• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Couple of different data sources

https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY21.html if you scroll down to the embassy section you can see case number ranges that are at the embassy.
Xarthisus updates his data twice a month

Save diversity visa update data daily, if you scroll down to Sydney (SYD and OC) you can see the Max case currently at the embassy is in the 1500 range. Sydney has also processed cases for other regions (low numbers and i believe it was prior to everyone cases becoming current)

Hope this helps

Just a couple of notes.

The data provided by Xarthisius is scraped a couple of times a month, so it is less up to date than SaveDiversityVisa's data. However it is a more accurate process than SDV's which has a few missing cases.

As pointed out above, the high case number for each embassy does not mean everyone below that number will be interviewed. There is an aspect of timing of when your case was processed, but also some luck to determine who gets interviewed.

OC region (and SA region) are doing better than the bigger regions. One or two countries that controlled the Covid crisis well in a small region can cause a big impact. In OC region Australia and New Zealand managed COVID well, and now they are doing well on embassy capacity. So they are pulling OC region along. So that gives a good chance of interview for any case number in OC region, particularly at those two main embassies.

There are only two scheduling months left. Once the embassy has had its scheduled interviews it won't get more 2NLs later in the same month (although that might change with the mandamus lawsuits).

Re AUS police certificate - there is a national delay, 15-20 day wait on these being processed. I ordered mine on 26 May and hadn't received confirmation that it had been processed so i called them this morning and they advised of the delay.

Just a couple of notes.

The data provided by Xarthisius is scraped a couple of times a month, so it is less up to date than SaveDiversityVisa's data. However it is a more accurate process than SDV's which has a few missing cases.

As pointed out above, the high case number for each embassy does not mean everyone below that number will be interviewed. There is an aspect of timing of when your case was processed, but also some luck to determine who gets interviewed.

OC region (and SA region) are doing better than the bigger regions. One or two countries that controlled the Covid crisis well in a small region can cause a big impact. In OC region Australia and New Zealand managed COVID well, and now they are doing well on embassy capacity. So they are pulling OC region along. So that gives a good chance of interview for any case number in OC region, particularly at those two main embassies.

There are only two scheduling months left. Once the embassy has had its scheduled interviews it won't get more 2NLs later in the same month (although that might change with the mandamus lawsuits).
Simon, that was a fantastic reply thank you! May I please ask, regarding the last two months scheduling dates - when would someone have had to submit their documents to be awarded once of these slots? I didn't submitted my police checks until start of May. I am afraid submitting later has put me at the back of the pack or I won't get a slot at all. 2021OC19**

The next business day we received our Passport's, Visa's, sealed packets and letter to show Home Affairs when applying for an exemption to leave Australia.

The past year was very stressful but a lot of it ended up being things not to be stressed about. We've booked our flights to Los Angeles and are heading off in a few months. Now just trying to get everything sorted for the move.
Hey @OC2USA this was a great update, thank you for sharing your experience!
I just wanted to ask about the Home Affairs letter and how you're going applying for an exemption? I'd love more insight into this. Are you making the complete move now or doing an activation trip? I ask because I'm hoping to only have to do an activation trip (even if it has to be the 3 months minimum to leave) rather than the total move, but I'd love to hear more about your experience and next steps to getting out of the country.

Thank you in advance!

Hi friends, any other people around the 2021OC19** number still waiting for 2NL? I received the email a month ago saying they are sorting out my interview appointment and will let me know but haven't heard anything. I've sent an email to KCC but no reply (yet). I am just a bit confused when all OC numbers are current on the bulletin, I assume that means we would all get our date by now :) Thank you
I feel like if your consulate is in Sydney, they are probably going by case number probably up to around 14XX or 15XX; looking at the Xarthsius data. Other embassies in OC have already got to higher case numbers already.

I'm 16XX (Sydney) and still waiting as well, starting to get a bit anxious with basically 2 more chances to get a 2NL.

I'm OC11XX and still waiting for my 2NL.... don't know if there's an order or it's just random at this stage

I just checked my case number on CEAC and it's "at NVC", I'm definitely a little bit worried now.
Does anyone have any intel on how this might affect getting an interview?

I'm OC11XX and still waiting for my 2NL.... don't know if there's an order or it's just random at this stage

I just checked my case number on CEAC and it's "at NVC", I'm definitely a little bit worried now.
Oh no, I just checked my status also and it says NVC. Even though I submitted all my police checks and got a reply saying I am ready to be scheduled for an interview and to await the email. What does this mean for us both?

Just going off people on this thread and myself, i get the idea that people that submitted their docs early are getting 2NLs before those that waited.

Oh no, I just checked my status also and it says NVC. Even though I submitted all my police checks and got a reply saying I am ready to be scheduled for an interview and to await the email. What does this mean for us both?
It will stay 'at NVC' until you receive your 2NL

Thanks @AusJess27 !
I re-read this whole thread and watched the most recent BritSimon video - he covered a bit about 2NLs, seems like whoever got their docs in the earliest are likely to get their interviews earlier. Would recommend watching @Missystar, seems like a waiting game :/
Thank you 2021punky and ausjess. I guess we have done the best we can and shall just wait if its meant to be that we get an interview slot :)

Simon, that was a fantastic reply thank you! May I please ask, regarding the last two months scheduling dates - when would someone have had to submit their documents to be awarded once of these slots? I didn't submitted my police checks until start of May. I am afraid submitting later has put me at the back of the pack or I won't get a slot at all. 2021OC19**

Your fear is well founded. The evidence seems to be leaning toward most, not all cases being scheduled in OC. In that case the cases that got ready for scheduling earlier will have an advantage. So - the late submission might hurt you. Obviously all you can do is wait and see.

