• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania Selectees

Is there a way we can check to see if a country is at their 7% of total visas per country number? I am keen to know whether NZ has reached theirs as if they have, then there would be no need to take part in a lawsuit.
Its 7% of the total 55k visas so NZ won't get anywhere close to the threshold. It only impacts countries with heaps of winners

Is there a way we can check to see if a country is at their 7% of total visas per country number? I am keen to know whether NZ has reached theirs as if they have, then there would be no need to take part in a lawsuit.
7% of total is 3850 visas, NZ doesn’t even have close to that as total selectees.

I am currently in Canada, (OC00XX) so I have been current from the start. It is getting less and less likely that the consulate here in Canada will process any DV2021 cases. Does anyone know if I can change my interview location to Auckland without being physically present in NZ? Are they working through by case number in Auckland or would I be put to the back of the line and still have little chance? The earliest I could be back in NZ by is Mid August so my interview date would have to be later than that. If I were to request a DS260 unlock, update my interview location to Auckland and resubmit, what approximate date would they be scheduling my interview?
I was in the same situation as you. I am OC6XX and I live in Kenya. I received my 'ready for scheduling' notification in June 2020. The consulate in Nairobi had not received any DV cases (until recently) so I changed my interview location to Auckland. I first checked with Auckland that they would accept my case if I made the request to KCC to change my interview location. Initially Auckland said they would not accept my case, that I must interview in the location where I live. However, I emphasized that NZ is my only country of citizenship and thankfully Auckland reconsidered and agreed to accept my case. This all took place in mid-April. I then sent KCC an email requesting a change of interview location. I didn't hear back from KCC but I did hear back from Auckland 1 week later to say that KCC had changed my post from Nairobi to Auckland. I had no idea when my interview would be scheduled, or whether I would be placed at the back of the queue in Auckland, I just knew that Auckland was operating relatively normally compared to many other embassies and that I stood the best possible chance with Auckland handling my case. To my surprise, 3 days ago I received my 2NL and I have an interview scheduled on 15 June in Auckland. We have suddenly scrambled to book flights and an MIQ spot, and we depart for NZ tomorrow. Before I received my 2NL I initially told Auckland that we might not travel to NZ until July. However, they warned me that the closer it gets to September the more likely they are to have reached their quota. Whether they will actually reach their quota this year I really don't know. If Canada has not processed a single case yet, I would contact Auckland immediately and see if they will accept your case. If Auckland agrees to accept your case, contact KCC to make the request for a change of interview location. Are you sure you can't travel to NZ before mid-August? Don't forget your medical exam, which can only take place once you're released from your 2-week stay in MIQ, must take place 2 weeks before your interview date. So if you only arrive in NZ in mid-August you are looking at an interview date of mid-September at the earliest. That is cutting it very fine. For us, the timing of this trip to NZ is not great, we would have preferred to be there in July and August, when the timing is better for work and my kids' schooling. But it comes down to how badly do you want the green card. If you want it badly I recommend you do absolutely everything within your control to increase your odds.

I was in the same situation as you. I am OC6XX and I live in Kenya. I received my 'ready for scheduling' notification in June 2020. The consulate in Nairobi had not received any DV cases (until recently) so I changed my interview location to Auckland. I first checked with Auckland that they would accept my case if I made the request to KCC to change my interview location. Initially Auckland said they would not accept my case, that I must interview in the location where I live. However, I emphasized that NZ is my only country of citizenship and thankfully Auckland reconsidered and agreed to accept my case. This all took place in mid-April. I then sent KCC an email requesting a change of interview location. I didn't hear back from KCC but I did hear back from Auckland 1 week later to say that KCC had changed my post from Nairobi to Auckland. I had no idea when my interview would be scheduled, or whether I would be placed at the back of the queue in Auckland, I just knew that Auckland was operating relatively normally compared to many other embassies and that I stood the best possible chance with Auckland handling my case. To my surprise, 3 days ago I received my 2NL and I have an interview scheduled on 15 June in Auckland. We have suddenly scrambled to book flights and an MIQ spot, and we depart for NZ tomorrow. Before I received my 2NL I initially told Auckland that we might not travel to NZ until July. However, they warned me that the closer it gets to September the more likely they are to have reached their quota. Whether they will actually reach their quota this year I really don't know. If Canada has not processed a single case yet, I would contact Auckland immediately and see if they will accept your case. If Auckland agrees to accept your case, contact KCC to make the request for a change of interview location. Are you sure you can't travel to NZ before mid-August? Don't forget your medical exam, which can only take place once you're released from your 2-week stay in MIQ, must take place 2 weeks before your interview date. So if you only arrive in NZ in mid-August you are looking at an interview date of mid-September at the earliest. That is cutting it very fine. For us, the timing of this trip to NZ is not great, we would have preferred to be there in July and August, when the timing is better for work and my kids' schooling. But it comes down to how badly do you want the green card. If you want it badly I recommend you do absolutely everything within your control to increase your odds.
Very valuable feedback for those looking to relocate interviews to Auckland especially.
One thing from your experience definitely to emphasize- DV interview dates are not pick and choose - the embassy will schedule you into a slot that suits them. Sometimes you can reschedule, but it’s often dodgy (and different embassies do it different ways) and people have lost out on their slots entirely trying to reschedule before.

