• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi all, I am a DV 2022 selectee, but this question is regarding AOS status. I am from AS region and will be facing CP. But I included my child as derivative and I came to understand that the selectees are determined by the birth country. He is currently in the US on F1. In case if he does not age out, and if he applies to AoS, how does his eligibe region is determined? Is it according to the principle applicant's region? Thank you.

Hi all, I am a DV 2022 selectee, but this question is regarding AOS status. I am from AS region and will be facing CP. But I included my child as derivative and I came to understand that the selectees are determined by the birth country. He is currently in the US on F1. In case if he does not age out, and if he applies to AoS, how does his eligibe region is determined? Is it according to the principle applicant's region? Thank you.
Yes, all derivatives are charged to the principle applicant’s region and are part of the same case number.

Hey everyone,
I have a few questions regarding sponsorship.
1. Do we have to fill out I-134 or I-864? The spreadsheet says I-134, but I have seen a couple of websites saying we should fill I-864. I am confused, does it make any difference?
2. If my sponsor files a joint tax return with his wife, does his wife needs to fill out any form?

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone,
I have a few questions regarding sponsorship.
1. Do we have to fill out I-134 or I-864? The spreadsheet says I-134, but I have seen a couple of websites saying we should fill I-864. I am confused, does it make any difference?
2. If my sponsor files a joint tax return with his wife, does his wife needs to fill out any form?

Thanks in advance!
I864 is not the appropriate form for DV, it is only for family and employment based applicants.

We are double checking our I-485 forms and got unsure about one question.
My wife's status expired in September, but she has pending I-529 and the corresponding I-797C form.
We both were applied for extensions of our L-statuses, but mine got processed (and approved) quicker due to premium processing.

My question is what should we answer on question 26?
Should we somehow indicate that her status is pending, may be in question 27?
We worry that the application is rejected as soon as an officer sees that the status expired in 26.b

We are double checking our I-485 forms and got unsure about one question.
My wife's status expired in September, but she has pending I-529 and the corresponding I-797C form.
We both were applied for extensions of our L-statuses, but mine got processed (and approved) quicker due to premium processing.

My question is what should we answer on question 26?
Should we somehow indicate that her status is pending, may be in question 27?
We worry that the application is rejected as soon as an officer sees that the status expired in 26.b
26 a, b, c, will be whatever status she entered the US with and the applicable expiration date as noted on her I-94.
27. EOS Pending - that is her current “status”

Meanwhile, our Early Filing applications were not rejected on stage 1 and today we got our text notifications. Though they messed with phone numbers and sent both to me. Checked it on the website, seems they created the case 2 days before, on Friday. So, it took 5 days to create a case. That's... fast. Waiting for checks to be cashed.

Btw what date should I put on the timeline then today or the case creation date? Do these dates usually differ?

Meanwhile, our Early Filing applications were not rejected on stage 1 and today we got our text notifications. Though they messed with phone numbers and sent both to me. Checked it on the website, seems they created the case 2 days before, on Friday. So, it took 5 days to create a case. That's... fast. Waiting for checks to be cashed.

Btw what date should I put on the timeline then today or the case creation date? Do these dates usually differ?
They did not mess up, acceptance notifications only goes to one phone number for all the cases in a package.
You need to be specific with your timeline question. Which column are you asking about?

They did not mess up, acceptance notifications only goes to one phone number for all the cases in a package.
You need to be specific with your timeline question. Which column are you asking about?
I'm asking about `Acceptance Text or E-mail Received Date`. Though I received it today, the case was created a bit earlier. Does that matter for the sake of statistics?

I'm asking about `Acceptance Text or E-mail Received Date`. Though I received it today, the case was created a bit earlier. Does that matter for the sake of statistics?
Yes it matters. The column isn’t about case created date right? It is about the day you received the text or email notification.

That is awesome! I just saw we have the same month for filling, it makes me think now should I do early filing as well. I got all papers ready, just been waiting for my CN month. I know mom said in the spreadsheet that early filing is not recommended at this time of the year but man seems like it worked out for you so far :)

That is awesome! I just saw we have the same month for filling, it makes me think now should I do early filing as well. I got all papers ready, just been waiting for my CN month. I know mom said in the spreadsheet that early filing is not recommended at this time of the year but man seems like it worked out for you so far :)
Now I hope the local FO won't reject it. Hmm, I saw that you can't early file before the fiscal year beginning. Either way, good luck with this!

You most likely misinterpreted what I wrote about early filing. The highly discouraged (non-recommended) early filing option was/is for cases current in October. The reason being that the Chicago Lockbox agents are still focused on applications for the existing/current FY, so the likelihood of the case being denied is much more higher for an October case that gets filed in August or September (two months before the start of the applicable FY).

Now I hope the local FO won't reject it. Hmm, I saw that you can't early file before the fiscal year beginning. Either way, good luck with this!
The FOs do not reject cases due to early filing, only the Chicago Lockbox rejects cases due to early filing. FOs on the other hand can deny a case due to early filing. There's a difference between case rejection and case denial due to early filing. This is covered on the AOS spreadsheet.

The FOs do not reject cases due to early filing, only the Chicago Lockbox rejects cases due to early filing. FOs on the other hand can deny a case due to early filing. There's a difference between case rejection and case denial due to early filing. This is covered on the AOS spreadsheet.
Yeah, used the wrong word. Btw, if I, for example, get the biometrics invitation. Could that mean the case won't be denied because of early filing? Are there any other ways to be sure it isn't being denied because of that?

Thank you!

Yeah, used the wrong word. Btw, if I, for example, get the biometrics invitation. Could that mean the case won't be denied because of early filing? Are there any other ways to be sure it isn't being denied because of that?

Thank you!
Receiving the bio notice does not guarantee the FO will not deny a case due to early filing.