• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys,

When submitting documents to KCC should I send one Marriage certificate for me and one for my spouse or just one for both of us? Needless to say that the marriage certificate is exactly the same for both.

So I see three possibilities here:

1. Send one file called "2022EU00XXX_Name_Main_applicant_marriage_certificate.pdf"
2. Send one file called "2022EU00XXX_Name_Main_applicant_Name_Spouse_marriage_certificate.pdf"
3. Send two files, one called "2022EU00XXX_Name_Main_applicant_marriage_certificate.pdf" and another one called "2022EU00XXX_Name_Spouse_marriage_certificate.pdf"

Which one is the right one?

Thanks
Ok so far I've had someone answered me with Option 2 and someone with Option 3. So no doubt this is a confusing matter.
How many marriage certificates do you send to KCC and what should be the name on the file(s) please? Someone with more experience could you answer? @SusieQQQ @Britsimon

Ok so far I've had someone answered me with Option 2 and someone with Option 3. So no doubt this is a confusing matter.
How many marriage certificates do you send to KCC and what should be the name on the file(s) please? Someone with more experience could you answer? @SusieQQQ @Britsimon
Sending two copies is recommended. One for each person. This was extensively discussed on this thread a while back, including the naming convention. If you scroll back a couple of pages, you should be able to find this.

i watched the video but he did not answer it.
if you know answer it.
The lawsuits for dv2021 and dv2020 started around that time so kcc put all the resources into processing those cases instead,and they have been into it until the last day of September. Naturally there is a huge backlog for DV2022 because of that.

Hi @Sm1smom

I received DR email at 25th Aug and I had sent my documents on the same day. I received auto reply that they received my documents.
However, it has been 73 days (over 10 weeks) now and I am not receiving any DQ email yet.

When I sent email to KCC, they replied a generic message that they don't receive my documents.

Should I resend all my documents again? Or should I wait their DQ email?
Please kindly help and suggest me.

Thank you very much.
Provided the instructions for sending in the documents were accurately followed, I would basically wait for now (especially if my CN is not yet current), as against re-sending the documents or emailing KCC over and over again. I would wait wait if this was my case as against furthering cluttering KCC inbox with more emails.

FWIW my parents sent only one marriage certificate (with both their names in the file name) and became DQ on Oct 28 (tracker updated).

I know this has been asked before, but can't seem to find the answer: Once their number becomes current, will the scheduling of interviews follow an order: (A) based on when cases became DQ; (B) based on when they submitted DS 160; (C) based on Case Number; or (D) randomly

Hi BritSimon,

i watch your video again and that was amazing explanation.

Thanks god to have you helping DV winner.

Yeah I did. I spent several minutes explaining it.

I explained how lawsuits meant that resources were switched from DV2022 processing to DV2021 processing, and that continued for about 3 months.
What appears strange from the tracker, is that at one point they may have decided to switch DS-260 processing by case number for EU (there are DS260 submissions in June and July) with low CN. They were requested documents.
Anyhow, no progress for DS260 after 20 of May or with CN greater than 1000.
The backlog seems quite massive at this point and I don't know when they will catch up or resume.
Not sure if I should ask to transition to AOS, as I am currently in the USA

Hello there!!!! Hope you doing good!!!

I have a question please help me. Wether if I eligible go to USA or not with my parents, should I join interview and also if I’m not at with my parents at home country what if move to (migrate) to another country between the time
Period of we get interview data from KCC. If didn’t attend will they refuse my parent’s??

What appears strange from the tracker, is that at one point they may have decided to switch DS-260 processing by case number for EU (there are DS260 submissions in June and July) with low CN. They were requested documents.
Anyhow, no progress for DS260 after 20 of May or with CN greater than 1000.
The backlog seems quite massive at this point and I don't know when they will catch up or resume.
Not sure if I should ask to transition to AOS, as I am currently in the USA
I think we might be drawing incorrect conclusions based on the tracker we have. The tracker I believe represents less than 1% of all ds submissions and the last time I checked people who submitted ds 260 after May 20 are less than 5 for the Europe region. It is therefore very hard to say there has been no progress after May 20. Again someone shared a tracker from another group where people who submitted ds 260 on May 30 had been requested to submit their documents. We just have to wait and see how things unfold. We will be fine!

Hi all,

I am doing CP for FTJ and am currently filling the ds-260 for AS8XXX. I am however thinking of visiting the US in February for a short trip to meet my husband.

Would travelling to the US after submitting the ds-260 be a problem at Border Control? I have an F-2 visa but I live in Japan and have strong ties including a graduate program and a scholarship.

Thank you!

Hi all,

I am doing CP for FTJ and am currently filling the ds-260 for AS8XXX. I am however thinking of visiting the US in February for a short trip to meet my husband.

Would travelling to the US after submitting the ds-260 be a problem at Border Control? I have an F-2 visa but I live in Japan and have strong ties including a graduate program and a scholarship.

Thank you!
There are reports of DV selectees who were able to visit the US on a NIV after their DS260 submission. No one here can tell you with certainty what your own experience will be, you’ll find out for yourself when you get to the POE. Just make sure you come prepared to demonstrate your strong ties to your base and your plans for returning, then keep your fingers crossed.

Hello there!!!! Hope you doing good!!!

I have a question please help me. Wether if I eligible go to USA or not with my parents, should I join interview and also if I’m not at with my parents at home country what if move to (migrate) to another country between the time
Period of we get interview data from KCC. If didn’t attend will they refuse my parent’s??
Your parent is the main selectee. Your absence has no impact on the outcome of the interview for your parent and any other eligible derivative they may have.

Hi all,

Thank you!
I’ll be crossing the land border to Michigan at the end of this month. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Guys my case number is af45xxx do i have a chance or im i too optimistic (also who was the highest case that got Processed you have heard about)

@Sm1smom Thank you for your constant help!

Do you think paying the 330$ DV fee now (in order to make sure my husband gets the receipt in time for his AOS package), then only submitting ds-260 for both of us (his AOS and my CP FTJ) after I enter in February would be a way to avoid that risk of entry denial in my case?

I understand that AOSers don't get their ds-260s processed, but if there is a CP FTJ attached to their ds-260, does the KCC process it? I am thinking if they do process it, then submitting the ds-260 late could harm our chances of getting an interview this FY.

Thanks again for your help in this complex situation.

i submitted to dv 2023 , i checked yesterday on of website call dv lottery photo checker and it says "Head is bigger than allowed 69%" otherwise all good , is that a problem ?

@Sm1smom Thank you for your constant help!

Do you think paying the 330$ DV fee now (in order to make sure my husband gets the receipt in time for his AOS package), then only submitting ds-260 for both of us (his AOS and my CP FTJ) after I enter in February would be a way to avoid that risk of entry denial in my case?

I understand that AOSers don't get their ds-260s processed, but if there is a CP FTJ attached to their ds-260, does the KCC process it? I am thinking if they do process it, then submitting the ds-260 late could harm our chances of getting an interview this FY.

Thanks again for your help in this complex situation.
Yes you can do that. KCC does not process the DS260 for AOS and FTJs.