I do also recommend you be careful of additional charges you can incur. You need to remain in NZ for 90 days is my understanding or you are charged for managed isolation. miq.govt.nz/being-in-managed-isolation/charges-for-managed-isolation/

If you are a NZ citizen or resident you will be liable for a charge if:
  • you are returning to NZ
    • before June 1 2021 for a period of less than 90 days, or
    • after 1 June 2021 for a period of less than 180 days;
The average weighted cost of a single occupant staying in managed isolation is about $5,520 (incl GST).

I am OC1XX, single person, had my interview in Sydney on April 28th. Refused because an overseas police check original hadn’t arrived, but have since moved from ‘refused’ back to ‘ready’ this week so they’ve obviously received the doc and are processing.

They asked about finances, but no proof required. Another person before me said that he didn’t have much saved but planned on saving between now and leaving and had a car to sell, and he seemed to be approved just fine.
Hey Ellem, do we need the original police checks certs for the interview? I ordered a police check from Dubai and they only sent me an electronic copy so I do not have an original - now I am a bit worried after reading you post

I do also recommend you be careful of additional charges you can incur. You need to remain in NZ for 90 days is my understanding or you are charged for managed isolation. miq.govt.nz/being-in-managed-isolation/charges-for-managed-isolation/

If you are a NZ citizen or resident you will be liable for a charge if:
  • you are returning to NZ
    • before June 1 2021 for a period of less than 90 days, or
    • after 1 June 2021 for a period of less than 180 days;
The average weighted cost of a single occupant staying in managed isolation is about $5,520 (incl GST).
That’s right. MIQ is expensive if you leave before the 90 days or 180 days (depending on your arrival date). For the first or only person in the room it is $3100. A second adult adds $950.

Hey Ellem, do we need the original police checks certs for the interview? I ordered a police check from Dubai and they only sent me an electronic copy so I do not have an original - now I am a bit worried after reading you post
You are meant to have originals of everything. If the issuing country only provides a digital, maybe contact the consulate and check?

Today marks 4 weeks since my interview and still sitting at ready lol :) I don’t think I’ve ever been so patient in my life :p
Hey dude, you're not alone. I had an interview on 16/4 in Hong Kong . However, My visa and passport haven't issued yet until now. Also, is it possible to get refused status on CEAC although I passed through the interview?
Besides, I heard some ppl had their interview in early May, but already got their passport back :eek:
Anyway, Let's hope for the best!!!

Hey dude, you're not alone. I had an interview on 16/4 in Hong Kong . However, My visa and passport haven't issued yet until now. Also, is it possible to get refused status on CEAC although I passed through the interview?
Besides, I heard some ppl had their interview in early May, but already got their passport back :eek:
Anyway, Let's hope for the best!!!
Unfortunately there’s some kind of weird computer glitch in the software that’s not allowing them to process some DV cases. The help desk is fixing it apparently so don’t worry, you’ll get your passport and visa packet back eventually lol. It’s insane it’s taking this long though. I’m already ready to leave so it’s been a very boring month!! Lolol. I’ve almost clocked Netflix at this point :p

God damnn ! mine has been issued suddenly, go check yours BRO !
I still gotta submit my police reports lol - awaiting for my last one this week then I am sending everything off. Unfortunately I didn't see I had won the lottery until late April so I am a little behind on everything