• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

I called Suva Embassy today and Consular officer told me that KCC is aware of the Covid situation in Fiji currently and will not schedule interviews. She also told me that there are backlog of over 100 cases since Mid April.
I can imagine the backlog. 2021OC7XX here. Will just ride this out and hope for an interview date by the end of Sept. I've also joined the Curtis lawsuit.

I ended up calling O'Connell St Clinic again and got through after 40 minutes, I can imagine they are quite busy. The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and able to book my medical for the week I had planned for.

I also called Fitzgerald Medical Centre this morning to enquire about the costs of up to $1200 as stated in their email. I was told the fee schedule is up to $1200 but the average cost is in between $800-$1000 excluding vaccinations.

Thanks AusJess27 for your advice. As Brisbane no longer conducts medicals and Melbourne is in lockdown, I'd say Sydney would be the most logical option for most DV winners at this time (although I have no knowledge about MediCentral and their fees).

I ended up calling O'Connell St Clinic again and got through after 40 minutes, I can imagine they are quite busy. The gentleman I spoke to was very helpful and able to book my medical for the week I had planned for.

I also called Fitzgerald Medical Centre this morning to enquire about the costs of up to $1200 as stated in their email. I was told the fee schedule is up to $1200 but the average cost is in between $800-$1000 excluding vaccinations.

Thanks AusJess27 for your advice. As Brisbane no longer conducts medicals and Melbourne is in lockdown, I'd say Sydney would be the most logical option for most DV winners at this time (although I have no knowledge about MediCentral and their fees).
You're very welcome, that's what this forum is all about. Sharing is caring! :)

Has anyone had a MMR booster shot at their medical appt? and do you recall how much it was?
Hey AusJess27 - MMR is free atm. Well it is in NZ anyway. AUS might have a immunisation register - have a wee google online. See what other vaccines are free in AUS too as you may as well go in to the docs and get the others as well.

Hey AusJess27 - MMR is free atm. Well it is in NZ anyway. AUS might have a immunisation register - have a wee google online. See what other vaccines are free in AUS too as you may as well go in to the docs and get the others as well.
Interesting.. yea im definitely confused because the lady at the medical centre told me it was free, i then called a Pharmacy in an attempt to get it beforehand and they told me it was $50 and not free.. I know the medical centre is really busy so i didnt want to bother them with another phone call but i think im just going to get the booster at my appt and not worry about it beforehand.

Also im all good re the other vaccines, its just that one thankfully!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just joined recently but been reading over the past year - We finally received our visas in our passports this week and thought I'd come to provide info and any questions that others are panicking about (I was panicking and there was nothing to panic about, from Medical's ceac status, interview, etc.)

Medical
First in relation to the medical as that seems to be a lot of recent posts. We had ours done at MediCentral in Sydney. They were amazing. The cost was $550.50 (this doesn't include if you need vaccinations).

MMR and Chicken Pox (Varicella) are for life, if you don't have records you can go to your GP and just get a blood test to show you have immunity.

The other ones that were required were DTP (Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis) - must have a record showing vaccination within the last 10 years. You also need the Influenza Vaccine (between 1 April and 30 Sep)

We had all our records of vaccinations and blood tests showing immunity for MMR and Varicella so didn't require any vaccinations on the day. One of us had to get the DTP booster but did that at our GP prior to the medical. Dr Rappaport and the staff at the centre were fantastic and knew everything about the whole DV process.

Timeframe (2NL, Interview, Status etc)
Submitted our 260's in July 2020 last year
Documents submitted around August 2020
Ready for Scheduling around September 2020

Our number is below 700

Received 2NL around late March 2021 for interview late May 2021

When we received our 2NL in March our CEAC status stayed "In Transit" for about 6 weeks. Booked our Medical for 2 weeks before our interview.

Early May 2021 we received an email from the Sydney Consulate to confirm we were attending and provided some information, at this point our CEAC status changed to "Ready".

