• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi everyone
I’m on J1. My number isn’t current, but I’m planning to pursue AOS when it’s time. I filed taxes for the past few years, but I never owed anything. Instead, I received tax return because my income is low, in addition to having 2 US citizen kids. I wanted to know if receiving tax refund (including child credit) could have any negative impact on my case.
Thank you

Hi everyone
I’m on J1. My number isn’t current, but I’m planning to pursue AOS when it’s time. I filed taxes for the past few years, but I never owed anything. Instead, I received tax return because my income is low, in addition to having 2 US citizen kids. I wanted to know if receiving tax refund (including child credit) could have any negative impact on my case.
Thank you
No negative impact.

Please, urgent question. I am trying to send money order to DOS to pay the DV fee, I went to the Ups and they told me we can’t send to a P.O.box. What should I do now?? How can I send it? The address as they mentioned (
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000)

Please, urgent question. I am trying to send money order to DOS to pay the DV fee, I went to the Ups and they told me we can’t send to a P.O.box. What should I do now?? How can I send it? The address as they mentioned (
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
You cannot use courier delivery for a P.O.Box address. Go to USPS.

Hi. My case number is AS4XXXX. And in January, may case became current.

now I’m currently living in US. But we’ll back to Japan in the end of March.

I was trying to submit AOS earlier but I haven’t done yet. Because I’m waiting for renewal of I-94. I’ve submitted I129 5 months ago. Without approval of I-129, my I-94 is expired. So I couldn’t submit AOS.

Do you think is it better to submit AOS now or is it better to wait until I go back to my home country?

Because now my case number is current but I haven’t submitted yet, am I going to lose my position?

thank you for taking your time.

I was trying to submit AOS earlier but I haven’t done yet. Because I’m waiting for renewal of I-94. I’ve submitted I129 5 months ago. Without approval of I-129, my I-94 is expired. So I couldn’t submit AOS.

Do you think is it better to submit AOS now or is it better to wait until I go back to my home country?

Because now my case number is current but I haven’t submitted yet, am I going to lose my position?

If your current I-94 is already expired and the filed extension approval is still pending, you currently have no valid status to AOS from unfortunately. If the I-129 eventually gets approved (before the end of the FY of course), you can always file AOS after that (assuming you’re still in the US) regardless of your CN being current a couple of months before that.

how your case became current, have you added one digit by mistake here ?

Hello everyone,

I know there are a lot of F-1 Visa members in the group, so I’ll share this for future reference.

I submitted my AOS documents in November and in December I applied for my OPT STEM extension. My OPT extension has now been approved, so as stated on the AOS Spreadsheet, it seems as if AOS filling does not act against OPT approval.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
Omg I wish I had seen this earlier I mailed out my DV fee on Thursday at the UPS store and they didn’t say tell me they don’t mail to P.O Boxes. I hope they can find my package.

If your current I-94 is already expired and the filed extension approval is still pending, you currently have no valid status to AOS from unfortunately. If the I-129 eventually gets approved (before the end of the FY of course), you can always file AOS after that (assuming you’re still in the US) regardless of your CN being current a couple of months before that.
Thank you so much. I think it’ll be better for me to submit DS260 instead of AOS. I’ve found the approval time of I-129 is getting longer.

By the way, if I could get approval at bulletin by September, I can get the green card? Or do I need to have a green card by September?

Thank you so much. I think it’ll be better for me to submit DS260 instead of AOS. I’ve found the approval time of I-129 is getting longer.

By the way, if I could get approval at bulletin by September, I can get the green card? Or do I need to have a green card by September?
As far as I know, your case should be approved on or before September 30th, 2022.

GC approval on or before Sept 30th.

Hello everyone,
I read the excel file and this forum, but I would be happy to double check something with you!
The process of people who are outside the U.S. has been changed, such that they get interview appointments by only submitting form DS-260 (no dq, etc. any more). Is this affecting Diversity AOS? I mean, is it better to submit the DS-260 form, now that it seems to be the most important thing for people who will have visa interviews outside the U.S.?
Is this affecting VB numbers this year?

Hi Everyone,

I went through the excel fine and the forum and I had a quick question.

My case number is AS00005XXX and the current case is about 4200 indicating my case number might be within couple of months. Based on the excel file, I filled out the DS260 form about 6 months ago and am still waiting for the reply from KCC regarding the AOS and DV administrative fee payment. They haven't replied the email back and could not could not contact through the phone. So, should I still wait for their instruction for the payment or should I apply for the further processing.