomness in the processing. It's not random. There is "process" involved.
Thank you so much Simon! We all appreciate it very much. We are very grateful for your time and dedication and also very thankful that it will be timed well for OC selectees. Have a lovely evening and morning. We look forward to your live session tomorrow. warmest regards Syd2022