• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 soon!

We have not been selected. Oh well. See you all in October. Congratulations to those selected, good luck on your journey.

After the 6th attempt... I finally got selected. I’m in awe right now.... I honestly punched in my details expecting to not get selected. AF24XXX
It could work with that CN. Maybe not to high. You have to be patient. Fill your DS260, upload your docs and hope for the best! Congrats anyway:)

It could work with that CN. Maybe not to high. You have to be patient. Fill your DS260, upload your docs and hope for the best! Congrats anyway:)
Thank you. From past numbers it looks pretty low. @SusieQQQ has mentioned this. I’ll probably become current in like April/May next year or something. Haven’t really thought of filling in the DS-260. I haven’t even processed the selection. I don’t think I’m in the right state of mind to fill in such an important form.

Thank you. From past numbers it looks pretty low. @SusieQQQ has mentioned this. I’ll probably become current in like April/May next year or something. Haven’t really thought of filling in the DS-260. I haven’t even processed the selection. I don’t think I’m in the right state of mind to fill in such an important form.

Good strategy, there’s no rush. The overwhelming number of questions we get from people who’ve realized they made mistakes on their forms and need to reopen them, are from people who rushed to fill them in.

Good strategy, there’s no rush. The overwhelming number of questions we get from people who’ve realized they made mistakes on their forms and need to reopen them, are from people who rushed to fill them in.
This is so true. By the way, I couldn’t help but notice that you’d wished me luck for this year’s entry (older post). Apparently that’s what I needed. Thanks.

As expected, I didn't get selected. But out of curiosity, does anyone know when the entrant, selectee statistics gets released?

But they continue to issue their bulletins? Sorry, I am confused. I thought they were still issuing DVs at this time. So basically, nothing us happening until the ban is lifted.
If you look at the bulletins (which cover a huge amount of other visas than DV and have other things like dates for filing) you’ll notice the DV numbers did not move during the ban.
As expected, I didn't get selected. But out of curiosity, does anyone know when the entrant, selectee statistics gets released?
It will be in a future visa bulletin as an informative section at the end, not sure because of the delay in release this year but maybe August visa bulletin.

@SusieQQQ but it did in May 2020 though and in June 2020. (And now everything is current) I only see that it didn't move between March and April. So does that mean embassies reopened and are now issuing visas again?

If you look at the bulletins (which cover a huge amount of other visas than DV and have other things like dates for filing) you’ll notice the DV numbers did not move during the ban.

It will be in a future visa bulletin as an informative section at the end, not sure because of the delay in release this year but maybe August visa bulletin.
Thanks Susie! I'm going to try again next year. Hopefully with better luck!

@SusieQQQ but it did in May 2020 though and in June 2020. (And now everything is current) I only see that it didn't move between March and April. So does that mean embassies reopened and are now issuing visas again?
look at issue date of the VBs vs the new numbers in them.
no, embassies are not reopened, did you look at the link I posted above for you which contained information on both embassy closure and the visa bans?

sorry, it seems that I don't know what to read here. Where can I find the issue date on the VBs?