• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Just to console you with positive hope, I also sent my DV Fee as a Cashier's Check with the recipient name as "U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM". My check was cashed after one month of delivery and a receipt was received in the mailbox a month later.

But for others, as advised by @Sm1smom please stick with U.S. Department of State as the recipient.
Thank you for sharing!

How is that possible? I thought 2022 selectees are only valid for 2022 fiscal year

She means they can enter the DV2023 lottery. Being selected is only valid for the FY you're selected for, but since the entry period for the next FY opens before anyone even starts processing, people often ask if they should enter again in case it doesn't work out this year. And the answer is yes!

How is that possible? I thought 2022 selectees are only valid for 2022 fiscal year
Selection processing is valid only until the end of the applicable FY. Being a current or past selectee does not preclude one from submitting a registration for a new FY when the registration period opens.

EDIT TO SAY:
A current LPR can also submit an entry for the heck of it if they like as a matter of fact.

Fingers crossed, it should be okay since it has already been delivered. I do remember 2 to 3 cases from the DV 2021 group who had a tough time with getting the payment receipt sent. @jewelmerit1995 was one of those who got bounced from pillar to post while other folks were getting back the payment receipt, this person subsequently sent in a new payment out of frustration. They got back the receipt for the second payment long before KCC eventually sent them the receipt for the first payment.

For those yet to send in this payment, highly recommend sticking to U.S. Department of State as the recipient
I second that! It was a year ago already lol almost lost it. Like mom said, just write “U.S. Department of State”.

I second that! It was a year ago already lol almost lost it. Like mom said, just write “U.S. Department of State”.
I was reading previous year thread (actually still doing it out of curiosity) and it is like to watch a tv show and then meet an actor online! So wonderful to see how people achieve their dream!

Mom, Susie and all members of this forum do a great job. Thank you again to all of you :)
Still lurking around :oops:? Didn’t even expect you to acknowledge that post, thought you were gone:)

Hello everyone, quick question. Years 2019 and 2020 I worked as a tutor in my university as I was finishing my studies. One year my income was less than $300 and the other less than $100 (Shown on W-2). I did file taxes for both of those years, should I still include my IRS Tax Transcript even though my income was really low?

Thanks!

Hello everyone, quick question. Years 2019 and 2020 I worked as a tutor in my university as I was finishing my studies. One year my income was less than $300 and the other less than $100 (Shown on W-2). I did file taxes for both of those years, should I still include my IRS Tax Transcript even though my income was really low?

Thanks!

I would. If you were required to file a tax return, then this will prove that you complied. It will also show that you didn't pay taxes on any unauthorized work. Of course that doesn't prove that you weren't paid for something under the table, but many employers won't do that, so it's better than nothing.

And besides, what kind of message does it send if you don't provide tax returns even though you worked?

I would. If you were required to file a tax return, then this will prove that you complied. It will also show that you didn't pay taxes on any unauthorized work. Of course that doesn't prove that you weren't paid for something under the table, but many employers won't do that, so it's better than nothing.

And besides, what kind of message does it send if you don't provide tax returns even though you worked?
Agreed, thank you!

On a similar note, on the financial support section of my AOS package, in addition to my Bank Statements for the last 6 months I am including a copy of my vehicle tittle. Should include a copy of the sales tax I paid when I registered it?

Thank you for the feedback!

She means they can enter the DV2023 lottery. Being selected is only valid for the FY you're selected for, but since the entry period for the next FY opens before anyone even starts processing, people often ask if they should enter again in case it doesn't work out this year. And the answer is yes!
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks for explaining for me!

Agreed, thank you!

On a similar note, on the financial support section of my AOS package, in addition to my Bank Statements for the last 6 months I am including a copy of my vehicle tittle. Should include a copy of the sales tax I paid when I registered it?

Use your discretion - I had enough savings that I didn't bother to include any other assets in my package, in the interest of keeping it to a reasonable size. But I did bring my car title to the interview just in case (I wasn't asked for anything).

The tax info is probably overkill as it's usually impossible to title a car without paying sales tax. Income tax is the thing people typically cheat on.