Had the Medical, everything was simple and nothing to worry about, really just a general medical and x-rays. Medical took a few days to arrive at the consulate (had a tracking number).

Interview
Was really nothing to be worried about. You go through security, as someone said above you can bring your phone etc it just gets lodged in a secure bag before you go up. We had all our documents in order (as per an old document coversheet someone posted on here). Was the basic documents they require, originals with a copy behind it for each of us. We handed them to the girl at the counter and she checked them, said it was all good and sent us to another counter to pay. Make sure you have the large Aus Post Satchel (They provide a link to it on the confirmation email) as we seen a few people who didn't have it. We also had a big folder with us with what felt like 100's of documents, we had it with us in case we needed anything extra but they never asked for any of it.

After payment we got called up to the counter and the Consular Officer went through our documents, checked them and asked general questions. We got asked how/when we met, where we plan to live, what we plan to do for work, and what funds we have/will use to make the move. All easy questions. The Consular Officer then told us we were approved and should get our passports back in about 10 days. That was it. Everyone at the Consulate was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Our CEAC status stayed at "Ready" for about 5 days, after 5 days both went to "AP" and then back to "Ready" on the same day. Then one of us went to "Issued" while the other stayed at "Ready". It was like this for about 5 days (one of us in "Issued" and one stuck at "Ready") eventually they both changed to "Issued" and the same day received another email advising that our Visa's had been issued and some general information.

The next business day we received our Passport's, Visa's, sealed packets and letter to show Home Affairs when applying for an exemption to leave Australia.

The past year was very stressful but a lot of it ended up being things not to be stressed about. We've booked our flights to Los Angeles and are heading off in a few months. Now just trying to get everything sorted for the move.

If anyone has any questions about the process feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone, this forum was incredibly helpful throughout the year and definitely helped in ensuring we had the correct documents and in the right order.

Great to see everyone else starting to get their interviews come through.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, just joined recently but been reading over the past year - We finally received our visas in our passports this week and thought I'd come to provide info and any questions that others are panicking about (I was panicking and there was nothing to panic about, from Medical's ceac status, interview, etc.)

Medical
First in relation to the medical as that seems to be a lot of recent posts. We had ours done at MediCentral in Sydney. They were amazing. The cost was $550.50 (this doesn't include if you need vaccinations).

MMR and Chicken Pox (Varicella) are for life, if you don't have records you can go to your GP and just get a blood test to show you have immunity.

The other ones that were required were DTP (Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis) - must have a record showing vaccination within the last 10 years. You also need the Influenza Vaccine (between 1 April and 30 Sep)

We had all our records of vaccinations and blood tests showing immunity for MMR and Varicella so didn't require any vaccinations on the day. One of us had to get the DTP booster but did that at our GP prior to the medical. Dr Rappaport and the staff at the centre were fantastic and knew everything about the whole DV process.

Timeframe (2NL, Interview, Status etc)
Submitted our 260's in July 2020 last year
Documents submitted around August 2020
Ready for Scheduling around September 2020

Our number is below 700

Received 2NL around late March 2021 for interview late May 2021

When we received our 2NL in March our CEAC status stayed "In Transit" for about 6 weeks. Booked our Medical for 2 weeks before our interview.

Early May 2021 we received an email from the Sydney Consulate to confirm we were attending and provided some information, at this point our CEAC status changed to "Ready".

Had the Medical, everything was simple and nothing to worry about, really just a general medical and x-rays. Medical took a few days to arrive at the consulate (had a tracking number).

Interview
Was really nothing to be worried about. You go through security, as someone said above you can bring your phone etc it just gets lodged in a secure bag before you go up. We had all our documents in order (as per an old document coversheet someone posted on here). Was the basic documents they require, originals with a copy behind it for each of us. We handed them to the girl at the counter and she checked them, said it was all good and sent us to another counter to pay. Make sure you have the large Aus Post Satchel (They provide a link to it on the confirmation email) as we seen a few people who didn't have it. We also had a big folder with us with what felt like 100's of documents, we had it with us in case we needed anything extra but they never asked for any of it.

