• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I figured I'd give an update here rather than just lurking.
We filed AOS in October, Biometrics in December and are unfortunately still waiting for an interview to be scheduled.

It might be helpful to be told that there really is nothing you can do to speed up the process, at least with the Brooklyn field office.

We have spoken to Tier 2 on a few occasions and have even engaged with (fairly helpful) congressional support who had a video call with the field office to discuss our case. Sadly it was not successful, so we must continue to practice patience.

Almost unbelievably, my wife was once again selected for DV2022, but we REALLY hope that is a backup that we do not need.

Since we were selected in DV2021, my daughter has been conceived, born, and had her US passport issued.
Congratulations on your wife's DV2022 selection! I hope you'll be scheduled for an interview soon! :)

We filed AOS in October, Biometrics in December and are unfortunately still waiting for an interview to be scheduled.

It might be helpful to be told that there really is nothing you can do to speed up the process, at least with the Brooklyn field office.

We have spoken to Tier 2 on a few occasions and have even engaged with (fairly helpful) congressional support who had a video call with the field office to discuss our case. Sadly it was not successful, so we must continue to practice patience.

Almost unbelievably, my wife was once again selected for DV2022, but we REALLY hope that is a backup that we do not need.

Since we were selected in DV2021, my daughter has been conceived, born, and had her US passport issued.
Looks like you FO batches up DV based AOS cases and wait towards the end of the FY before proceeding. You’ve actually demonstrated an unusual understanding and patience in this forum, greatly appreciate that! Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Congratulations on your wife’s DV22 selection, hoping you guys wouldn’t need it. Also congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Please forgive me if the answer to this question can be found somewhere else. My interview is this Friday and as I have mentioned before I hired an attorney who I'm sure filed form G-28 with my AOS package. Because of this, will the IO expect to see my attorney at the interview or is it up to me whether I want my attorney there or not? Thank you.

Please forgive me if the answer to this question can be found somewhere else. My interview is this Friday and as I have mentioned before I hired an attorney who I'm sure filed form G-28 with my AOS package. Because of this, will the IO expect to see my attorney at the interview or is it up to me whether I want my attorney there or not? Thank you.
It is up to you if you want the IO in attendance or not. The IOs are aware lawyers on record could get fired for one reason or the other by the applicant long before the application process gets concluded.

All the best with the interview. And keep us posted.

Good luck with the interview :)

You were cited and fined, you need to answer yes to the question asking if you’ve ever been cited. Then go to Part 14 on the form to explain what the citation is about and how you’ve already paid the fine.
Thank you! I will. Have a good day!

Looks like USCIS opened to rescheduling BIO appointments by phone:

All the very best with the interview!

For the $330 fee receipt, has anyone sent an overnight tracked SASE?
It’s the one I included and even though KCC says they sent my receipt last week, the envelope is not here yet and the tracking number says it’s not in the USPS system yet, so I’m quite confused and I’m wondering if anyone has sent this type of envelope and what was their experience with it.

Where do I get the receipt number for filing on my i-485 form? After filling our D260 (Principal, spouse & child), sending it to through the lockbox, we have never received any response from November 2020. KCC & USCIS are both silent despite our numerous attempts to contact them via email & phone. Our case is current and 7 days ago, we reached out to our congress woman office. They have send our inquiry to their Congressional Liaison at the Department of State and are now awaiting their response. What do we do now given that time is moving pretty first?

Where do I get the receipt number for filing on my i-485 form? After filling our D260 (Principal, spouse & child), sending it to through the lockbox, we have never received any response from November 2020. KCC & USCIS are both silent despite our numerous attempts to contact them via email & phone. Our case is current and 7 days ago, we reached out to our congress woman office. They have send our inquiry to their Congressional Liaison at the Department of State and are now awaiting their response. What do we do now given that time is moving pretty first?
Are you saying that you never received a NOA with your case number for the AOS package you filed in November?

What do you mean by filing DS260 and sending it through to the Lockbox? Is the DS260 form the only thing you’ve submitted to date? That is form gets submitted online, it doesn’t get sent to USCIS, it is not what kicked off your AOS process. You need to provide more information on precisely what was sent in order to get proper guidance.

I was selected for 2022 again too!

It’s the one I included and even though KCC says they sent my receipt last week, the envelope is not here yet and the tracking number says it’s not in the USPS system yet, so I’m quite confused and I’m wondering if anyone has sent this type of envelope and what was their experience with it.
Maybe they used a regular envelope? Otherwise, it seems strange so I would ask KCC.

Just an observation from dealing with some organizations, may or may not be the case here: “I sent it” means “I placed it in my outbox”. The internal mailman then takes it to the internal mail center where it may sit for a few days before the weekly trip to the post office, or whatever. Then it can take Usps a day or so to scan everything they’ve got. I have often not seen tracking show up for days after the sender has told me something is “sent”. Just be a little more patient. People here have been taking about a few weeks for receipt to arrive.

Just an observation from dealing with some organizations, may or may not be the case here: “I sent it” means “I placed it in my outbox”. The internal mailman then takes it to the internal mail center where it may sit for a few days before the weekly trip to the post office, or whatever. Then it can take Usps a day or so to scan everything they’ve got. I have often not seen tracking show up for days after the sender has told me something is “sent”. Just be a little more patient. People here have been taking about a few weeks for receipt to arrive.
Thank you so much!!! I have not considered this scenario until you and @raphael1899 mentioned it and it makes perfect sense. KCC said that if I don't have it by the 16th I should email them back so fingers crossed!!

Hi,

I was going to apply for AOS but I decided not to since there might be problems in the interview process. However, I sent my DV fee 15 days ago. Currently, I am on F-1 visa but I will have to renew it for the OPT process. Can I renew my F-1 visa in this situation? Does sending DV fee count as "applying for green card" and "showing immigration intent"? If it does, is there anything I can do on this issue?

Additionaly, if that is the case, can I exit and enter the country with my current F-1 visa?

Thank you!