If the seller left the sale amount empty on the title as private sellers often do, I would be careful about this. If it looks like you filled it in yourself - even if you were totally honest - it might raise suspicion! I only say this because I've had sellers say to me "you can fill this bit in yourself with whatever amount you want, that way you'll save a bit on sales tax". OK for a citizen maybe; not worth the risk for a prospective immigrant imo.

Use your discretion - I had enough savings that I didn't bother to include any other assets in my package, in the interest of keeping it to a reasonable size. But I did bring my car title to the interview just in case (I wasn't asked for anything).

The tax info is probably overkill as it's usually impossible to title a car without paying sales tax. Income tax is the thing people typically cheat on.

If the seller left the sale amount empty on the title as private sellers often do, I would be careful about this. If it looks like you filled it in yourself - even if you were totally honest - it might raise suspicion! I only say this because I've had sellers say to me "you can fill this bit in yourself with whatever amount you want, that way you'll save a bit on sales tax". OK for a citizen maybe; not worth the risk for a prospective immigrant imo.
Crystal clear, thank you sir!

Agreed, thank you!

Try to understand the number one reasoning behind the financial support documents - you're trying to demonstrate you are unlikely to become a public charge should you become a LPR. This is the main reason, plain and simple.
The additional reason is to demonstrate you pay income taxes (if applicable) and are not earning income from any other unauthorized sources. I actually being careful with listing this particular reason (demonstrate paying income tax as required) as a matter of fact considering how some selectees in F1 status continuously ask about including form 8843 because they have no IRS tax transcript - that form is irrelevant to the AOS process.

Your car title deed or sales tax documents do not demonstrate any of the above. The spreadsheet would have included all those stuff if they could be taken into consideration. As a matter of fact, in the past when the I-944 was in use, one could only list their vehicle info if they had more more than one car to signify they can readily sell the vehicle to sustain themselves should the need arise. Don't go overboard including documents that do not necessarily add any positive factor to your package.

Try to understand the number one reasoning behind the financial support documents - you're trying to demonstrate you are unlikely to become a public charge should you become a LPR. This is the main reason, plain and simple.
The additional reason is to demonstrate you pay income taxes (if applicable) and are not earning income from any other unauthorized sources. I actually being careful with listing this particular reason (demonstrate paying income tax as required) as a matter of fact considering how some selectees in F1 status continuously ask about including form 8843 because they have no IRS tax transcript - that form is irrelevant to the AOS process.

Your car title deed or sales tax documents do not demonstrate any of the above. The spreadsheet would have included all those stuff if they could be taken into consideration. As a matter of fact, in the past when the I-944 was in use, one could only list their vehicle info if they had more more than one car to signify they can readily sell the vehicle to sustain themselves should the need arise. Don't go overboard including documents that do not necessarily add any positive factor to your package.
Thank you mom!

I will stick to what you guys have listed in the spreadsheet and stop trying to overload my package so much. Its the combination of nerves and anxiety coming all together but I am sure that with all the guidance from this group the outcome will be positive for all of us.

Once again thanks for all the feedback!

Hi there,

For W-2 and IRS Tax Transcripts, if I haven't file any tax before(this is my first year start to work in the US). Is it reasonable not to include both of them? I don't have any W-2 before and I can't get any transcripts from IRS website.

Hi there,

For W-2 and IRS Tax Transcripts, if I haven't file any tax before(this is my first year start to work in the US). Is it reasonable not to include both of them? I don't have any W-2 before and I can't get any transcripts from IRS website.
You certainly cannot include something which you do not have.

Hi there,

It won't be an Issue. I didn't have mine either.

Hello Mom and Sussie,

Thanks for all you do!

AF34*** going through AOS on F1. Regarding FTJ Follow-to-Join for a spouse, I intend to file form i824 after my GC has been approved. I have read on the forums here that we can request USCIS to let the embassy know in my spouse's country and that i824 may not be necessary. How does that work? My question is do I fill a ds260 for my spouse? How does the FTJ process work, I didn't see that on the spreadsheet. It is a bit sketchy as we are few in this category from my research on previous forums.