• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 OC Selectees

Hey everyone, is there a cheat sheet for immigrating with the DV? I just want to double check all is in order. I have my immigration pack (plus the xray scans I nearly forgot so has prompted me to triple check). I tried the DV website though couldn't find anything...

Just the immigration packet and your passport are the two main things you should carry on and keep on you at all times when entering the States. I kept checking my bag every time if it was still inside when I was at the airport lol

Just the immigration packet and your passport are the two main things you should carry on and keep on you at all times when entering the States. I kept checking my bag every time if it was still inside when I was at the airport lol
He he - I will do the same. Glad it has all worked out for you :)

Anyone else here, still yet to do the DV interview? From memory there's just a few more of you that will be doing in Sydney. Gdluck to you all, keen to hear how you all went

Anyone else here, still yet to do the DV interview? From memory there's just a few more of you that will be doing in Sydney. Gdluck to you all, keen to hear how you all went
We had our Interview in Sydney on August 30th and was informed we needed a revised Police Certificate -- took some time waiting for the Certificates in the mail.... Also our Medical did not arrive in time for the interview as this was delayed by the facility in Melbourne (The Medical process was a joke really yet took so long to be completed).

Sent paperwork to Consulate on September 13th, Received notification of Issued September 20th and received Passports yesterday (09/21) with Yellow Envelopes!

I am currently on an E3 Visa and flew back for this processing so the E3 is now officially VOID -- took 6 weeks in total to be back in Aus due to Medical and extra documents. In all worth it knowing we no longer need to revisit Visa's every two years etc... Excited to head back to the States this Sunday!

Hope everyone was able to get their DV printed and in Passport!

Heading to LA on QF11 on 25 Sep 22 to immigrate (though will return in October) - yippie. I would love to hear how other OCers are going over in the US? I am hearing conflicting stories that things are not too crash host (crime/violence/homelessness) in large cities such as LA and NYC... Any feedback?
We fly on the 25th as well but from Brisbane. Good luck on the move!

Heading to LA on QF11 on 25 Sep 22 to immigrate (though will return in October) - yippie. I would love to hear how other OCers are going over in the US? I am hearing conflicting stories that things are not too crash host (crime/violence/homelessness) in large cities such as LA and NYC... Any feedback?

I've been in Austin-area for over three years, haven't noticed any rise in crime etc. Lots of work around also.

Thought I would share my post-arrival timeline for SSN and green card arrival as this may be useful to others. Especially since you can't do much without the SSN.
• 2/9: POE
• 14/9: Social Security Number arrival
• 23/9: Physical green card arrival

Last edited:
Would the mods care to explain why my post was deleted? I mean given the absolute abuse against me on this thread this year, which you mods turned a blind eye to, and in the case of his royal highness even encouraged, along with a "well known" troll encouraging it on other threads on this forum, i assumed you mods supported the 1st amendment,.and therefore a polite opinion by me on the 2nd amendment was fine.

Once again, your only allowed to have an opinion on here if it is the opinion of the 3 stooges

Would the mods care to explain why my post was deleted? I mean given the absolute abuse against me on this thread this year, which you mods turned a blind eye to, and in the case of his royal highness even encouraged, along with a "well known" troll encouraging it on other threads on this forum, i assumed you mods supported the 1st amendment,.and therefore a polite opinion by me on the 2nd amendment was fine.

Once again, your only allowed to have an opinion on here if it is the opinion of the 3 stooges

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-26-12-00-29-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-26-12-00-29-72_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 34

I don't think it needs an explanation, you can figure it out if you just sit back and think about it for a second. This is a forum for helping others through the visa process, not for getting political and talking about being pro gun laws and how excited you are for it. Your post would have been fine if you just said you were planning to move to Texas because it seems safer because of the laws and left it at that. Anyway, not looking to argue just giving you the same obvious response the moderators would. Best to just give replies that answer the question rather than trying to discuss points here. This isn't the place for "Maybe its because of x, y, z?" and giving your opinion on those matters, there are other forums for that I'm sure.

Thought I would share my post-arrival timeline for SSN and green card arrival as this may be useful to others. Especially since you can't do much without the SSN.
• 2/9: POE
• 14/9: Social Security Number arrival
• 23/9: Physical green card arrival
So you didn't do anything else besides the initial ticking you wanted a SSN on the original DS form and providing address. How long from paying for the green card to receiving it. Thanks for the info, just what I wanted to know.

So you didn't do anything else besides the initial ticking you wanted a SSN on the original DS form and providing address. How long from paying for the green card to receiving it. Thanks for the info, just what I wanted to know.
Everything is pre-paid prior to entering the US. If everything is hunky dory with the immigration official at POE, then he advises you both the SSN and green card will be sent out via mail to the nominated DS-260 address. You don't need to do anything except wait, and sit on your hands you will as you can't do much until that magic number arrives.

This is of course if you applied for a SSN on your DS-260.

Just when I thought the Sydney Consulate couldn't disappoint me any further... They just accidentally cc'ed me on an email about another DV applicant's case.

I of course immediately replied to notify them of their error and will be deleting the email as it contains personal information and documents of the other applicant but good lord... are they trying to pull an Optus or something?!

Thanks for the update. I logged into the forum to check about the SSN. Can I please confirm its automatically sent pending arrival to the US?

I arrived in the US on the 25th Sep and the entry was very, very smooth :)

Just when I thought the Sydney Consulate couldn't disappoint me any further... They just accidentally cc'ed me on an email about another DV applicant's case.

I of course immediately replied to notify them of their error and will be deleting the email as it contains personal information and documents of the other applicant but good lord... are they trying to pull an Optus or something?!
Jeez.

Thanks for the update. I logged into the forum to check about the SSN. Can I please confirm its automatically sent pending arrival to the US?

Hi, any chance you could update us on when you receive your SSN and Greencard in the mail if you do too? im entering next month and keen to hear about the timing of the delivery of these documents.

Thanks!

P.S... I went to the Bank of America branch today and set up a bank account and secured credit card so we can build our credit file. Went and got a pre-paid SIM at AT&T first so we have a USA mobile number. Couldn't get post-paid account till SSN is received.

P.S... I went to the Bank of America branch today and set up a bank account and secured credit card so we can build our credit file. Went and got a pre-paid SIM at AT&T first so we have a USA mobile number. Couldn't get post-paid account till SSN is received.
May I also recommend the following;
Nova Credit - This mob will let you apply for some US credit cards with your Aussie credit rating, allowing you to skip a secured credit card.
Discover's It Secured Credit Card - Automatic upgrade to a regular cc + refund of deposit after 7 months