• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello Mom and Sussie,

Thanks for all you do!

AF34*** going through AOS on F1. Regarding FTJ Follow-to-Join for a spouse, I intend to file form i824 after my GC has been approved. I have read on the forums here that we can request USCIS to let the embassy know in my spouse's country and that i824 may not be necessary. How does that work? My question is do I fill a ds260 for my spouse? How does the FTJ process work, I didn't see that on the spreadsheet. It is a bit sketchy as we are few in this category from my research on previous forums.
If you’re planning on doing FTJ for your spouse, then you most certainly need to fill out and submit the DS260 for yourself and your spouse. In the past, it used to be by simply telling the IO at the end of the AOS interview that one has a derivative who will be processing FTJ, and upon AOS approval the IO forwards the AOS case file to the home embassy with jurisdiction over the derivative’s home address. The embassy then invites the derivative for their interview.
However of late, the IOs haven’t been willing to forward the case file based on verbal request from the principal selectee. Amongst DV2021 folks processing FTJ, some submitted the I824 FTJ form with their AOS package with the hope of gaining time and fast tracking the FTJ portion, while some filed this form after their AOS approval. Of the six FTJ cases tracked, only 2 of those successfully completed the entire process, others were unable to due to the sunset clause associated with DV cases. Take a look at DV Tracker-Unique Situations spreadsheet (see my signature for link) for more data/info about the DV2021 FTJ cases.

Hello,

I received an email today from KCC stating: "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)". The email also included instructions on how to proceed with the Adjustment of Status.
I mailed my DV Payment two weeks ago but haven't received my DV payment receipt by mail yet. Is this confirmation that they have processed my payment? Thanks!

Hello,

I received an email today from KCC stating: "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)". The email also included instructions on how to proceed with the Adjustment of Status.
I mailed my DV Payment two weeks ago but haven't received my DV payment receipt by mail yet. Is this confirmation that they have processed my payment? Thanks!
No, that is not confirmation that your DV payment has been processed. That is your 2NL. The confirmation that your of DV payment has been processed is the payment receipt. Did you include a SASE with your DV payment?

No, that is not confirmation that your DV payment has been processed. That is your 2NL. The confirmation that your of DV payment has been processed is the payment receipt. Did you include a SASE with your DV payment?
Thanks for your response! Yes, I included a SASE envelope. However, I did not submit DS 260 form. I thought the 2NL would be sent after submitting DS 260. Kindly confirm. Thanks

Thanks for your response! Yes, I included a SASE envelope. However, I did not submit DS 260 form. I thought the 2NL would be sent after submitting DS 260. Kindly confirm. Thanks
2NL may be sent by KCC following DV payment being received - this is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet. The 2NL receipt however does not replace the DV payment receipt itself, it cannot be used to demonstrate KCC has processed your DV payment, only the receipt can do that.

2NL may be sent by KCC following DV payment being received - this is covered in the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet. The 2NL receipt however does not replace the DV payment receipt itself, it cannot be used to demonstrate KCC has processed your DV payment, only the receipt can do that.
Thank you so much for your explanation. Hopefully, I will receive the receipt soon.

If you’re planning on doing FTJ for your spouse, then you most certainly need to fill out and submit the DS260 for yourself and your spouse. In the past, it used to be by simply telling the IO at the end of the AOS interview that one has a derivative who will be processing FTJ, and upon AOS approval the IO forwards the AOS case file to the home embassy with jurisdiction over the derivative’s home address. The embassy then invites the derivative for their interview.
However of late, the IOs haven’t been willing to forward the case file based on verbal request from the principal selectee. Amongst DV2021 folks processing FTJ, some submitted the I824 FTJ form with their AOS package with the hope of gaining time and fast tracking the FTJ portion, while some filed this form after their AOS approval. Of the six FTJ cases tracked, only 2 of those successfully completed the entire process, others were unable to due to the sunset clause associated with DV cases. Take a look at DV Tracker-Unique Situations spreadsheet (see my signature for link) for more data/info about the DV2021 FTJ cases.
Thank you for your response mom. I will file ds 260 for both of us. I have already paid the dv fee for myself already and got a receipt. I also got a 2nl by KCC - the one everyone is getting. Thank you for clarifying. I will also check out the dv tracker unique spreadsheet.

Hello Mom and Sussie,

Thank you very much for all you do!

We have questions and would like to ask for your advice. Thanks in advance!

I am selected for DV2022 with case number 2022AS2xxx. The number will become current in November.

