• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Changes to police certificate requirements.

Important: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:

• You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than two years ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
Thank you! What was the previous amount of years?

Hi all, just a quick update: I've received all my visas in the mail and moments ago I got approval to leave Australia. I'm leaving on July 16th!

I've seen some questions about exit permits so here's a run down on what I did:
- I read the instructions and followed them to the letter. This might sound obvious but if you've seen any of the Facebook groups for people applying for exemptions you'll see that most of them are not following the instructions.
- I applied on the basis of leaving for 3 months of more.
- I provided a stat dec for myself and my wife. The stat dec said very clearly that "we do not intend to return to Australia in the foreseeable future" and that we understand the risks of travelling during the pandemic.
- In our stat decs I gave an overview of our immigration journey. This helps substantiate the "compelling reason" part of the application. For us we decided to move in March 2019, and our one time entry visas expire in October, and so the timeline quite clearly shows that this is a long road we've been on and that there's a real time limit to when we have to get there.
- I provided identity documents to substantiate the relationships between my kids, wife, and I (birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports).
- I provided a copy of our visas.
- I provided a copy of the letter that the consulate sends with the visas.
- I provided a copy of our flight itinerary.
- I provided a copy of my wife and I's letters of resignation.

I submitted this just after midnight on Saturday. It was approved this morning at about 0900. Given that Monday was a public holiday that's just over 1 business day turn around time.

Hello OC fam,

I will be attending my medical this month and will have to travel interstate as there are no Approved Physicians in my State. Perth and Sydney are the only two viable options at the moment so I was wondering if anyone who has already completed their medical in Perth/Sydney could explain the fee structure or costs they paid.

Today I received an email from the Fitzgerald Medical Centre in Perth that stated "the cost for a US Visa Medical is up to $1200.00 + GST for an adult. Any vaccinations that are required are NOT included in this fee."

I was originally under the impression the medical costs would be in-between $700-1000. Any feedback would be great :)

Cheers

Hey!

I went to Sydney - total cost $700 and that was inclusive of X-rays and required vaccinations!

the doctor was lovely - I’d recommend Sydney!

Hi all, just a quick update: I've received all my visas in the mail and moments ago I got approval to leave Australia. I'm leaving on July 16th!

- I read the instructions and followed them to the letter. This might sound obvious but if you've seen any of the Facebook groups for people applying for exemptions you'll see that most of them are not following the instructions.
- I provided a stat dec for myself and my wife. The stat dec said very clearly that "we do not intend to return to Australia in the foreseeable future" and that we understand the risks of travelling during the pandemic.
- In our stat decs I gave an overview of our immigration journey. This helps substantiate the "compelling reason" part of the application. For us we decided to move in March 2019, and our one time entry visas expire in October, and so the timeline quite clearly shows that this is a long road we've been on and that there's a real time limit to when we have to get there.
- I provided identity documents to substantiate the relationships between my kids, wife, and I (birth certificates, marriage certificate, passports).

I submitted this just after midnight on Saturday. It was approved this morning at about 0900. Given that Monday was a public holiday that's just over 1 business day turn around time.
Epic. Must be an amazing feeling.

Amazing! I wish you all the best! How exciting! :)

If anyone is having a medical with the Auckland based physician, I have a copy of the 'paperwork' they require you to bring to the medical. It is not case specific at all and I am happy to share with anyone who requires a copy.

Hi All - Had interview yesterday in Sydney which all went well. Case is now in AP due to the medicals not arriving which was expected and didn't submit marriage certificate of a previous divorced marriage. We provided original divorce certificate but the marriage cert was needed so hope this helps anyone in the same predicament. We were in there for 2 hours as a few cases before us took forever as they were from foreign countries and required a lot of questioning and verification on their backgrounds - its bizarre how you can hear other interviews clearly sitting in a silent waiting room! One couple were interviewed for just over an hour. Anyway, ours took all of 10 minutes but more on that later.

