• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Check the reciprocity page on the travel.state.gov website. It clearly indicates it needs to be an AFP certificate and even tells you which code to use when requesting it.
Did you even read what I said? Pretty sure that’s exactly what I said but, as he stated he found a few more websites, I further claried that in general, a police certificate comes from your state…

Hey everyone,

Just a random question.. for those that have added their spouse to their DS260, on the home page does your partner come up with just their first and last name or does their entire name (first, middle, last) come up?

My name comes up as - first, middle, last
My spouse's comes up as - first, last.

Does this matter for her?
On the actual form her full name is there, just on the 'complete form' section it's only first and last.

Probably overthinking it!
Let me know if there's any advice or if everyone else's is the same : )

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 3.09.19 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 3.09.19 pm.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 16
Hey everyone,

Just a random question.. for those that have added their spouse to their DS260, on the home page does your partner come up with just their first and last name or does their entire name (first, middle, last) come up?

My name comes up as - first, middle, last
My spouse's comes up as - first, last.

Does this matter for her?
On the actual form her full name is there, just on the 'complete form' section it's only first and last.

Probably overthinking it!
Let me know if there's any advice or if everyone else's is the same : )
Ours is showing full names for both, but if it’s correct within the actual form I wouldn’t over think it!

Hello,

Just to be safe and double check, those of you who know about the New Zealand process:

Policy Vetting service - this is for the interview stage?
NZ Ministry of Justice Criminal Check - this is what we send to KCC ourselves now that we've been asked for documents?

Thanks!

2) No idea what other websites you are referring to lol, but in general the only website you should ever get a police certificate from is your state police (in my case it would be SAPOL) however, as we live overseas you have to apply through AFP, it’s simple, upload some documents and pay the fee. In total it took 22 days for me to receive mine (I’m located in California)

I don’t think you’re late, I’m still tossing up wheter to AOS or go the CP route and even if I go CP i’m in no rush- OC12xx

* and they send by post, it’s a government official document…
Thanks for your help! I've now managed to order this through AFP and hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive :)

Hi Chooch91,
Don’t stress, you haven’t left too late as your case number won’t be current until 2022 anyway!
1. Best endeavours should be ok. I also did approx dates on terms for education. Addresses, I’d try to be as accurate as possible if you can get it to the correct month.
2. Check the AU reciprocate page, this specifies exactly which AFP check you need to get. They will post it to you. I would suggest ordering this ASAP as there was a big backlog for a while there, mine took over a month.
3. Last five years of travel by country only, only dates required for USA travel

As for new address, if this is the only thing stopping you then you should totally submit the form now, as it is correct at time of submission and moving in the same city won’t affect any other background checks etc they need to do.
Thanks for your help! I've managed to put together all the dates as accurately as possible. Thanks for the link to the reciprocity page, I didn't know this existed! It was very helpful and I've now managed to order my certificate from AFP. I am going to go ahead and submit soon, good to know I don't have to unlock the form at a later stage to update my address :)

Lol, I do. Maybe I got lucky, but I was just as surprised as you!
Yeah, but I don’t live in Australia, neither does the person that posted the question. :D

A week to receive inside Aus I would expect!

I sent a small package home a few months ago, it was a bit bigger than a letter but, small enough to fit inside a mailbox. It took over 4 bloody weeks! Not happy Jan. So yeah, 22 days to receive a police certificate from the AFP was quite surprising not to mention I could only provide them with my Aus passport and CA drivers license as a sup document which in total only = 70 points, but i uploaded expired cards from Aus and they accepted!

Last edited:
Sorry for being impatient, but is anyone else who submitted their 260 mid may still waiting for the documents email like me ??
Hi @Maximum, we haven't received a document request yet, however, we are not sure whether that's because our DS260 is still being processed or whether it is because we sent documents in without being asked and they have matched our documents with our DS260.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Haven't heard from KCC yet - patiently waiting :)

Hello,

Just to be safe and double check, those of you who know about the New Zealand process:

Policy Vetting service - this is for the interview stage?
NZ Ministry of Justice Criminal Check - this is what we send to KCC ourselves now that we've been asked for documents?

Thanks!
I am keen to know the answer to this as well. I am from Sydney however my derivative lived in NZ for a few years so trying to work out if we send the NZ Ministry of Justice certificate to KCC and then request a Police Vetting certificate after that? My understanding is the Police Vetting Certificate goes straight to the US embassy.

Hi All, I sent an email to KCC on the 28th June to unlock my DS260 with no reply. Should I send a follow up email or sit tight? Has anyone sent an unlock email after the 28th June and had their DS-260 unlocked?

Hi All, I sent an email to KCC on the 28th June to unlock my DS260 with no reply. Should I send a follow up email or sit tight? Has anyone sent an unlock email after the 28th June and had their DS-260 unlocked?
Hi @Syd007, I sent my unlock request on 12th June and KCC responded to unlock request 2 months later on 11th August. Dont worry, you will receive yours soon [maybe next week].

Hope the above clarifies

Our best option
Our best option right now is sit tight....in a few weeks kcc will start processing documents for dv2020 which is kinda a set back for us as maybe the next few months the interview slots will be occupied by them and this also means for the next few months their cases will be given priority maybe.....and who knows maybe dv2021 people will be given priority after if a decision is made for them as well......

Hi,
Is there any way DV2021 or Dv2022 for Oceania will be affected due to the recent DV2020 Judge Meheta decision???

Hi everyone.. we are 2022-OC20XX we have completed our DS260 and recieved conformation email. We are now waiting for email to submit supporting documents. Has anyone had this email yet and sent through docs yet? We are from NZ

Hi everyone.. we are 2022-OC20XX we have completed our DS260 and recieved conformation email. We are now waiting for email to submit supporting documents. Has anyone had this email yet and sent through docs yet? We are from NZ
Hi @Bt89, Some people who submitted their DS260s in May have had a request for documents. Others haven't yet. Have you heard about @Britsimon? if not, look him up. He has a youtube channel and lots of really helpful information about the process. He does it all to pay-it forward. He is brilliant. Simon has suggested sending in docs without being requested to do so. He has a video dedicated to sending in documents.