• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/reliable information on having the AstraZeneca Vaccine before going to the US. Concerned that if AZ is not approved in US, it could cause issues once arrived. i.e. not being allowed in certain venues or locations because you don't have an FDA approved vaccine.
Depending on what state you want to live in, half the places couldn’t give two shits- nothing is enforced in this country lol, it’s pretty bad.

Yep im aware the covid vaccine is not a requirement. Im just in a predicament where I'm not sure if I should get AZ now or wait until October to get Pfizer. I am in Sydney but not in the impacted LGAs, however, I do think its a good idea to get vaccinated as soon as I can (even though I'm not leaving the house).

What im saying is i would wait for Pfizer if I knew that having AZ would create issues when im in the US.
FYI just saw a post on our local Facebook page that someone who got vax’d with AZ in the UK is not being accepted as vaccinated at the local bars /restaurants asking for vax proof for those wanting to dine/drink indoors. This is in San Francisco - as another poster here pointed out, where you end up may make a difference as to whether anyone cares to check.
Bear in mind also that a number of companies are requiring either vax or masks/weekly testing so it’s not just concerts etc, but no idea how companies would approach the “what vaccine” issue.

This probably is not helping you make an easy decision - but when I saw the Facebook post I remembered this one and thought I should let you know about it.

FYI just saw a post on our local Facebook page that someone who got vax’d with AZ in the UK is not being accepted as vaccinated at the local bars /restaurants asking for vax proof for those wanting to dine/drink indoors. This is in San Francisco - as another poster here pointed out, where you end up may make a difference as to whether anyone cares to check.
Bear in mind also that a number of companies are requiring either vax or masks/weekly testing so it’s not just concerts etc, but no idea how companies would approach the “what vaccine” issue.

This probably is not helping you make an easy decision - but when I saw the Facebook post I remembered this one and thought I should let you know about it.
That's really helpful Susie, thank you. I guess that's what I'm looking for - on the ground experiences where its impacting their daily life.. But you also gave me a good idea, i can post on the fb page im in for the area im looking at moving to and see if anyone has had a similar experience. Thank you again

In the works, upcoming flight from Sydney next week. Takes time as Sydney needs to send case.

That's interesting. They transferred you from Sydney to Auckland? I thought the NZ Govt was enforcing 14 day quarantines or does that not apply to Australia?

That's interesting. They transferred you from Sydney to Auckland? I thought the NZ Govt was enforcing 14 day quarantines or does that not apply to Australia?
Auckland has said they are willing to accept my transfer as the interview was already scheduled. Auckland has said they will only being scheduling process so long as I am in NZ. NZ is mandating 14 day quarantines, and returning to NZ is only open for NZ citizens. Flights are not going to resume normal services till 25th of September, and even then, that is a rough guidance.

Hi all, I need to change my immigration medical however, the closest date available is exactly 7 days before my interview. Will this be a problem? I was going to drop all the paper work off at consulate on the same day also.

Great point.. and yes totally understand what you mean.
Hey Jess, I've heard since the vaccine is still classed as an experimental vaccine, if you choose to take it some companies won't cover your health insurance. You may want to check with a few companies before getting it.

Hi all, I need to change my immigration medical however, the closest date available is exactly 7 days before my interview. Will this be a problem? I was going to drop all the paper work off at consulate on the same day also.
I don't see that being a problem, you just will probably be put in AP before processing until they receive it.

I don't see that being a problem, you just will probably be put in AP before processing until they receive it.
Thanks for the reply, I'm still all new to this - what is AP? and how long does it take to process a visa once medical arrives? (assuming my medical is okay lol)

Hey Jess, I've heard since the vaccine is still classed as an experimental vaccine, if you choose to take it some companies won't cover your health insurance. You may want to check with a few companies before getting it.
Thanks Jack. I'll be honest i find that hard to believe but interested to know where you found this info?

Certainly not the case in the US, fwiw.

Thanks for the reply, I'm still all new to this - what is AP? and how long does it take to process a visa once medical arrives? (assuming my medical is okay lol)
AP - Additional Processing.
Your medical should arrive within 7 - 14 days of completion to the embassy. The embassy will review your medical. Some cases it can take up to 6 weeks, however in NZ, I can not imagine it would be that long.

