• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Congratulations!! You must be so excited!! I just checked and still at ready lolol. But I actually stalked the CEAC data for the Auckland embassy and it looks like they issue/process DV visas in bulk on Thursday’s every week. So if it’s happening this week it will probably be Thursday!
The swiss & Croatian embassy people with the same problem I had mentioned before also just got issued, so crossing fingers you’ll indeed be in the same position this week!

Thanks guys!! I was so anxious (I get nervous easily) but it was anticlimactic - I had everything I needed except I brought an express envelope and not satchel, I was able to go and get the right one and come back.. but just a heads up. They really mean satchel, it was a really silly mistake but they said it happens a lot!

Before I left to get the satchel, the interviewer said I was approved but when I came back a different lady collected it and I was sent on my way.. She didn't say much so I kind of stressed out as I was leaving.

I wasn't asked if the address where I want to send my GC to was the same as when I submitted my forms, so I spaced and forgot to mention it. I did ask the last lady and she said to email it, but she was really short with me and I was wondering if anyone else knows if that's all I need to do?

Other than the last lady... Everyone is SUPER lovely, my interviewer was so nice and it was short.. Just where I went to school, if I have a criminal record, what do I want to do for work and where will I be going. That was pretty much it. Honestly, I made it a bigger deal in my head. They didn't ask about savings or anything like that.

It was a bit of a blur but now I'll just be waiting until my application status changes and I receive my docs!

Thanks guys!! I was so anxious (I get nervous easily) but it was anticlimactic - I had everything I needed except I brought an express envelope and not satchel, I was able to go and get the right one and come back.. but just a heads up. They really mean satchel, it was a really silly mistake but they said it happens a lot!

Before I left to get the satchel, the interviewer said I was approved but when I came back a different lady collected it and I was sent on my way.. She didn't say much so I kind of stressed out as I was leaving.

I wasn't asked if the address where I want to send my GC to was the same as when I submitted my forms, so I spaced and forgot to mention it. I did ask the last lady and she said to email it, but she was really short with me and I was wondering if anyone else knows if that's all I need to do?

Other than the last lady... Everyone is SUPER lovely, my interviewer was so nice and it was short.. Just where I went to school, if I have a criminal record, what do I want to do for work and where will I be going. That was pretty much it. Honestly, I made it a bigger deal in my head. They didn't ask about savings or anything like that.

It was a bit of a blur but now I'll just be waiting until my application status changes and I receive my docs!
If the address doesn’t get updated, you can do it at the US airport when you enter - just tell the CBP guy processing you (the one doing us actually asked us if the address was still ok or we needed to change it)

Congrats on a successful interview!

If the address doesn’t get updated, you can do it at the US airport when you enter - just tell the CBP guy processing you (the one doing us actually asked us if the address was still ok or we needed to change it)

Congrats on a successful interview!
Oh awesome thank you so much :)

Thank you everyone on here, it was really nice to be able to chat to people who have been or are in the same boat :)

Im so glad it all went well and i think this is another great reminder that you should be prepared yes, but not stressed about it. It's clearly a very seamless interview process!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! :)

How many hours did the whole process take? And did you notice how many others were in there for an interview?

Woohoo, great news!! I am actually more nervous about my medical appointment. Can you share anything from the medicals? I am very nervous about the vaccinations mostly, did you need to get any?

Im so glad it all went well and i think this is another great reminder that you should be prepared yes, but not stressed about it. It's clearly a very seamless interview process!

Thanks for sharing and congratulations! :)

How many hours did the whole process take? And did you notice how many others were in there for an interview?
It wasn't too long. I arrived early for my appointment and they let me wait up in the main interview area until my number was called. In all, had I not come earlier or needed to leave to get the satchel, it was maybe an hour tops.

I think there may have been a few other selectees but no one was really chatting away, so I was only able to assume. While eavesdropping though :D, it seemed everyones interview were going really positively. Lots of smiles coming from both interviewers and interviewees!! :)

Last edited:
Woohoo, great news!! I am actually more nervous about my medical appointment. Can you share anything from the medicals? I am very nervous about the vaccinations mostly, did you need to get any?
The medical was super chill, I don't have any medical history that needed reporting, the major concerns they are looking for can be tested ahead of time if you're really worried.. It could also save you from getting booster vaccinations if you have recently had them checked. I hadn't done that so I opted to get the vaccination boosters instead of waiting for my serology results to return.

