• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Good evening ,

now i'm in the right forum, i won the 2022 dv lottery , i'm under pending asylum, and i 've read this it's not a status that allow me to make AOS , is this true? , in the other hands is a TPS a valid one to make AOS , since i applied for, and should be granted soon, what would be the best option then?

thanks much for your help
There isn’t much from what you’ve written above that can help us say one way or the other what the outcome could be for you.
The IOs review AOS from asylum pending on a case by case basis. Some selectees successfully processed AOS from asylum pending in DV2021 (and other past years), and some were denied. Take a look at the past timeline spreadsheets for some of those listed cases, of the DV case tracker spreadsheet (see link in the signature section of my post).

Sounds about right, depending on your age though. Take a look at the "Medical Exam" tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for a breakdown of which vaccines may be applicable depending on one's age. Varicella will be waived if you've had chickenpox in the past.
Thank you Mom. I am well over 18 and went through the spreadsheet and it has Hepatitis B and meningococcal in the list but Dr mentioned MMR, Tdap, Flu and Covid vaccines only. That is why I was concern. Are we good, If the CS decided what to get and if he decided we are good?

Thank you Mom. I am well over 18 and went through the spreadsheet and it has Hepatitis B and meningococcal in the list but Dr mentioned MMR, Tdap, Flu and Covid vaccines only. That is why I was concern. Are we good, If the CS decided what to get and if he decided we are good?
The spreadsheet most certainly does not say Hepatitis B and or Meningococcal are/is applicable to someone over 18. That is why I asked you to a another look at it. Maybe you need to take another look.

The spreadsheet most certainly does not say Hepatitis B and or Meningococcal are/is applicable to someone over 18. That is why I asked you to a another look at it. Maybe you need to take another look.
Sorry Mom. I miss understood it. I thought "18 years only" meaning 18 and above since it is in 18-64 column. Those two only for who is 18 years old right now. Thank you Mom for the clarification.

Sorry Mom. I miss understood it. I thought "18 years only" meaning 18 and above since it is in 18-64 column. Those two only for who is 18 years old right now. Thank you Mom for the clarification.
Yes, because the column is 18-64, I tried to clarify the fact that those two are only applicable to applicants who are currently 18 years old as at the time of the medical exam. They are not applicable to those between 19-64 years old.

Hi mom, how can i get hold of tier 1 agent through uscis? It seems that they no longer prompt to an agent through uscis "technical support" phrase. Anyone else who have been successful in contacting tier 1 agent? I tried calling them at 7:00 am CST. Thank you mom and any help i can get regarding this

Hi mom, how can i get hold of tier 1 agent through uscis? It seems that they no longer prompt to an agent through uscis "technical support" phrase. Anyone else who have been successful in contacting tier 1 agent? I tried calling them at 7:00 am CST. Thank you mom and any help i can get regarding this
I have no idea.

Several months ago I was able to speak with a tier 1 agent saying no sense sentences as someone suggested in this forum.

Also, this is not my direct experience but I know of people that were able to speak with a live agent by saying “infopass”.

Good morning dear members, Mom and Susie! Thank you very much for creating this wonderful forum. It is like a piece of land with answers in the big ocean of questions :)

Sorry if anyone asked this question before, I scrolled up this thread but didn't find anything related to my question. So my question is about form I-485.
A bit about my situation: I came to the US as a tourist but then changed my status to student. Currently I am still in a student status. I added attachment to my post and want to ask about this part of the i-485 form.

So I know for sure I choose 25.a and write there visitor. In the question 26.b I just write my i-94 number. And in 27 I write F1 student. But I am confused about questions 26.b and 26.c.

Because when I just came here I was issued i-94 form with expiration date after 6 months, for example till 10.19.2021. But later when I applied to change to student status I received an approval with new the same number I-94 as I got at a port but new expiration date as D/S because of student status. What expiration date should I put in my situation?

And on question 26.c what I should write?

Maybe someone in the past had same situation. Thank you very much! And of course I will add to my package all I-94 forms that was issued to me but just want to be sure about which one include in the 1-485. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• for forum.jpg
    for forum.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 9
Good morning dear members, Mom and Susie! Thank you very much for creating this wonderful forum. It is like a piece of land with answers in the big ocean of questions :)

Sorry if anyone asked this question before, I scrolled up this thread but didn't find anything related to my question. So my question is about form I-485.
A bit about my situation: I came to the US as a tourist but then changed my status to student. Currently I am still in a student status. I added attachment to my post and want to ask about this part of the i-485 form.

So I know for sure I choose 25.a and write there visitor. In the question 26.b I just write my i-94 number. And in 27 I write F1 student. But I am confused about questions 26.b and 26.c.

Because when I just came here I was issued i-94 form with expiration date after 6 months, for example till 10.19.2021. But later when I applied to change to student status I received an approval with new the same number I-94 as I got at a port but new expiration date as D/S because of student status. What expiration date should I put in my situation?

And on question 26.c what I should write?

Maybe someone in the past had same situation. Thank you very much! And of course I will add to my package all I-94 forms that was issued to me but just want to be sure about which one include in the 1-485. Thanks a lot!
26 a, b, & c are all asking for information related to the I-94 you were issued with upon admission into the US. So provide the information from your B1/B2 related I-94.

Emma always worked much better for me than calling them on the phone

Hi Mom,

The DV Fee payment receipt returned to us in SASE, is just the paper with all the information that we had sent along with the money order and now it has a stamp "PAID" on it is that correct?
Also, just FYI seems like KCC is moving faster this year I have received both 2NL and the DV payment receipt in less than two weeks :)

Hi Mom,

The DV Fee payment receipt returned to us in SASE, is just the paper with all the information that we had sent along with the money order and now it has a stamp "PAID" on it is that correct?
Also, just FYI seems like KCC is moving faster this year I have received both 2NL and the DV payment receipt in less than two weeks :)
Yes, that is correct.
Yeah, looks like KCC is back on track with regards to the DV payment turn-around time (pre-COVID time) based on the trend seen on timeline spreadsheet. However, for the 2NL, your turnaround seem to be an exception for now. Will continue to monitor that trend as users update their timelines.

There isn’t much from what you’ve written above that can help us say one way or the other what the outcome could be for you.
The IOs review AOS from asylum pending on a case by case basis. Some selectees successfully processed AOS from asylum pending in DV2021 (and other past years), and some were denied. Take a look at the past timeline spreadsheets for some of those listed cases, of the DV case tracker spreadsheet (see link in the signature section of my post).
Thanks , for your reply always helpful , i will make a case to them , since i dont't have any accumulated ilegal status , i applied for asylum before my authorized stay expired , hopefully i will be good.

Hi, i'm filling the i-485 for AOS , my status it's pending asylum , in the question 2 of part 2 , should i respond yes to the answer ? i have not accumulated ilegal time status and i have my i-94 when i was admitted at the airport.

1634856904569.png

Looks like USCIS is working pretty fast, we got our text messages 8 days after the package was delivered to the Chicago lockbox. Fingers crossed there won't be any delays later on.
Congrats, seems I'm the first who used Early Filing this year. Really finger crossed about it. I hope I will get my messages soon as well