• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 soon!

Hello everyone!
For the 5th year in a row, no luck!
The only good side this year is that I could teach the site instantly and check 2 applications (hubby, and mine). Did they finally managed to support the load?

What about Pierre, Puda,...?
Good luck everyone

Not selected once again but its a lottery with very low chances of winning and not putting lot of hopes on this.

Last edited:
I have no idea where to ask for help so I’m very sorry that I’m writing here ):
When I try to check if I or my mother won it says “information is not valid” even though I have screenshots saved on my computer of our applications so there is no way I’m writing something wrong. So I’m not sure how you’re supposed to fill it in now? Let’s say with the name how you’re supposed to write the name?(I’m gonna use a fake one)
is it SMITH, JOHN or
JOHN, SMITH or
SMITH JOHN or
JOHN SMITH
I mean it says to use punctuation but when it keeps saying “information is invalid” I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore. Our Confirmation Numbers are correctly written I always throughly a few times if I wrote it right, the date of birth is obviously correct too. Please help me out with how am I supposed to write our names? Thank you very much!! Or if you know what type of problem this is that says “information is invalid” please let me know!!:)

When I try to check if I or my mother won it says “information is not valid” even though I have screenshots saved on my computer of our applications so there is no way I’m writing something wrong. So I’m not sure how you’re supposed to fill it in now? Let’s say with the name how you’re supposed to write the name?(I’m gonna use a fake one)
is it SMITH, JOHN or
JOHN, SMITH or
SMITH JOHN or
JOHN SMITH
I mean it says to use punctuation but when it keeps saying “information is invalid” I don’t know what’s right or wrong anymore. Our Confirmation Numbers are correctly written I always throughly a few times if I wrote it right, the date of birth is obviously correct too. Please help me out with how am I supposed to write our names? Thank you very much!! Or if you know what type of problem this is that says “information is invalid” please let me know!!:)

the page just asks for last name, not full name.

Not selected for 19th time. I guess twenty's a charm for me :) At least I don't have to wait a whole year till next draw, just 11 months. Congrats to all the winners this year! Hope the process goes smoothly and your visas get approved w/o too much stress. For the rest of us, oldtimers here, keep on playing and dream on until your dream comes true. It's better for them to surrender the GC's to us because we are surely not giving up!

is it SMITH, JOHN or
JOHN, SMITH or
SMITH JOHN or
JOHN SMITH
Just Smith.

Not selected for 19th time. I guess twenty's a charm for me :) At least I don't have to wait a whole year till next draw, just 11 months. Congrats to all the winners this year! Hope the process goes smoothly and your visas get approved w/o too much stress. For the rest of us, oldtimers here, keep on playing and dream on until your dream comes true. It's better for them to surrender the GC's to us because we are surely not giving up!

I love your spirit!!! And your perseverance obviously... I wish you the best for next year !

is it SMITH, JOHN or
JOHN, SMITH or
SMITH JOHN or
JOHN SMITH

As others told you, it's just family name. And just year of birth.
Make sure you don't mix up the 0(zero) and the letter O in the confirmation number.
Good luck!

I love your spirit!!! And your perseverance obviously... I wish you the best for next year !
Thanks for wishes and kind words. Well, it doesn't cost us anything to play so why not. I honestly thought this would be my year because someone mentioned last October that this year we will have better chances due to passport number requirement (and the fact that a lot of people have no passport at all). But obviously this was not the case as I see many long time members of this forum have not been selected too. I can't even say I am shaken, for shure not stirred :) But winning would make me sooo happpy! Good luck to you as well!

Never give up, I was not selected ony 20th attempt, fortunately my wife got selected.... It was her 12th attempt!

Damn that's brutal. If you do win, will you actually move? After 20 years I'd image you've already built your life in the country in which you are already.