• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Again, you need to list that address! You’ve been spending 5 to 6 months in another country since 2014 to date, roughly 7 years, this is not the same as basically “going on a business trip”. Your home address in Sri Lanka (since you spend the remaining half of each year, more or less) is your primary place of residence and should be listed as current address regardless of where you are at the moment, that enables you to be scheduled for your interview in Sri Lanka. You don’t necessarily have to list address changes 52 times on the DS260 form, figure out how to list both one time each as your residency in both countries is ongoing. I don’t know about Simon listing or not listing business trips, but I’m willing to bet his business trips were not back and forth between two countries where he was spending roughly six months a year in each country for several years back to back.
Thank you for your timely response.
I will list my work country once from 2014 to the first half of 2020. because I am not really sure whether or not my contract would be extended for next year as well as my residence visa so I cannot be present here for an interview, and on the other hand because of pandemic I stayed home country more than 6 months in last 12 months, I can list my home country as current address.

1-my specific question is, once I figure out I am able to receive my Sri Lankan visa extension for next year (probably should happen around Feb 2022 for me), Can I easily ask KCC to change my embassy to Sri Lanka.
2-if yes, should this all happen before my case gets current?

AS11*** Iran

Last edited:
Hey everyone ;when filling out the D260 form (l am the main applicant)instead of putting my mother in laws's maiden surname ;l put her marriage surname;
2.When l filled my ds260 my father in law was still alive ;he passed away a few days later; my question is do l have to unlock the ds260 to correct this
3. my place of birth on my birth certificate and passport is different which one do l use. it is different coz on the birth certificate they put place as the mine l was born but on the passport the put the district which the mine falls under ;my question is that will that cause any issues

Hi there,
I have an another question. I am currently in the US, my "most recent visit" began in March of 2019. I cannot set my "length of stay" to "present". should I enter how long it's been since my last entry to the country (~2 years) or the remaining length of my visa (~3 years)?

Thank you for your help.
Set length of stay to the day you’re submitting the DS260.

Thank you so much,
The opinion "NO" is obviously easier to choose, but wouldn't it be considered as a lie? Cause as stated in ONETOnLine, job zone 4 needs considerable preparation.

I already stated whichever option you select is irrelevant. So please use your discretion.

Thank you for your timely response.
I will list my work country once from 2014 to the first half of 2020. because I am not really sure whether or not my contract would be extended for next year as well as my residence visa so I cannot be present here for an interview, and on the other hand because of pandemic I stayed home country more than 6 months in last 12 months, I can list my home country as current address.

1-my specific question is, once I figure out I am able to receive my Sri Lankan visa extension for next year (probably should happen around Feb 2022 for me), Can I easily ask KCC to change my embassy to Sri Lanka.
2-if yes, should this all happen before my case gets current?

AS11*** Iran
1. Yes you can contact KCC to request they unlock your DS260 if you need to update the form. However you should notice I omitted the word “easily” from my response as it may take a while for KCC to respond to your request.
2. Yes it should.

Hey everyone ;when filling out the D260 form (l am the main applicant)instead of putting my mother in laws's maiden surname ;l put her marriage surname;
2.When l filled my ds260 my father in law was still alive ;he passed away a few days later; my question is do l have to unlock the ds260 to correct this
3. my place of birth on my birth certificate and passport is different which one do l use. it is different coz on the birth certificate they put place as the mine l was born but on the passport the put the district which the mine falls under ;my question is that will that cause any issues
I’m not aware the DS260 now requires parents-in-law information on an applicant’s form. Can someone else confirm this?

2. List what is written on your birth certificate.

I’m not aware the DS260 now requires parents-in-law information on an applicant’s form. Can someone else confirm this?

2. List what is written on your birth certificate.
There is section on ds260 where you list the name of your parents and if their are still living.

Yes there is but you were talking about your parents-in-law names...

do you mean your mothers surname or Mother-in-law surname??

Yes there is but you were talking about your parents-in-law names...

do you mean your mothers surname or Mother-in-law surname??
l meant my mother-in-law's surname l was supposed to put her maiden name but l put her husband's surname(she changed her surname after marriage).

There is section on ds260 where you list the name of your parents and if their are still living.
I know about the section for an applicant's parents name/information. But you keep talking about your parents-in-law. I'm certain there is no section asking an applicant to list their mother-in-law or father-in-law's information on their form!

Hello,

I've been selected under the case number SA13xx. I'm living in Venezuela so no embassy. It's my understanding that Venezuelan selectees have to go to Colombia for the interview. However, given the current circumstances in Colombia I was wondering if it is possible to pick another location.
I also have an European passport. Considering that Europa is doing better with vaccination (and maybe more appointments for interviews will be given), is it possible to change the interview location to Europe or any other country?
I think it is also worth noting that I already sent my DS260.

Thank you!

Hello,

I've been selected under the case number SA13xx. I'm living in Venezuela so no embassy. It's my understanding that Venezuelan selectees have to go to Colombia for the interview. However, given the current circumstances in Colombia I was wondering if it is possible to pick another location.
I also have an European passport. Considering that Europa is doing better with vaccination (and maybe more appointments for interviews will be given), is it possible to change the interview location to Europe or any other country?
I think it is also worth noting that I already sent my DS260.

Thank you!
KCC will schedule your interview location based on the current address listed on your DS260 form.

KCC will schedule your interview location based on the current address listed on your DS260 form.
Oh yes, that's why they scheduled Colombia, because in Venezuela there is no embassy. But I was wondering whether I could change the interview location to another country even if I do not live there.
Thank you for your repply

on my husband's form.
So you need to be more clear and specific when asking questions. We're not with you, we cannot see what you're trying to do. Specify if the question you're asking about is related to a derivative or someone else, the assumption when that clarification is not made is that the question is about yourself.

1. Unlock your spouse's form and update that information to ensure it reflects the maiden name as required.
2. Since you're unlocking for 1 above, you might as well update this.
3. List what is written on your birth certificate.

So you need to be more clear and specific when asking questions. We're not with you, we cannot see what you're trying to do. Specify if the question you're asking about is related to a derivative or someone else, the assumption when that clarification is not made is that the question is about yourself.

1. Unlock your spouse's form and update that information to ensure it reflects the maiden name as required.
2. Since you're unlocking for 1 above, you might as well update this.
3. List what is written on your birth certificate.
@Sm1smom thank you

Oh yes, that's why they scheduled Colombia, because in Venezuela there is no embassy. But I was wondering whether I could change the interview location to another country even if I do not live there.
No you will be scheduled based on the Current address you stated on the DS 260 form. If you want Europe then you should be staying in Europe as at the time you are submitting the DS 260.

If you choose Europe and you state your current address as Venezuela, you will still be placed at Colombia embassy for interview.

Same answer as previously provided.