Just to add a bit on the interview process at Sydney. When you arrive to MLC centre , you go up to level 10 where you will be met by a guard at the door who signs your name off and then you proceed into a checking area. Here you will go through a scanner similar to an airport where pockets are emptied, phones handed over, jackets, belts and shoes off etc. On the other side you are given a card to collect your phones on the way out at the same desk. You then proceed to the lift which takes you up the processing area. When you walk in you take a ticket - we were there 25 mins early so its a first in best dressed scenario. You are called up to the counter when your number comes up to just submit and check all your paperwork. You then wait for your number again to appear on the board for the interview. This was almost the 2 hours for us! The interview was just basic questions and nothing too in depth. We didn't need to provide any financial proof which we were prepared to do.
So now its a waiting period for the previous marriage certificate to come through which is a 2 week turnaround and then needs to be mailed in - no drop offs allowed. Hoping to be issued by mid-July and planning to leave end of November so kids can finish school year . Off to LA where we lived previously for 5 years and hoping to move to Scottsdale AZ area after a couple years once kids finish their schooling. Still have a dream to live on New York so may do that for a year in between!
All the best for all of you who are still waiting for interviews to be scheduled. I truly hope this opportunity arises for everyone who rightfully won the DV2021 lottery. Thanks to all those who have provided assistance as well along the way (except for Skidmark Steve or whoever he was...)

Hi All - Had interview yesterday in Sydney which all went well. Case is now in AP due to the medicals not arriving which was expected and didn't submit marriage certificate of a previous divorced marriage. We provided original divorce certificate but the marriage cert was needed so hope this helps anyone in the same predicament. We were in there for 2 hours as a few cases before us took forever as they were from foreign countries and required a lot of questioning and verification on their backgrounds - its bizarre how you can hear other interviews clearly sitting in a silent waiting room! One couple were interviewed for just over an hour. Anyway, ours took all of 10 minutes but more on that later.

Just to add a bit on the interview process at Sydney. When you arrive to MLC centre , you go up to level 10 where you will be met by a guard at the door who signs your name off and then you proceed into a checking area. Here you will go through a scanner similar to an airport where pockets are emptied, phones handed over, jackets, belts and shoes off etc. On the other side you are given a card to collect your phones on the way out at the same desk. You then proceed to the lift which takes you up the processing area. When you walk in you take a ticket - we were there 25 mins early so its a first in best dressed scenario. You are called up to the counter when your number comes up to just submit and check all your paperwork. You then wait for your number again to appear on the board for the interview. This was almost the 2 hours for us! The interview was just basic questions and nothing too in depth. We didn't need to provide any financial proof which we were prepared to do.
So now its a waiting period for the previous marriage certificate to come through which is a 2 week turnaround and then needs to be mailed in - no drop offs allowed. Hoping to be issued by mid-July and planning to leave end of November so kids can finish school year . Off to LA where we lived previously for 5 years and hoping to move to Scottsdale AZ area after a couple years once kids finish their schooling. Still have a dream to live on New York so may do that for a year in between!
All the best for all of you who are still waiting for interviews to be scheduled. I truly hope this opportunity arises for everyone who rightfully won the DV2021 lottery. Thanks to all those who have provided assistance as well along the way (except for Skidmark Steve or whoever he was...)
Your last comment just gave me a good laugh!

Overall though a really great run through of your interview, thank you for sharing and congratulations on the next step of the longest process ever!!

On the above, it seems there may be a “gap” between what is required by KCC documents wise and what is required for the interview as per any normal immigrant visa interview. Maybe will help someone else - probably worth double checking against those requirements where one would see:

—-

Marriage Certificates​

If you are or have been married, you must obtain original marriage certificate/s or certified copies of EVERY marriage.

Marriage Termination Documentation​

If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents: FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

—-
There are also other records possibly relevant example I don’t think KCC asks for military records but these are needed if someone has served

Congratulations and a huge thanks for the detailed update! It's super helpful.

On the above, it seems there may be a “gap” between what is required by KCC documents wise and what is required for the interview as per any normal immigrant visa interview. Maybe will help someone else - probably worth double checking against those requirements where one would see:

—-

Marriage Certificates​

If you are or have been married, you must obtain original marriage certificate/s or certified copies of EVERY marriage.

Marriage Termination Documentation​

If you were previously married, you must obtain evidence of the termination of EVERY prior marriage you have had. Your evidence must be an original or certified copy of one of the following documents: FINAL legal divorce decree, death certificate, or annulment papers.

—-
There are also other records possibly relevant example I don’t think KCC asks for military records but these are needed if someone has served
Does this applies for both the principal applicant and the accompany member, or the principal applicant only.

Does this applies for both the principal applicant and the accompany member, or the principal applicant only.
Every immigrant. If you click on the link I provided, it says “…you and each family member immigrating with you MUST collect the civil documents required to support your visa application.”

200w.gif