• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,
Based on the progression of DR and DQ by now, is it now evident whether the documents are being processed by CN?
I understand, accept and don't dispute the arguments for the docs processing by CN outlined before, but just wanna know if the (small) "empirical data" that people may have seen from different sources by now supports it completely? Maybe, it's a month or two early now.

Personally, the definite proof would be to see very low CNs being DQ'ed in few days/weeks and higher CNs waiting for many weeks or few months regardless of their date of ds260 submission (unless it was submitted in early may). I guess it's a little early to see this and ceac data would be needed.

I've seen a simple 2 digit AS person who has been waiting for DQ for more than a month now. So, it's made me wonder why he hasn't made DQ'ed yet. There's the possibility of him screwing it up (highly plausible), but I'm specifically looking for an actual counter-example if anyone knows of any. i.e. A low CN (2-3 digit) who got DR'ed within a month ago and then got DQ'ed in a matter of days or a week. Just note that a high CN who got DR'ed and haven't received the DQ yet would not be a sufficient counter-example.

Last edited:
Hello,
Based on the progression of DR and DQ by now, is it now evident whether the documents are being processed by CN?
I understand, accept and don't dispute the arguments for the docs processing by CN outlined before, but just wanna know if the (small) "empirical data" that people may have seen from different sources by now supports it completely? Maybe, it's a month or two early now.

Personally, the definite proof would be to see very low CNs being DQ'ed in few days/weeks and higher CNs waiting for many weeks or few months regardless of their date of ds260 submission (unless it was submitted in early may). I guess it's a little early to see this and ceac data would be needed.

I've seen a simple 2 digit AS person who has been waiting for DQ for more than a month now. So, it's made me wonder why he hasn't made DQ'ed yet. There's the possibility of him screwing it up (highly plausible), but I'm specifically looking for an actual counter-example if anyone knows of any. i.e. A low CN (2-3 digit) who got DR'ed within a month ago and then got DQ'ed in a matter of days or a week. Just note that a high CN who got DR'ed and haven't received the DQ yet would not be a sufficient counter-example.
Sorry, I forgot to mention this main point:
Many of the cases being DQ'ed right now have high numbers. This is the main reason that I asked this question. How come they're being DQ'ed? There should be a good backlog of documents by now and so how come they get DQ'ed and there's no trend of DQs coming out which have relatively lower numbers. It's just confusing to me when I see a case like AF50k or EU20k being DQ'ed, whereas I though most cases being DQ'ed now will have low CNs. I know the samples we see are very small and people tend not to say when they get DQ'ed and even less say when they got 2NL.

Again, sorry for the long posts.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this main point:
Many of the cases being DQ'ed right now have high numbers. This is the main reason that I asked this question. How come they're being DQ'ed? There should be a good backlog of documents by now and so how come they get DQ'ed and there's no trend of DQs coming out which have relatively lower numbers. It's just confusing to me when I see a case like AF50k or EU20k being DQ'ed, whereas I though most cases being DQ'ed now will have low CNs. I know the samples we see are very small and people tend not to say when they get DQ'ed and even less say when they got 2NL.

Again, sorry for the long posts.
I guess no one for 100% knows how KCC work. I have also seen people who submitted docs almost the same date as me, getting DQ, but I am still waiting. You can't just tell what logic KCC follows. I think they are still working remotely and there is poor coordination between employees and strong temptation to lay on a couch and process only 2-3 docs a day. We just have to wait I guess.

Just to keep you guys updated on our Balkan (Europe) spreadsheet. We hope some of you find this data useful while theorizing about how folks at KCC conduct their work :D Best of luck everyone!

View attachment 3191
So, not all the cases that are submitted before May 20th got their DR letter... KCC really works slow...
And I'm sorry to see that you haven't got any progress in your case, my friend :(

Hi Syd2022,

This is sooo strange - I would recommend seeing if you can add the DV emails to a 'whitelist' somehow in your emails just incase they are getting deleted automatically by the email system..

