• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I am 2021 DV lottery winner with case no AS85xx, and I am going to do AOS. I submitted my DS260 in December 2021, yet I did not receive 2NL from KCC. Do I have to wait until I receive 2NL, before sending DV administrative fee? please advise me.

Thank you!
Wait! 2021 or 2022?

Hi, I am in F1 visa and I am working as a teaching assistant at the university. I usually file my tax by using freetaxusa online website. So every year I got refund from IRS as well as I got three stimulus checks. I am doing AOS process so I am wondering these things will effect on my case. Please advice me. thank you.

I got an email from KCC this morning, “Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter” with an attachment PDF, I take it that’s the 2NL ya’ll referring to?
Can you please explain to me please about that document sent by KCC? I received it since September!

Hi, I am in F1 visa and I am working as a teaching assistant at the university. I usually file my tax by using freetaxusa online website. So every year I got refund from IRS as well as I got three stimulus checks. I am doing AOS process so I am wondering these things will effect on my case. Please advice me. thank you.
Stimulus checks are fine, no negative effect. Just make sure you filled your taxes correctly. These softwares mostly do not consider that you are a foreigner. Were you in US for more tham 5 years when you received your stimulus checks?

Hi i have a question….I have moved to new state, means i use new address… when I filled Ds-260 i indicated that i want AOS my question is should I contact KCC about my new address?

Hi, my question is about taxes. I have been in the US since 2016 and have filed my taxes with Turbo tax and H&R Block since I started working in 2017. I am just finding out that I was not supposed to do that since I am international. How will this affect my AOS process and what should I do to fix the issue.

While receiving the stimulus check does not negatively impact the AOS process, you need to make sure you're eligible to receive them. If you received those without being eligible, the IRS expects you to return or refund the payment.

Hi i have a question….I have moved to new state, means i use new address… when I filled Ds-260 i indicated that i want AOS my question is should I contact KCC about my new address?
No need to do that. What matters is the address listed on the AOS package.

Wondering if you have sorted out your status issue considering your current J1 ends in March

Hi, my question is about taxes. I have been in the US since 2016 and have filed my taxes with Turbo tax and H&R Block since I started working in 2017. I am just finding out that I was not supposed to do that since I am international. How will this affect my AOS process and what should I do to fix the issue.
You need to contact IRS and correct your tax statement, return anything extra you got. Regardless of your AOS process, falsified tax records can be considered tax fraud.

No need to do that. What matters is the address listed on the AOS package.

Wondering if you have sorted out your status issue considering your current J1 ends in March
Yeah my sponsor shortened my program since September and i decided to change to Tourism Visa so I currently in tourism visa

Hi,
The latest update of Form I-485 asks if we want an SSN (part 1, question 16). Should I answer YES even though I already have an SSN? Is it going to be a different SSN when I get my PR?

1642975167397.png

Hi folks,
I am an international student currently on F-1 visa with a pretty far back rank number (AS 22xxx). I am doing an AOS and am nervous that my application will not go through before October and have consulted lawyer on what I can do to prevent this to happen. They suggested include an expedite request/petition(?) in the AOS package. I was wondering does anyone know what is the process and the success rate of the expedite request, and do you actually need this??

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I am an international student currently on F-1 visa with a pretty far back rank number (AS 22xxx). I am doing an AOS and am nervous that my application will not go through before October and have consulted lawyer on what I can do to prevent this to happen. They suggested include an expedite request/petition(?) in the AOS package. I was wondering does anyone know what is the process and the success rate of the expedite request, and do you actually need this??

Thanks in advance !
DV based AOS is already an expedited process, in comparison to other AOS applications. Folks who got their expedite request accepted have similar average time of process as other DV based AOS applicant. Go to 2021 DV thread and search "expedite". There are a bunch of applicants that submitted an expedite request.

DV based AOS is already an expedited process, in comparison to other AOS applications. Folks who got their expedite request accepted have similar average time of process as other DV based AOS applicant. Go to 2021 DV thread and search "expedite". There are a bunch of applicants that submitted an expedite request.
I see, so does that mean selecting Diversity Program on the i148(the AOS form) means that it is automatically seen as an expedited process?