Hi All Kiwis, has anyone gone through the process of having a medical in Auckland and are happy to share some details. The medical centres website states that there is paperwork to complete before arrival. I have one document which I have attached and it was found on the Consulates website.

Would there be anymore that I need to complete and would you know where to obtain a copy?

I am planning to contact the consulate and medical centre on Tuesday to ask these questions but definitely would love to hear from anyone who has been through the process :)
There are more forms that will be sent to you via email from the consulate, I think I received them a couple days after receiving my 2NL - I believe you can't book a medical without being sent these first.

Has anyone had any luck applying for the travel exemption to leave Australia? What evidence did you provide? I have the letter from the embassy outlining visa activation but I've heard others are being declined on just this and am concerned. Some of the other suggested evidence like selling of home, terminating residence lease, letter of termination to employer, employment offer o/s or transportation of goods aren't really applicable to me and not sure what else I can provide

Hey @OC2USA this was a great update, thank you for sharing your experience!
I just wanted to ask about the Home Affairs letter and how you're going applying for an exemption? I'd love more insight into this. Are you making the complete move now or doing an activation trip? I ask because I'm hoping to only have to do an activation trip (even if it has to be the 3 months minimum to leave) rather than the total move, but I'd love to hear more about your experience and next steps to getting out of the country.

Thank you in advance!
Has anyone had any luck applying for the travel exemption to leave Australia? What evidence did you provide? I have the letter from the embassy outlining visa activation but I've heard others are being declined on just this and am concerned. Some of the other suggested evidence like selling of home, terminating residence lease, letter of termination to employer, employment offer o/s or transportation of goods aren't really applicable to me and not sure what else I can provide

We would prefer to do a validation trip, however due to the restrictions on leaving Australia, jobs, pets etc. we will just have to do the total move.

We will be applying for our travel exemption 2 months before we go as you can't apply any sooner (Home Affairs states no sooner than 2 months before and no later than 2 weeks before).

We will apply and attach a statutory declaration with our intent to to depart permanently (more than 3 months), attach proof of one way tickets booked and paid for, letter from consulate, proof of the pets booked and paid to travel, proof of accommodation in the USA that we will have booked, proof of leaving work for more than 3 months, etc. Basically everything we can provide we will. If they reject it it we will appeal and apply again (this is why we will apply as soon as the 2 month date starts).

Looking online pretty much everyone who has applied because they are moving overseas and submitted the statutory declaration has been granted the exemption.

Will keep everyone updated on the progress through that process.

The Home Affairs website states:

-----

If you are an Australian citizen or a permanent resident you cannot leave Australia due to COVID-19 restrictions unless you have an exemption. You can apply online but you must meet at least one of the following:
  • your travel is as part of the response to the COVID-19 outbreak, including the provision of aid
  • your travel is for your business/employer
  • you are travelling to receive urgent medical treatment that is not available in Australia
  • you are travelling outside Australia for a compelling reason for three months or longer
  • you are travelling on compelling or compassionate grounds
  • your travel is in the national interest.
You must provide evidence to support your claims. Requests may be finalised without further consideration if insufficient evidence is provided. Evidence may include:
  • passport/s
  • marriage certificate/s
  • birth certificate/s
  • death certificate/s
  • proof of relationship (for example, shared tenancy agreement, joint bank account etc.)*
  • proof that you are moving to another country on a long term basis such as leases, job offers and evidence your goods are being transported
  • proof of your current valid visa, including in Australia and/or overseas
  • letter from a doctor or hospital about any medical treatment/condition with statements on why travel is necessary
  • letter from your employer, or other evidence that you are travelling for a business reason
  • statement or evidence to show when you wish to return to Australia
  • any other proof you may have to support your claims.

Travel for three months or longer​

If you are seeking exemption from Australia’s outbound travel restrictions on the basis that you are leaving Australia for three months or longer, your proposed travel must be for a compelling reason and you must provide evidence to support your claims.

This evidence must be provided in the form of a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration.

The Statutory Declaration must state you are making an application for travel exemption on the basis that you intend to be absent from Australia for more than three months.

Evidence may include:
  • confirmed flight itinerary, with return date of at least three months after departure date
  • confirmation of leave from employment for three months
  • enrolment confirmation for study
  • a doctor’s certificate to support your claim you are travelling in order to provide care for sick family members
  • any other matter you wish to raise in support of your request for exemption.
------

We're hoping by the time we apply (around August) that maybe they will have relaxed the outbound rules for vaccinated people but doubt it so we'll just be providing everything we have.

Do you mean any cases processed in OC, or OC cases processed in OC?

I'm not looking at that level of detail. I am looking at OC as a whole. Cases from other regions being interviewed in OC will probably benefit from the well managed country effect, but I don't know what that will mean for individual cases.