It seems that the 2NL's go in batches so I can update the OC thread once I receive one, a good chance we will be in the same month as it will go off DQ date, not case number. With the current situation in Sydney we will have to wait and see how it will work anyway, hopefully the consulate updates in the next week or so. I would anticipate that perhaps the Sydney consulate will request a few IV cases at a time from NVC and then 'reschedule' them at Melbourne, or perhaps they will have an opt in system ie contact us if you want a Melbourne interview (as they did for those they just re-scheduled).

Anyway, it seems something positive has come of the Sydney consulate being closed all this time for you - otherwise you may have missed an interview!!
OC13XX hi guys, I'm in the same position, got and email stating that DS-260 has been received and processing as of 1st August 21. No request for documents yet, should I wait or send anyway? seems like a long time in between. Thanks!

OC13XX hi guys, I'm in the same position, got and email stating that DS-260 has been received and processing as of 1st August 21. No request for documents yet, should I wait or send anyway? seems like a long time in between. Thanks!
Hi there,

Send your documents through anyway. :)

I heard many dates interview today for January! Is that real?
It depends where your heard. All I see in CP timeline tracker or different forums is that there are just few inteviews schedulled for december. Perhaps those people are not part of this forum as nobody mentioned January so far. But lets wait and see

It depends where your heard. All I see in CP timeline tracker or different forums is that there are just few inteviews schedulled for december. Perhaps those people are not part of this forum as nobody mentioned January so far. But lets wait and see
I have joined a telegram group for dv2022, today I saw at least 10 2nl in that group for January and several Dr and dq.

Hi, submitted documents on 15 October after request still not received any mail, current in October. What should be done, thanks

Hi, if there is any issue entering the US on an ESTA while I’m waiting for my interview?
My best friend is getting married in April in LA and I’m worried my interview won’t have happened before then (due to Sydney Consulate issues). Are we allowed to enter the USA during the process? Or does it look like we have intent to immigrate/overstay the ESTA?

Hi guys. AF3k here (Current in nov), got DQ on 12NOV. Since 2NLs have started going out, should I expect one this month? Or did I have to be DQ in October? (Provided my Moroccan embassy has enough capacity)

Hi guys. AF3k here (Current in nov), got DQ on 12NOV. Since 2NLs have started going out, should I expect one this month? Or did I have to be DQ in October? (Provided my Moroccan embassy has enough capacity)
You should receive it before end of this month IA hopefully ... do let us know when you get it...

Hi, if there is any issue entering the US on an ESTA while I’m waiting for my interview?
My best friend is getting married in April in LA and I’m worried my interview won’t have happened before then (due to Sydney Consulate issues). Are we allowed to enter the USA during the process? Or does it look like we have intent to immigrate/overstay the ESTA?
We’ve had several selectees who successfully visited the US while waiting to become current or get scheduled for their interview.

Reactions: TWI
Hi ,

I received this email now :
""""""""""""""""""""""
Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2022 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2022. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.
"""""""""""""""""""""""

So does this mean DQ and that I have to wait to receive the Visa appointment ? Do we know how long it would typically take ?

Document request : Aug 27th
Documents sent : Aug 30th
DS260 sent : May 21nd
Case number : AS008xx
VISA office : Montreal Canada

Thanks

Hi ,

I received this email now :
""""""""""""""""""""""
Congratulations! Our records indicate that your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview when your case number becomes current and appointments are available. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on region and which case numbers have already been processed.

All DV 2022 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2022. Please refer to the visa bulletin at travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month. Once an interview date has been scheduled, you will receive notification via the email address listed on your DS-260 to check dvprogram.state.gov for details.

If your case becomes current and you have not received notification to check dvprogram.state.gov, you may contact KCCDV@state.gov to confirm all of your documents have been received, and that you are ready to be scheduled for an interview. This notice does not necessarily confirm that all your documents have been received or are acceptable.

This notice is not a guarantee of receiving a visa or a visa interview. KCC is a document processing facility and does not make adjudicatory decisions.
"""""""""""""""""""""""

So does this mean DQ and that I have to wait to receive the Visa appointment ? Do we know how long it would typically take ?

Document request : Aug 27th
Documents sent : Aug 30th
DS260 sent : May 21nd
Case number : AS008xx
VISA office : Montreal Canada

Thanks
Yes, it's DQ email. Congrats