• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 soon!

Sm1smon,

thank you for your reply, but since I ‘be already raised my concerns maybe you or someone else in this forums had the same experience or know someone who had or have the similar situation can help

or having an idea on how to proceed in this kind of situation can help.

much appreciated

Spending so much time and energy answering potential questions which may not even matter at the end of the day if the person asking doesn’t get selected is a waste of everyone’s time (considering very few people do the actual answering here), that’s why we always say wait and get selected first. I’m happy to help, I just don’t have the time to answer hypothetical questions.

Speaking of DV2021 , someone asked department of states , on Twitter and they replied to say that the status check is postponed to June 6th 2020 Screenshot_20200417-231831.jpg

Good to know. But whether the release date or not really doesn't make much difference in my opinion. It still gives selectees plenty of time to prepare documents.

Coronavirus: Immigration to US to be suspended amid pandemic, Trump says

• President Donald Trump has said he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend all immigration to the US because of the coronavirus.
    On Twitter, he cited "the attack from the invisible enemy", as he calls the virus, and the need to protect the jobs of Americans, but did not give details.
    It was not clear what programmes might be affected and whether the president would be able to carry out the order.
In regards to the above and incase the orders are passed and executed,who will be affected?guys applying for immigrant visas or both?and will this affect the remaining selectees of DV 2020/2021?

• President Donald Trump has said he will sign an executive order to temporarily suspend all immigration to the US because of the coronavirus.
    On Twitter, he cited "the attack from the invisible enemy", as he calls the virus, and the need to protect the jobs of Americans, but did not give details.
    It was not clear what programmes might be affected and whether the president would be able to carry out the order.
In regards to the above and incase the orders are passed and executed,who will be affected?guys applying for immigrant visas or both?and will this affect the remaining selectees of DV 2020/2021?
Nobody knows until the Executive Order is released. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's very likely that all forms of immigrant visas including DV and some work visas will be put on hold. Not sure how this year's H1b recipients will be handled though. I'm devastated by the news too. But as a person who hasn't even won, there's no point freaking out about this.

I want to say ALL aspects of immigration would be affected. But we have to wait and see until it is passed to see the criteria.

Nobody knows until the Executive Order is released. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's very likely that all forms of immigrant visas including DV and some work visas will be put on hold. Not sure how this year's H1b recipients will be handled though. I'm devastated by the news too. But as a person who hasn't even won, there's no point freaking out about this.

oh yea sure, just hoping that they wont cancel the whole lottery thing.
Good thing that its temporary

The Department of State is postponing the opening of the Entrant Status Check for the DV-2021 applicants from May 5 to June 6, 2020. The Department’s resources are currently being used in our role in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and are prioritized for the assistance to U.S. citizens overseas. The delayed opening will not negatively impact our ability to pre-process and schedule DV-2021 interviews, which are scheduled to begin on October 1, 2020. The Department takes seriously our role in administering the Diversity Visa Program in accordance with all laws and regulations.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...dv2021-entrant-status-check-announcement.html

How about everyone just chill out and not think about this until things calm down a little?
I don't see anyone being "un-chilled" and in these times with the world on its head, some people need things to hope and wish for - let them have that :cool:

I don't see anyone being "un-chilled" and in these times with the world on its head, some people need things to hope and wish for - let them have that :cool:
I didn't really mean that anyone's not chilled, but it's like the Wild West in the US right now, as well as everywhere else for that matter. Things are almost changing almost weekly. I think we shouldn't get our hopes too high just yet. I'm hoping for the best too!