Hi everyone, I am waiting on an interview and like everyone else getting stressed. Do I you have to wait for an interview date before organising medicals? If not, is there a list of doctors that are certified? I just want to get as much done to streamline anything I can for when the Sydney lockdown ends.

Hi everyone, I am waiting on an interview and like everyone else getting stressed. Do I you have to wait for an interview date before organising medicals? If not, is there a list of doctors that are certified? I just want to get as much done to streamline anything I can for when the Sydney lockdown ends.
Hi Paul,

To answer your question, they do say to wait till you have an interview date scheduled before doing the medical.

What's your approx case number. what I've learned the last few weeks is that if you haven't been contacted/scheduled for an interview, the chance of getting a green-card is basically 0 at this point. It will be a "too bad and tough luck" situation. Essentially they didn't actually start processing visas until Feb this year! Meaning they are so behind. With lockdown as well? They aren't going to be scheduling new interviews, considering they have a bunch postponed from July.
I looked into joining a lawsuit but it seems to be too late. I have looked into the Rosales vs Biden case (and read most of it) and they do have lawyers fighting to save the 2021 DV lottery and extend the 'expiry date'... but no final decisions yet.

I spoke to the lawyer, he basically said to not jump to any conclusions until the decision is ruled. But at least it put's into perspective that things are very, very delayed.

Anyone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, this is just the conclusions I've made from what I've looked into recently.

They recommend not booking a medical until you have an interview as the medical can be pricey and also the medical centres will ask for the interview date information. You'll find the list of approved doctors and plenty of other details re the interview at the travel.state.gov site (link below). Also if look back on this thread you will see that medical centres currently aren't conducting medicals (instruction from the consulate), as all interviews are cancelled and i think they are worried they won't make it through the cancellations.
Unfortunately jasdv2021 is right, if you haven't received an interview yet the chances are slim as they have a load of cancelled interviews to get through before the cut off.

travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-submit-entry1.html

Hi Paul,

To answer your question, they do say to wait till you have an interview date scheduled before doing the medical.

What's your approx case number. what I've learned the last few weeks is that if you haven't been contacted/scheduled for an interview, the chance of getting a green-card is basically 0 at this point. It will be a "too bad and tough luck" situation. Essentially they didn't actually start processing visas until Feb this year! Meaning they are so behind. With lockdown as well? They aren't going to be scheduling new interviews, considering they have a bunch postponed from July.
I looked into joining a lawsuit but it seems to be too late. I have looked into the Rosales vs Biden case (and read most of it) and they do have lawyers fighting to save the 2021 DV lottery and extend the 'expiry date'... but no final decisions yet.

I spoke to the lawyer, he basically said to not jump to any conclusions until the decision is ruled. But at least it put's into perspective that things are very, very delayed.

Anyone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong, this is just the conclusions I've made from what I've looked into recently.
Hi, it’s OC 16xx. I did submit my DS260 in July last year and was waiting for notification of processing. After finding this forum this year, was told by someone here to contact KCC. I did that and they replied that my forms had been processed and to send documents. I’ve done that and they were accepted. I am now waiting for an interview date.

Hi, it’s OC 16xx. I did submit my DS260 in July last year and was waiting for notification of processing. After finding this forum this year, was told by someone here to contact KCC. I did that and they replied that my forms had been processed and to send documents. I’ve done that and they were accepted. I am now waiting for an interview date.
If you were going to get an interview, you would've already received your 2NL by now. Given that there's no end in sight for the Sydney lockdown and we are within 2 months of sept 30, there's no way the Sydney consulate will be taking any new cases from KCC. It's looking increasingly unlikely that they'll even get through the backlog of people who have had interviews cancelled before the end of next month too which is a real shame..

B
By the way, what month did you send your docs in?

B

By the way, what month did you send your docs in?
Ryanscr, after the stuff up from KCC not processing my ds260 when originally submitted and then it being processed. I sent my documents in last month and they were processed in under five days, at which point I received an email stating my case is now ready to be scheduled for an interview.