• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

It's not completely accurate to say that Simon said (sorry, no pun intended) to send docs in early; there are limits to it depending on your case number position.

I
Hi,
Is there any way DV2021 or Dv2022 for Oceania will be affected due to the recent DV2020 Judge Meheta decision
It doesnt affect dv2021 .....but it does affect dv2022....cause now maybe they will have to push back the dv2022 interviews...in short there is a very mild possibility that they will mess this year ip again.....like they did for dv2021.....

Why? There was a trump ban for half of DV2020 and severe (total) Covid lockdowns for a few months, it is probably the most unrepresentative year out of all of them.
I said to look from dv2020 as the previous years were different and had lesser holes as now....

Hi All,
Got a doc. Request this morning from KCC.
I had sent docs last week without request...
Should i resend again as per their request????

It's not completely accurate to say that Simon said (sorry, no pun intended) to send docs in early; there are limits to it depending on your case number position.

Nope - I have changed my stance on document submission.

Send documents early. Police certs last 2 years now, and we now know that KCC has an inbox that is sorted in case number order. So - there is no harm in getting your documents in early, just in case they empty the inbox and get to your documents. So for high cases, it *might* help and won't harm, and for low cases it will certainly help.

DS260 submission is different. Sending a DS260 for a high case number is a risk (immigrant intent), so some people might be wise to hold off submitting DS260s. But if you have already sent a DS260, you don't make immigrant intent any worse by sending documents.

It used to seem that KCC just ignored or lost many documents, we now know it was because they stopped working almost entirely, so built up a huge backlog.

Still....the user can get an idea on what high and low no# are and how it has changed in the past years...... and that things are not the same as pre dv2020....

Susie is correct - previous years are useless. The real issue is what happens with Covid, embassy closures and so on...

Still....the user can get an idea on what high and low no# are and how it has changed in the past years...... and that things are not the same as pre dv2020....
The only idea they can get is that nothing is really a “high number” because both years went current very early, in June. That’s not really helpful in terms of what they were asking?

Nope - I have changed my stance on document submission.

Send documents early. Police certs last 2 years now, and we now know that KCC has an inbox that is sorted in case number order. So - there is no harm in getting your documents in early, just in case they empty the inbox and get to your documents. So for high cases, it *might* help and won't harm, and for low cases it will certainly help.

DS260 submission is different. Sending a DS260 for a high case number is a risk (immigrant intent), so some people might be wise to hold off submitting DS260s. But if you have already sent a DS260, you don't make immigrant intent any worse by sending documents.

It used to seem that KCC just ignored or lost many documents, we now know it was because they stopped working almost entirely, so built up a huge backlog.
Right, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying this point.

Is it the case that some posters have reported that they have (or will be) sending in documents twice; once prior to a KCC request email, and then again after receiving a KCC request for documents email?

Right, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying this point.

Is it the case that some posters have reported that they have (or will be) sending in documents twice; once prior to a KCC request email, and then again after receiving a KCC request for documents email?

It is common that when people send documents proactively, they then get a request to send documents. I have speculated (and have some evidence to support the theory) that this happens because the system automatically generates the document request email when the kccdocuments team "open" the file. They "open" the file and would then have the documents, so sending again is probably unnecessary (and I have proof of that), but sending again won't cause harm.

The documents procedure has been a mess. It's badly implemented, but the lawsuits and various declarations by KCC staff have given a clearer picture of how things work, so some of the mystery has cleared.

Hi we sent ours too on may 14 but nothing yet. Hope its requested soon or else will have to sort out this week. Are you doing emergency police clearance or standard
Bula bro,
We did standard police clearance....the 58.10 one...there is no need to rush for clearance as KCC will only require reciept from you...as for the clearance it is sent directly to US embassy in suva and from their suva embassy deals directly with KCC....you need not to pay any cost for tnt as well...as it will be emailed to kcc directly by relevant authorities.....my request came in earlier this week for documents...just calm down ratu and do not rush into things as considering your number you might be up by November or Dec....