After payment we got called up to the counter and the Consular Officer went through our documents, checked them and asked general questions. We got asked how/when we met, where we plan to live, what we plan to do for work, and what funds we have/will use to make the move. All easy questions. The Consular Officer then told us we were approved and should get our passports back in about 10 days. That was it. Everyone at the Consulate was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Our CEAC status stayed at "Ready" for about 5 days, after 5 days both went to "AP" and then back to "Ready" on the same day. Then one of us went to "Issued" while the other stayed at "Ready". It was like this for about 5 days (one of us in "Issued" and one stuck at "Ready") eventually they both changed to "Issued" and the same day received another email advising that our Visa's had been issued and some general information.

The next business day we received our Passport's, Visa's, sealed packets and letter to show Home Affairs when applying for an exemption to leave Australia.

The past year was very stressful but a lot of it ended up being things not to be stressed about. We've booked our flights to Los Angeles and are heading off in a few months. Now just trying to get everything sorted for the move.

If anyone has any questions about the process feel free to ask. Good luck to everyone, this forum was incredibly helpful throughout the year and definitely helped in ensuring we had the correct documents in the right order.

Great to see everyone else starting to get their interviews come through.
This is fantastic and so helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to share this! And congratulations !!

One thing I want to mention is re the MMR. I had shots when I was a child and assumed it was for life. I had my bloods done recently and the Measles and Mumps were positive but Rubella came back low positive so I need to get the booster. Really annoying but it does emphasis its important to get your bloods done beforehand.

This is fantastic and so helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to share this! And congratulations !!

One thing I want to mention is re the MMR. I had shots when I was a child and assumed it was for life. I had my bloods done recently and the Measles and Mumps were positive but Rubella came back low positive so I need to get the booster. Really annoying but it does emphasis its important to get your bloods done beforehand.
If you are female of child bearing age, the MMR vaccine is free through your GP, as Rubella + baby = bad. I was the same thing as you... I definitely had childhood MMR vax but bloods showed low Rubella immunity (I had lost vax records so needed serology report to show immunity for visa)

If you are female of child bearing age, the MMR vaccine is free through your GP, as Rubella + baby = bad. I was the same thing as you... I definitely had childhood MMR vax but bloods showed low Rubella immunity (I had lost vax records so needed serology report to show immunity for visa)
Amazing, thank you!

Did you call or send an email? I called earlier this morning and was told I would receive a phone call back but am yet to hear from them
Just called them around Midday and also at 5pm again to amend booking, very easy to book, sent me an email with everything that is required at least 5 days before appointment etc.

Quick question for everyone who has been issued a visa.
Has anyone gone through the process with a lifetime health problem / past medical issues?
Example Diabetes or Eosinophilic asthma?

Quick question for everyone who has been issued a visa.
Has anyone gone through the process with a lifetime health problem / past medical issues?
Example Diabetes or Eosinophilic asthma?
Those kinds of medical problems aren't a reason for denial so I wouldn't stress too much. Things that are a cause for concern are untreated communicable diseases.

Additionally - there really is no need to stress about what vaccines should I get before I see the doctor - they will take care of all this, you will only get what you need. Having a blood test at your local GP prior to the visit isn't a bad idea, I did that.... most vaccines were not required due to "aging out", the only two I needed was MMR and DTaP, both were given at the medical - total cost of my medical was less than $600

I’m here!! Customs was a breeze on my side. The line was long but moved VERY quickly because every single booth had a CBP officer in it! I almost shed a tear seeing it because I’ve had some pretty harrowing customs experiences in the past. Once there was only 2 officers for 7 planes it was awful lol. I assume it’s because of covid and they don’t want thousands of people packed like sardines for extended periods of time. Silver linings! Once it was my turn I just gave him the visa packet and my passport, he read the paperwork and signed it off then stamped & signed my passport and away I went. Took all of 5 minutes. I offered my lung X-rays, he didn’t want them. The way out was much quicker too, no second line with someone checking the visa stamp.
The dogs on the other hand, oh my god. If anyone is immigrating with pets, brace yourself for a very long stressful confusing afternoon lol. DM me and I can give you specific instructions on exactly what to do to get them out of customs because it’s a bit of a nightmare.
We’re all in our Airbnb in Palm Springs now just resting, the dogs are exhausted after almost 32 hours in their crates.
Good luck to everyone having their interviews soon!! I’m so happy for everyone!!

