• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi, I have a dumb question. How does the DV payment receipt looks like? I just received a mail back from my DV payment and it's just the form that I included with my payment package but with a stamp "PAID". I was expecting a formal receipt. Is this normal?

Hello! For the DV payment ($330), I sent my payment using a money order from my bank. I just realized that they stated postal money order. Will my bank money order be accepted? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello! For the DV payment ($330), I sent my payment using a money order from my bank. I just realized that they stated postal money order. Will my bank money order be accepted? Thanks!
Not sure if they will accept that, but you can simply cancel that money order and send a new one from the post office. When did you send it?

For the DV Lottery Fee, the bank asked me where it was going. So on the cashier's cheque my bank collected at the information I showed them including:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Therefore, on my cashier's check it is addressed to U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program. Is this okay, or should it just have been U.S. Department of State only. It was delivery today, and based on this thread, I am wondering if it will still be accepted.

What do you think? Will I have to redo this? (I wrote my case number as well, and it's the correct amount)

For the DV Lottery Fee, the bank asked me where it was going. So on the cashier's cheque my bank collected at the information I showed them including:

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Therefore, on my cashier's check it is addressed to U.S. Department of State Diversity Visa Program. Is this okay, or should it just have been U.S. Department of State only. It was delivery today, and based on this thread, I am wondering if it will still be accepted.

What do you think? Will I have to redo this? (I wrote my case number as well, and it's the correct amount)
That should be fine.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Fingers crossed, it should be okay since it has already been delivered. I do remember 2 to 3 cases from the DV 2021 group who had a tough time with getting the payment receipt sent. @jewelmerit1995 was one of those who got bounced from pillar to post while other folks were getting back the payment receipt, this person subsequently sent in a new payment out of frustration. They got back the receipt for the second payment long before KCC eventually sent them the receipt for the first payment.

For those yet to send in this payment, highly recommend sticking to U.S. Department of State as the recipient

Fingers crossed, it should be okay since it has already been delivered. I do remember 2 to 3 cases from the DV 2021 group who had a tough time with getting the payment receipt sent. @jewelmerit1995 was one of those who got bounced from pillar to post while other folks were getting back the payment receipt, this person subsequently sent in a new payment out of frustration. They got back the receipt for the second payment long before KCC eventually sent them the receipt for the first payment.

For those yet to send in this payment, highly recommend sticking to U.S. Department of State as the recipient
The people who had trouble, they wrote it exactly as mine is written, or in different way?

Hello everyone just wanted to share this info in case it can benefit any of you, feel free to input any suggestions

Part 1

I requested my I-485 + Biometrics Fee check using the following format

Method: Cashiers Check

Amount: $1,225

To the Order Of: U.S Department of Homeland Security

Memo: Form I-485 and Biometrics Fee

----------------------------
Part 2

Few months after submitting my DS-260 form went by and I never received my 2NL. Decided to email KCC (kccdv@state.gov) and days after got the 2NL on my inbox folder. Maybe it was all coincidence, maybe the email helped :)

Hello everyone just wanted to share this info in case it can benefit any of you, feel free to input any suggestions

Part 1

I requested my I-485 + Biometrics Fee check using the following format

Method: Cashiers Check

Amount: $1,225

To the Order Of: U.S Department of Homeland Security

Memo: Form I-485 and Biometrics Fee

----------------------------
Part 2

Few months after submitting my DS-260 form went by and I never received my 2NL. Decided to email KCC (kccdv@state.gov) and days after got the 2NL on my inbox folder. Maybe it was all coincidence, maybe the email helped :)
It was all a coincidence. KCC has not been known to send any useful response to AOS based 2NL inquiries - they have no clue to what we refer to as the 2NL. KCC’s standard response to such is usually to say they have nothing to do with AOS or that they do not issue 2NL for AOS, or something along that line. Which is why the AOS process spreadsheet does not recommend contacting KCC with questions about the 2NL.

Are people entering the 2023 lottery in the event that their number does not become current "in time" or is this not advisable?

The people who had trouble, they wrote it exactly as mine is written, or in different way?
Just to console you with positive hope, I also sent my DV Fee as a Cashier's Check with the recipient name as "U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM". My check was cashed after one month of delivery and a receipt was received in the mailbox a month later.

But for others, as advised by @Sm1smom please stick with U.S. Department of State as the recipient.