• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi Everyone,

I went through the excel fine and the forum and I had a quick question.

My case number is AS00005XXX and the current case is about 4200 indicating my case number might be within couple of months. Based on the excel file, I filled out the DS260 form about 6 months ago and am still waiting for the reply from KCC regarding the AOS and DV administrative fee payment. They haven't replied the email back and could not could not contact through the phone. So, should I still wait for their instruction for the payment or should I apply for the further processing.

Did you pay the $330 fee, and include a stamped/self-addressed envelope? The DS260 doesn't matter for AOS. If you paid the fee and your number is not current yet (in the advance notice section of the bulletin) then there isn't anything else you can do but wait.

Thanks and will do but if I pay the amount without any reply to the email, will my information about AOS will be in the database of KCC.

Yes - if you follow the instructions in the spreadsheet, they'll get your case number from the form you send. Apparently some people get an email afterwards and some don't. I did, but I don't know how common it is. The usual advice is not to worry about KCC once you have the payment receipt. That receipt is proof to USCIS that you paid the fee.

If you don't receive the receipt in the mail, then you can email KCC and ask for an electronic copy.

Yes - if you follow the instructions in the spreadsheet, they'll get your case number from the form you send. Apparently some people get an email afterwards and some don't. I did, but I don't know how common it is. The usual advice is not to worry about KCC once you have the payment receipt. That receipt is proof to USCIS that you paid the fee.

If you don't receive the receipt in the mail, then you can email KCC and ask for an electronic copy.
Sure, thanks for the information.

Hello everyone,
I read the excel file and this forum, but I would be happy to double check something with you!
The process of people who are outside the U.S. has been changed, such that they get interview appointments by only submitting form DS-260 (no dq, etc. any more). Is this affecting Diversity AOS? I mean, is it better to submit the DS-260 form, now that it seems to be the most important thing for people who will have visa interviews outside the U.S.?
Is this affecting VB numbers this year?
The changed process is irrelevant to AOSers. The document submission part for CPers was only introduced about 3 years or so ago. The so called “new” process was the normal process back then. Obviously, anyone wishing to process CP gets no chance to be considered without submitting the DS260.

Hey guys,
quick question: I got my Interview notice letter today and it says that the reason for the appointment is 'I-485 Employment-Based Interview'. Are y'all getting interview notice with the same reason or is there some error in my case? Please let me know.
Thanks!
Nothing to worry about. Some FOs use generic interview letter templates, some use specific templates for specific interviews, and some simply make a mistake while listing the interview reason (like yours has done).

Does anybody know what’s going on there!!?? Feb and march mostly same numbers!

Attachments

• 6A16F30F-6A3F-4727-8FE0-2A3571069148.jpeg
    6A16F30F-6A3F-4727-8FE0-2A3571069148.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 24
The changed process is irrelevant to AOSers. The document submission part for CPers was only introduced about 3 years or so ago. The so called “new” process was the normal process back then. Obviously, anyone wishing to process CP gets no chance to be considered without submitting the DS260.
Thank you so muvh for your response!
They issued visas for case numbers which are not current yet, does it mean that the availability of visas might not be similar to previous years? In other words, not reaching 10000 or higher this year.

Thank you so muvh for your response!
They issued visas for case numbers which are not current yet, does it mean that the availability of visas might not be similar to previous years? In other words, not reaching 10000 or higher this year.
I don’t see or understand what this question has to do with AOS. This thread is for AOS process related questions only. If you have CP related questions, post them on the applicable CP thread please.

Hello,
I read the early filing document and asked a number of people who told me there is not gonna be any problem with early filing. However, I've hear some stories that people got rejected. Is it possible? My guess is that they probably filed before even they see their numbers on table C. I just wanted to be confident that I'm not gonna face any problem if I file early

Hello,
I read the early filing document and asked a number of people who told me there is not gonna be any problem with early filing. However, I've hear some stories that people got rejected. Is it possible? My guess is that they probably filed before even they see their numbers on table C. I just wanted to be confident that I'm not gonna face any problem if I file early
You can take a look at the DV 2022 AOS Timeline and see that quite a few people have filled early (looking at their "CN Current" and "Lockbox Delivery Date" without any issues, However make sure to include the suggest documents stated on the AOS Process Spreadsheet (Early Policy memo and Visa Availability) if you decide to file early.

Hello,
Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS spreadsheet where early filing related questions have been addressed. No one can truthfully give you the reassurance regarding the confidence you’re seeking. You’ll need to decide on your own based on the information you’ve been provided with.

Hello,

Some people who filed early but correctly (i.e. when their number was current in Section C) have still had their cases rejected. This is usually no big deal since you can just re-send it when you are current. You might lose a few weeks this way, but the odds are you'll be ok.

The bigger risk is that you get a denial due to early filing late in the process, which could make it difficult to get your case re-filed and approved on time. But this is more rare. I think there were a few of these last year from one FO, but the FO corrected themselves iirc.

No one can guarantee that you won't have a problem even when you do everything correctly, unfortunately. That's just the Kafkaesque nature of USCIS. If you had a low case number, you wouldn't need to take the risk of filing early. But then, if you were to get a rejection, you'd probably get it quite early, leaving you plenty of time to file again. Unfortunately if you have a very high number, then you probably need the benefit of early filing more than most - but you are also at the greatest risk if you get an erroneous rejection or denial! So you'll just have to do your research and make your own decision.