Hi All Kiwis, has anyone gone through the process of having a medical in Auckland and are happy to share some details. The medical centres website states that there is paperwork to complete before arrival. I have one document which I have attached and it was found on the Consulates website.

Would there be anymore that I need to complete and would you know where to obtain a copy?

I am planning to contact the consulate and medical centre on Tuesday to ask these questions but definitely would love to hear from anyone who has been through the process :)

Attachments

• ACK_Auckland_Med_Exam_Form.pdf
    313.6 KB · Views: 7
Regarding vaccines, here is a good chart to review if you would like to see further detail and the age you may of had the vaccines.

I ask for a copy of my medical records from my medical centre I was with growing up and all of the vaccines relate to the ones found on this list, except for MMR - I have a hand written record of this but I am getting the vaccine redone as it is currently free to do so in NZ. Flu shot is often free too through school or work.

Attachments

• HE1308_National Immunisation Schedule_0.pdf
    230.2 KB · Views: 14
I’m here!! Customs was a breeze on my side. The line was long but moved VERY quickly because every single booth had a CBP officer in it! I almost shed a tear seeing it because I’ve had some pretty harrowing customs experiences in the past. Once there was only 2 officers for 7 planes it was awful lol. I assume it’s because of covid and they don’t want thousands of people packed like sardines for extended periods of time. Silver linings! Once it was my turn I just gave him the visa packet and my passport, he read the paperwork and signed it off then stamped & signed my passport and away I went. Took all of 5 minutes. I offered my lung X-rays, he didn’t want them. The way out was much quicker too, no second line with someone checking the visa stamp.
The dogs on the other hand, oh my god. If anyone is immigrating with pets, brace yourself for a very long stressful confusing afternoon lol. DM me and I can give you specific instructions on exactly what to do to get them out of customs because it’s a bit of a nightmare.
We’re all in our Airbnb in Palm Springs now just resting, the dogs are exhausted after almost 32 hours in their crates.
Good luck to everyone having their interviews soon!! I’m so happy for everyone!!

Glad you all arrived, must be a great feeling to have landed and about to get ready to set up a new life. Any input or tips/advice you have on the pets would be fantastic.

We have two dogs we are brining, we've booked their flights for two days after ours (so we have time to arrive and get anything ready before collecting them). They're booked to fly direct from Brisbane to LAX so any tips you have for getting them ready or arrival/collection at LAX would be great. The company we booked them through have so far been great with everything and provided a lot of info. Very nervous about them flying.

Glad you all arrived, must be a great feeling to have landed and about to get ready to set up a new life. Any input or tips/advice you have on the pets would be fantastic.

We have two dogs we are brining, we've booked their flights for two days after ours (so we have time to arrive and get anything ready before collecting them). They're booked to fly direct from Brisbane to LAX so any tips you have for getting them ready or arrival/collection at LAX would be great. The company we booked them through have so far been great with everything and provided a lot of info. Very nervous about them flying.
Not sure about from there but when we brought our pet, the company we used did a door to door service - so they dealt with all the customs stuff, etc and delivered our pet to our door. took a fair amount of stress out the equation.

Not sure about from there but when we brought our pet, the company we used did a door to door service - so they dealt with all the customs stuff, etc and delivered our pet to our door. took a fair amount of stress out the equation.

Thanks very much Susie, they do offer door to door but we didn't book it (we can still add it). I think we thought we'd just pick them up to have them being moved/transported less than needed, but as you say if it means the company dealing with customs and sorting everything out it would be a lot less stressful.