My husband and I got married in July 2021 after knowing I was selected for DV. (We've been dating for 7.5 years and have been living together for 3 years in the state.) We are both in F-1 status and decided to go for AOS in the US. We submitted DV fees for 2 people in September and received the 2NL letter from KCC. (We did not submit the DS-260 form, however.) We have finished the medical exam and are planning to send our I-485 on Nov 1st.

Our question is, do we have to submit any other form to KCC to inform them of the change of marital status?
From our understanding, our case will be transferred to the USCIS and does not belong to KCC. We need to properly document it in our I-485 form and prepare for proof of marriage in the package but we don't need to do anything to KCC.

Thank you again for helping all of us!

Hello Mom and Sussie,

Thank you very much for all you do!

We have questions and would like to ask for your advice. Thanks in advance!

I am selected for DV2022 with case number 2022AS2xxx. The number will become current in November.

My husband and I got married in July 2021 after knowing I was selected for DV. (We've been dating for 7.5 years and have been living together for 3 years in the state.) We are both in F-1 status and decided to go for AOS in the US. We submitted DV fees for 2 people in September and received the 2NL letter from KCC. (We did not submit the DS-260 form, however.) We have finished the medical exam and are planning to send our I-485 on Nov 1st.

Our question is, do we have to submit any other form to KCC to inform them of the change of marital status?
From our understanding, our case will be transferred to the USCIS and does not belong to KCC. We need to properly document it in our I-485 form and prepare for proof of marriage in the package but we don't need to do anything to KCC.

Thank you again for helping all of us!
Correct, KCC does not have anything to do with your case beyond the DV fee payment.

I’ve briefly looked at the AOS spreadsheet a few times over the past few months but, I decided to actually give it a thorough reading tonight.

I gotta say… literally every question that popped into my mind was eventually answered, as I continued to read through it.

Who knew taking the time to actually comb through it, and comprehend the info that has been given . I’m not stressed about this process in general but, I sure do feel more confident after taking the time to go through it, properly! Kudos.

I’ve briefly looked at the AOS spreadsheet a few times over the past few months but, I decided to actually give it a thorough reading tonight.

I gotta say… literally every question that popped into my mind was eventually answered, as I continued to read through it.

Who knew taking the time to actually comb through it, and comprehend the info that has been given . I’m not stressed about this process in general but, I sure do feel more confident after taking the time to go through it, properly! Kudos.
Going through previous year's thread would also benefit you. There are some case specific info that might come handy in your case as well. One example that comes to mind is to have a copy of your US born kid's BC in your package, which I learned from reading the threads.

Hello Mom and all. I am planning to get my medical exam done. At least to get shots. I spoke with the doctor's office and they said they need to see proofs for TDap, MMR, Flu and Covid shots. If not they will provide the shots. Its looks like they do not want us to have other vaccines like hepatitis b and varicella etc. Will this be a problem. Thank you in advance.

Hello Mom and all. I am planning to get my medical exam done. At least to get shots. I spoke with the doctor's office and they said they need to see proofs for TDap, MMR, Flu and Covid shots. If not they will provide the shots. Its looks like they do not want us to have other vaccines like hepatitis b and varicella etc. Will this be a problem. Thank you in advance.
Sounds about right, depending on your age though. Take a look at the "Medical Exam" tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for a breakdown of which vaccines may be applicable depending on one's age. Varicella will be waived if you've had chickenpox in the past.

Hi all!

I have a quick question about the medical exam.
on the AOS spreadsheet, it says,
"Medical exam should be signed and dated by the CS not more than 60 days before AOS petition gets filed and accepted by USCIS. The Medical Exam is subsequently considered valid for two years from the date the CS signs the form"

So this date of "AOS petition gets filed and accepted by USCIS" same as the date the AOS package gets accepted by Chicago Lock Box?

Thank you!

Hi all!

I have a quick question about the medical exam.
on the AOS spreadsheet, it says,
"Medical exam should be signed and dated by the CS not more than 60 days before AOS petition gets filed and accepted by USCIS. The Medical Exam is subsequently considered valid for two years from the date the CS signs the form"

So this date of "AOS petition gets filed and accepted by USCIS" same as the date the AOS package gets accepted by Chicago Lock Box?

Thank you!
Yes it is.

Good evening ,

now i'm in the right forum, i won the 2022 dv lottery , i'm under pending asylum, and i 've read this it's not a status that allow me to make AOS , is this true? , in the other hands is a TPS a valid one to make AOS , since i applied for, and should be granted soon, what would be the best option then?

thanks much for your help