• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

This is fantastic and so helpful, thank you so much for taking the time to share this! And congratulations !!

One thing I want to mention is re the MMR. I had shots when I was a child and assumed it was for life. I had my bloods done recently and the Measles and Mumps were positive but Rubella came back low positive so I need to get the booster. Really annoying but it does emphasis its important to get your bloods done beforehand.
Wow, thanks for sharing this Jess. When you got the blood test at the normal doctors did you take the list from the visa doctors so they need what to check against?

If you are female of child bearing age, the MMR vaccine is free through your GP, as Rubella + baby = bad. I was the same thing as you... I definitely had childhood MMR vax but bloods showed low Rubella immunity (I had lost vax records so needed serology report to show immunity for visa)
If you had the vaccine as a child but it shows lower immunity can you bypass getting the vaccine because you still had the full set as a child? Or do they make you take a booster?

Oh also, just in relation to vaccinations. For those who get the Covid-19 Vaccine remember in Australia you can't get another vaccine 14 days either side of your covid shots. The Covid vax is not required for the medical but just something to keep in mind as you don't want to risk turning up to your medical and they won't give you a required vaccine because you had the covid one within 14 days. The TGA may change/be changing this to 7 days so check for updated information.

Not sure about from there but when we brought our pet, the company we used did a door to door service - so they dealt with all the customs stuff, etc and delivered our pet to our door. took a fair amount of stress out the equation.
@OC2USA if you have this as an option and can afford it, do it 1000%. Although since they’re coming 2 days later it will probably be a lot easier for you to deal with than my crazy ass getting off a 12 hour flight, trying to get it all done and then STILL have to drive 3 hours to Palm Springs lmao. I wouldn’t do that again. I will DM you about the pickup and customs clearance process so you have the info if you don’t do the door to door service.

Wow, thanks for sharing this Jess. When you got the blood test at the normal doctors did you take the list from the visa doctors so they need what to check against?
I just asked to be tested for MMR and chicken pox. They were the ones listed on the list from my medical centre, where my appt is.

If you had the vaccine as a child but it shows lower immunity can you bypass getting the vaccine because you still had the full set as a child? Or do they make you take a booster?
If you have your vax records they assume you’re covered. I had lost my vax records, so needed the serology test to show immunity (or in my case, lack there of). If I had proof of my childhood immunization they wouldn’t ask further questions - they don’t test your blood for immunity as part of the medical.

Hi friends, any other people around the 2021OC19** number still waiting for 2NL? I received the email a month ago saying they are sorting out my interview appointment and will let me know but haven't heard anything. I've sent an email to KCC but no reply (yet). I am just a bit confused when all OC numbers are current on the bulletin, I assume that means we would all get our date by now :) Thank you

Hi friends, any other people around the 2021OC19** number still waiting for 2NL? I received the email a month ago saying they are sorting out my interview appointment and will let me know but haven't heard anything. I've sent an email to KCC but no reply (yet). I am just a bit confused when all OC numbers are current on the bulletin, I assume that means we would all get our date by now :) Thank you

I feel like if your consulate is in Sydney, they are probably going by case number probably up to around 14XX or 15XX; looking at the Xarthsius data. Other embassies in OC have already got to higher case numbers already.

I'm 16XX (Sydney) and still waiting as well, starting to get a bit anxious with basically 2 more chances to get a 2NL.

I feel like if your consulate is in Sydney, they are probably going by case number probably up to around 14XX or 15XX; looking at the Xarthsius data. Other embassies in OC have already got to higher case numbers already.

I'm 16XX (Sydney) and still waiting as well, starting to get a bit anxious with basically 2 more chances to get a 2NL.
Second lot of 2nls will probably come out later in the month.

Unfortunately just because all numbers went current it doesn't mean everyone gets an interview. BritSimon spoke about this on a recent video re all numbers going current and high numbers not having a chance. But that's not to say there isn't still hope! Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting on a 2NL.

. I am just a bit confused when all OC numbers are current on the bulletin, I assume that means we would all get our date by now :) Thank you
Even in a normal year not everyone would “have their date by now” (early June), current would just mean everyone can get an interview before year end. But this is not a normal year. Embassy capacities are constrained by Covid. They have already said they expect to under issue this year because physical constraints and the prioritization of the immigrant visa backlog mean not everyone who wants one will get a DV interview:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

The Department recognizes that visa applicants, particularly those in Tiers Three and Four, will face continued delays. We further acknowledge that certain programs, including the diversity visa program, operate on a fiscal year basis as required by law. The Department values the diversity visa program and is making every effort to process as many diversity visa cases as possible, consistent with other priorities, despite the severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the COVID pandemic. However, as a result of COVID the number of visas issued in lower-priority preference categories or in such programs as the diversity visa program likely will not approach the statutory ceiling in Fiscal Year 2021.

Hi, I am also 2021OC19** Syd Consulate and hopeful.

Sorry I haven't heard of Xarthsius data, can you please share the link? :)

Unfortunately just because all numbers went current it doesn't mean everyone gets an interview. BritSimon spoke about this on a recent video re all numbers going current and high numbers not having a chance. But that's not to say there isn't still hope! Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting on a 2NL.
Hey Jess, what would be considered a "high number" for OC?

Sorry I haven't heard of Xarthsius data, can you please share the link? :)
Couple of different data sources

https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY21.html if you scroll down to the embassy section you can see case number ranges that are at the embassy.
Xarthisus updates his data twice a month

Save diversity visa update data daily, if you scroll down to Sydney (SYD and OC) you can see the Max case currently at the embassy is in the 1500 range. Sydney has also processed cases for other regions (low numbers and i believe it was prior to everyone cases becoming current)

Hope this helps

https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ceacFY21.html if you scroll down to the embassy section you can see case number ranges that are at the embassy.

Save diversity visa update data daily, if you scroll down to Sydney (SYD and OC) you can see the Max case currently at the embassy is in the 1500 range. Sydney has also processed cases for other regions (low numbers and i believe it was prior to everyone cases becoming current)

Hope this helps
Wow thank you SO much for sharing, its extremely helpful. Does MAX CN OC2800 for Auckland mean every number under OC2800 will get an interview? and what does "ready" mean?

Wow thank you SO much for sharing, its extremely helpful. Does MAX CN OC2800 for Auckland mean every number under OC2800 will get an interview? and what does "ready" mean?
It means cases as high as 2800 have been scheduled. Auckland less cases to process then Sydney.
I do not believe Auckland limits their processing to one day a week (Sydney only processes DV on Tuesday).

You can search xarthisus data by raw export to see cases not yet scheduled in Auckland. It does not mean every number under 2800 will get an interview. It just means some lucky cases in the 2800 range have been scheduled for an interview.

if you scroll down to the embassy section you can see case number ranges that are at the embassy.

]

Hope this helps
With excel, you can also freeze the top pane and select the top pane to add a filter to each heading - that way, you can filter the region to only show OC.