I needed a tetanus booster because my last was over 10 years ago, MMR booster and I was too young to remember if I had chicken pox plus I have no scarring so, I chose to get that as well..

Don't be nervous of either medical or interview.. It's not as scary once it's all done!! I hope that helps, please feel free to ask any more questions..

I'm very excited for us all!! :D

Were you allowed to take your cellphone in? I thought I saw on the rules no electronic devices, but being an out of towner I will need my cellphone for google maps and to call my Uber after. Is there somewhere I could leave my cellphone while I enter?

Last edited:
The medical was super chill, I don't have any medical history that needed reporting, the major concerns they are looking for can be tested ahead of time if you're really worried.. It could also save you from getting booster vaccinations if you have recently had them checked. I hadn't done that so I opted to get the vaccination boosters instead of waiting for my serology results to return.

I needed a tetanus booster because my last was over 10 years ago, MMR booster and I was too young to remember if I had chicken pox plus I have no scarring so, I chose to get that as well..

Don't be nervous of either medical or interview.. It's not as scary once it's all done!! I hope that helps, please feel free to ask any more questions..

I'm very excited for us all!! :D
I'm really scared as I had a terrible reaction to the MMR and the whopping cough as a baby, I almost died from them. From then on my parents couldn't vaccinate me so I don't have many of the vaccines needed and have zero boosters shots. I literally think the vaccine problem is going to stop me from even being able to attend the interview :( . I've tried contacting the Auckland doctors but they are pretty blase and not giving me proper answers, I feel they want to to attend and pay the big bill, then will tell me I either have to all the vaccines and won't clear me. Its so much money and distance to drive if I don't even have a chance to begin with

Were you allowed to take your cellphone it? I thought I saw on the rules no electronic devices, but being an out of towner I will need my cellphone for google maps and to call my Uber after. Is there somewhere I could leave my cellphone while I enter?
You can take whatever you like to the consulate, there’s little lock boxes outside for you to put your stuff in before entering :) they give you a little number and you pick your stuff up when leaving :)

I'm really scared as I had a terrible reaction to the MMR and the whopping cough as a baby, I almost died from them. From then on my parents couldn't vaccinate me so I don't have many of the vaccines needed and have zero boosters shots. I literally think the vaccine problem is going to stop me from even being able to attend the interview :( . I've tried contacting the Auckland doctors but they are pretty blase and not giving me proper answers, I feel they want to to attend and pay the big bill, then will tell me I either have to all the vaccines and won't clear me. Its so much money and distance to drive if I don't even have a chance to begin with
Do you have documentation of the medical issues? You can get a medical exemption to the vaccines. I am not sure of the process of how they determine it though.

Do you have documentation of the medical issues? You can get a medical exemption to the vaccines. I am not sure of the process of how they determine it though.
That is a really great idea, I didn't know this was a possibility! I could try find my childhood doctor and get a letter from him. Do you know where I can find information on vaccine exemptions for DS260?

That is a really great idea, I didn't know this was a possibility! I could try find my childhood doctor and get a letter from him. Do you know where I can find information on vaccine exemptions for DS260?
It’s not the DS260 that matters, that gets submitted long before your medical. The only person who can give you the exemption is the panel doctor. If you want details, the CDC’s instructions for doctors on this issue are here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/civil-surgeons/vaccinations.html#anchor_1506438089924

Well, small update. Exactly 1 month post interview today, and I got put into Administrative Processing along with 7 other OC selectees. It’s hard to not feel bummed about my situation, I feel like I’m living in limbo and can’t make any plans :(

Well, small update. Exactly 1 month post interview today, and I got put into Administrative Processing along with 7 other OC selectees. It’s hard to not feel bummed about my situation, I feel like I’m living in limbo and can’t make any plans :(
What does Administrative processing mean? As long as you get your visa before Sept you are safe right? Sept is 3 months away :)