• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys
I am dv22 winner. I sent my documents on 31 august after kcc asked to me. After waiting 1 month and half I sent them to gmail to ask the status of my documents at that time they told me to that they have my documents and give them for some time for processing. Again after 2 weeks I asked them same question but today they told me kcc didn’t received your documents. So any idea like this issues??

Haha sure...!!!! You’re a wonderful person
You’re going to drive yourself crazy with all this detailed analysing of every case you see, and us along with you by posting every thought you have on it. Seriously - please. That’s why the spreadsheet is there, so the forum doesn’t get cluttered with posts that don’t do anything but go over and over again about trying to figure out a pattern with DQ.

Hi guys
I am dv22 winner. I sent my documents on 31 august after kcc asked to me. After waiting 1 month and half I sent them to gmail to ask the status of my documents at that time they told me to that they have my documents and give them for some time for processing. Again after 2 weeks I asked them same question but today they told me kcc didn’t received your documents. So any idea like this issues??
I would respond with (1) including the previous response where they said they had received and were processing them and (2) include them again just in case. While you are doing that, double check to make sure all the documents are correct,

I would respond with (1) including the previous response where they said they had received and were processing them and (2) include them again just in case. While you are doing that, double check to make sure all the documents are correct,
I will take screenshots of both gmail the one they said we received and the one that they said we didn’t received

Hi guys
Could you censor the personal details and show us the two different emails you received, please and thank you

Curious as to why you want the poster to do this? They have clearly explained what the malls said.
I am going through the same incident after having to submit my documents on Aug 25(requested on aug 19)....And I still haven't recieved my DQ, which is extremely out of trend based on the spreadsheet. So I inquired KCC twice and received somewhat different response on each occasion.
The first email response felt somewhat automatic, mentioning how to send my documents and that my ds 260 is processed and such.
The second email, which coincidentally I just received half an hour ago, added a line to a similar response saying— KCC haven't received your documents.

That's why I was curious to ask this person...for me to compare and contrast our cases. to cope my anxiety if you will. Now that were are here... I would like to ask you for an advice...Would it cause any trouble if I send my documents again?

Hi
I wonder why the 2022 winners' status can only be checked from January 1st while their fiscal year actually begins October 1st... what about those who get their 2nl during this time? where can they check the status of their cases?

Hi
I wonder why the 2022 winners' status can only be checked from January 1st while their fiscal year actually begins October 1st... what about those who get their 2nl during this time? where can they check the status of their cases?
I heard Simon say it's an IT thing. Regardless of that, all invites will replace the 1nl (1st notification of selection) letter and they'll get an automatic email telling them to check that page (the one that you first saw your win).

I heard Simon say it's an IT thing. Regardless of that, all invites will replace the 1nl (1st notification of selection) letter and they'll get an automatic email telling them to check that page (the one that you first saw your win).
I got it. Thank you for your response.

... I would like to ask you for an advice...Would it cause any trouble if I send my documents again?
And do you think I would have recommended that to the other poster if I thought it would be a problem? I get that you guys are stressed but come on man, why would I give you a different answer for the same issue?

Oh no
And do you think I would have recommended that to the other poster if I thought it would be a problem? Or give you a different piece of advice for the same issue? I get that you guys are stressed but come on.
Oh no...I didn't mean it that way. trust me. I'm always grateful and indebted to the advice you share. I was trying to wrap my head around the similar incident that occurred between me and the other person. I truly appreciate your help. And I'll be sending the documents again, NOW!

one minor thing tho...my full name has a middle name. and should I name my doc ' '...first_middle_last...' ?

Oh no

Oh no...I didn't mean it that way. trust me. I'm always grateful and indebted to the advice you share. I was trying to wrap my head around the similar incident that occurred between me and the other person. I truly appreciate your help. And I'll be sending the documents again, NOW!

one minor thing tho...my full name has a middle name. and should I name my doc ' '...first_middle_last...' ?
There are about a million posts in this thread about naming documents already.

I've been doing some research into the actual interview process and what to expect on the day. I've watched some of BritSimon's videos and gone through some past examples. But I'm wondering if anyone can help with my query.
It's said that once you arrive, you are asked to submit your documents first and then told to wait to actually go through the interview itself. My question is, what documents are we actually supposed to hand over initially? Is it just the basics (passports, birth certs, etc) or everything you brought with you? Also, do you hand over both your copies and originals at that point? Basically, I'm just trying to figure out how I should be organising my docs to take with me. Any insight would be appreciated.

I've been doing some research into the actual interview process and what to expect on the day. I've watched some of BritSimon's videos and gone through some past examples. But I'm wondering if anyone can help with my query.
It's said that once you arrive, you are asked to submit your documents first and then told to wait to actually go through the interview itself. My question is, what documents are we actually supposed to hand over initially? Is it just the basics (passports, birth certs, etc) or everything you brought with you? Also, do you hand over both your copies and originals at that point? Basically, I'm just trying to figure out how I should be organising my docs to take with me. Any insight would be appreciated.

I'd like to add, one thing. For example, providing bank statement or affidavit of support is not in official list of documents, right? Yet you need to show evidence you won't become a public charge. Is it possible not to hand over those documents in the beginning and only give those later in case they ask you?

Generally, the documents you hand over are the ones that are listed to bring with - the civil documents, etc including the copies, yes - sometimes there is embassy variation on certain documents required above the basics for everything. if there is anything “extra” you brought - such as financial support documents that are not on the checklist - you keep those with you for the interview
The way it worked at my interview seemed standard, judging by many reports, which is:
1. You go to a window (usually staffed by a local employee) where your documents are checked and collected. At SOME embassies but not most, this employee will highlight if there are any obvious problems that will result in a denial (like not meeting the education requirement or wrong country of eligibility), and give you a chance to withdraw the case before you pay the fees (I’m not sure this is as relevant as pre-kcc DQ days but it might still be)
2. You pay the fee at the relevant spot /window
3. You are interviewed by the CO, who will be an American member of staff.