• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

I've been emailing the Consulate regularly, but always end up receiving the following response(s):

"All routine services are suspended in Sydney. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time."

"Due to the current NSW restrictions, the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney has no firm dates of when routine visa appointments will resume."

“Our office will contact you with a new appointment as soon as restrictions are lifted. We appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as we can.”

So we just have to wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.

Hoping some in NZ can help me out.

Large Foolscap Courier Signature envelope, just wish to confirm if others have used a courier signature required upgrade prepaid ticket on a regular large envelope?

Secondly, how did people send their required documents, did you just put everything into a satchel?

Hi guys, just received my passport and visa. I am Super excited about moving over to the States.
Congrats Jake!
When are you planning on moving over? I've just booked my flights for late October but due to work its only 2 weeks before my Visa expires. Very nervous that I might not be giving myself much time in case of flight cancellation etc.

I suggest looking up the historical performance of that specific flight you are on and seeing if its one which js prone to cancellation.

Also, consider flying in to a major hub if possible. I chose to fly in to Doha first rather than directly to the USA because I knew a flight to LAX or SFO would have less demand from Australians than a flight in to Doha (which is a hub leading to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India, and Asia).

How has the success rate been to move interviews from one post to another? Haven't received a 2NL yet but if this lawsuit is successful (praying it is) then I want to avoid the indefinite lockdowns and get it moved to London.

How has the success rate been to move interviews from one post to another? Haven't received a 2NL yet but if this lawsuit is successful (praying it is) then I want to avoid the indefinite lockdowns and get it moved to London.
You need a valid reason to move a case (UK citizenship etc), and im not sure the implications of moving embassies after the lawsuit. London embassy can also deny the request to transfer cases, it depends on how back logged they are.

I suggest looking up the historical performance of that specific flight you are on and seeing if its one which js prone to cancellation.

Also, consider flying in to a major hub if possible. I chose to fly in to Doha first rather than directly to the USA because I knew a flight to LAX or SFO would have less demand from Australians than a flight in to Doha (which is a hub leading to Europe, Africa, the Middle East, India, and Asia).
Thanks for the advice =) do you know how I look into the historical performance of that flight? I've booked Syd to LAX.

Hey gang,

Long time listener, first time caller ;)

I'm on the list of DV2021OC SYD consulate cases that had an interview scheduled in (mine was mid-July). Interview was cancelled end of June, I sent the appropriate 'reschedule me whenever' reply, got the autogenerated 'Covid lockdown' response and also got the standard, 'we cannot predict when...but rest assured as soon as we can reschedule...' email from Sydney IV as well. I followed up with another email on 29/7 and am yet to get a reply this time.

I've gone through the various links and it looks like there's at least 80 people in the unique boat of having an interview scheduled in Syd (between June 29 - Aug 31) and then cancelled. Figured I'd try and find those on the forum - @AusJess27, @VBN2470, @jessk21, @jordank21, @Aus21, @NY9, @kimpolley, @LueyG (@Green&Gold it looks like you've changed your appt to ACK right?). Is there anyone else?

The lockdown in Sydney actually doesn't prevent the Consulate from being open, they've chosen to close their doors. Businesses can still operate if they cannot conduct certain business at home (ie. process immigration visas). With the Covid case numbers still rising after 6 weeks of lockdown, I cannot see lockdown being lifted. Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do to try and ensure our interviews are scheduled in September? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but we have a #dv2021squad here so putting it out there.

@Britsimon any suggestions? Long shot I know...

Hey gang,

I'm on the list of DV2021OC SYD consulate cases that had an interview scheduled in (mine was mid-July). Interview was cancelled end of June, I sent the appropriate 'reschedule me whenever' reply, got the autogenerated 'Covid lockdown' response and also got the standard, 'we cannot predict when...but rest assured as soon as we can reschedule...' email from Sydney IV as well. I followed up with another email on 29/7 and am yet to get a reply this time.

I've gone through the various links and it looks like there's at least 80 people in the unique boat of having an interview scheduled in Syd (between June 29 - Aug 31) and then cancelled. Figured I'd try and find those on the forum - @AusJess27, @VBN2470, @jessk21, @jordank21, @Aus21, @NY9, @kimpolley, @LueyG (@Green&Gold it looks like you've changed your appt to ACK right?). Is there anyone else?

The lockdown in Sydney actually doesn't prevent the Consulate from being open, they've chosen to close their doors. Businesses can still operate if they cannot conduct certain business at home (ie. process immigration visas). With the Covid case numbers still rising after 6 weeks of lockdown, I cannot see lockdown being lifted. Does anyone have any ideas of what we can do to try and ensure our interviews are scheduled in September? Maybe I'm clutching at straws but we have a #dv2021squad here so putting it out there.

I decided to head back to NZ as well since the Sydney lockdown doesn’t look like it’s going to let up anytime soon. I got my paralegal on Goodluck case to request KCC to change my embassy to Auckland.

Hoping I get a September 2NL, so fingers crossed.

Hey gang,

Just take a look at FIJI, Fiji never locked down yet the consulate stopped processing.
I believe Britsimon has made the comment many times before, the government is allowed to protect its people.

Take a look at other embassies in Sydney and it will give you an idea. (Example NZ consulate is closed to the general public)

The biggest issue, in NSW is movement restrictions rules, and I do not think Consulates counts as essential.
I believe it is why they are closed, due to the NSW Public health orders.
This was the reason why I changed

Auckland require documents from myself before they can reschedule, yet in MIQ cant provide original copies.

Hey gang,

Unfortunately, we just have to wait and see what happens. Unless the Sydney Consulate willingly decides to conduct interviews for cancelled DV cases in September, our only hope is that the lawsuits achieve a preservation of visas for issuance past the Sept. 30 deadline.

The Judge seems to be aware of the impacts on DV2021 selectees over the past year (~10% of visas issued so far), so I'm fairly optimistic he will issue an order which will hopefully benefit all of us.

Until then, all we can do is wait. I'm sure things will turn out well for all of us :)