• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I did the Bio in the embassy in my home country, will they ask me to do it again in the US? I assume they just can use my bio from the embassy sure they have the data. Do you know any one was not require to make the bio ?

We had our interview on Thursday and it went well. Officer said he will recommend approval and we probably get either our cards or RFE in 2 weeks. I was so happy and I did not want to jinks it but there is no update in our online accounts. I looked at previous timelines and some people get the CPO update in the same day and for some people, it was updated in a week. My question is does everyone get to see this update or can they directly send the card without any notice? And what did my officer mean by he will recommend approval? Who gives the final decision about the cases?
Just curious sinnce you mentioned RFE . If some one is RFEd do we send the supporting docs to field office or does it happen the regular way where we send it to the lock box and then its directed to the field office

Last edited:
I did the Bio in the embassy in my home country, will they ask me to do it again in the US? I assume they just can use my bio from the embassy sure they have the data. Do you know any one was not require to make the bio ?
They will only reuse bio that was done by USCIS in the US for something else, not from embassies.

So did everyone else who attended a visa interview back at home and is currently going through the AOS process. The embassy generated bio will not be reuse by the USCIS.

Just curious sinnce you mentioned RFE . If some one is RFEd do we send the supporting docs to field office or does it happen the regular way where we send it to the lock box and then its directed to the field office
If you're issued with a RFE, the RFE will come with instructions on how and where to send the required response to.

Hi everyone,
Today I sent my package to Chicago Lockbox (technically it’s still early filing for me even tho I’m current on May 1st :) ). Thank you so much for all of your help! I’ll be updating when I get the NOA hopefully!

Even if your current status, you can legally remain in the US without accruing an illegal presence because of your pending family based AOS application. However, if you wish to explore/proceed with the DV based AOS, you’ll need to send in that application ASAP before your current E2 based status expires.

Note, there is no requirement for DV based AOS application to be approved on or before your current status expires.
Ok thank you for your answer. I will file it today or tomorrow!

I went through the AOS Package tab in the Excel document and I have everything except the dv-fee receipt (but I included a copy of the cashier check receipt)

1. I'm filing based on employment and work experience and have included an employment verification letter and SSN, does that mean I do not have to include high school certificate and school related documents?

2. Except the items that are listed in the AOS tab, is there any additional supporting documents I should include in the package, like old visas, marriage certificate, birth certificate for my children (both husband and children are American citizen and does not apply with me) or do I just bring these additional documents to the interview?

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,
Today I sent my package to Chicago Lockbox (technically it’s still early filing for me even tho I’m current on May 1st :) ). Thank you so much for all of your help! I’ll be updating when I get the NOA hopefully!
It'd be nice if you could add your data to the spread sheet timeline as well :)

Ok thank you for your answer. I will file it today or tomorrow!

I went through the AOS Package tab in the Excel document and I have everything except the dv-fee receipt (but I included a copy of the cashier check receipt)

1. I'm filing based on employment and work experience and have included an employment verification letter and SSN, does that mean I do not have to include high school certificate and school related documents?

2. Except the items that are listed in the AOS tab, is there any additional supporting documents I should include in the package, like old visas, marriage certificate, birth certificate for my children (both husband and children are American citizen and does not apply with me) or do I just bring these additional documents to the interview?

Thanks again!
1. Using work experience is not quite straightforward and can be tough (not as simple as including an employment verification letter). You should plan on demonstrating you meet the educational requirements, unless of course if you don’t meet that.
2. Yes, you should include your marriage certificate if you’re married. Plan on taking your children’s birth certificates along to the interview. Your IO will keep a copy if they deem it necessary. Take a look at the I-485 instructions for further guidance on any other document you may need to include.

Hi Mom, thank you for managing this forum. It is great.

Do you know if, in the past, G4 visa holders adjusting status did have to submit the I-360? I understand so, but at the same time, the I-360 is meant to be for G4 adjusting to green card under the employment-based pathway. I am somewhat confused. Moreover, this form results in having to pay an extra fee.

Thank you in advance,

1. Your son should sign his AOS forms with his adult signature, he’s an adult now. Don’t mutilate the passport by re-signing it.
2. No where. The CN is not expected to be on the I-485.
3. You have no priority date, it is not applicable that DV base AOS applications
Regarding Question 2, what should we put on the column of Receipt or Account number since the case number is not supposed to be there. Or do we just leave it blank?

1. That is your 2NL
2. Ignore the address on the DS260, it is irrelevant to the AOS process at this point.
Hi Mom,

I have a follow up question about this. So back in June 2020, when I know I got selected for DV lottery I had no clue on how to process AOS so I emailed KCC about how to proceed and whether I am required to file DS-260 if I am doing AOS (This is before I found this incredible forum!).
They replied back with an email similar to @aledarba.

1) Does this count as 2NL?
Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 1.30.40 PM.png

Hi Mom, thank you for managing this forum. It is great.

Do you know if, in the past, G4 visa holders adjusting status did have to submit the I-360? I understand so, but at the same time, the I-360 is meant to be for G4 adjusting to green card under the employment-based pathway. I am somewhat confused. Moreover, this form results in having to pay an extra fee.

Thank you in advance,
I-360 is not required for DV based AOS applications. However, vaguely remember one or two cases who were wrongly told to submit the I-360 (unfortunately, I can't remember the details or the usernames of those).

These 2 folks, @Mirmar and @MNA2020 are DV2020 selectees previously on G4 status who are now LPRs. They only submitted forms I-566 and I-508 in addition to the I-485 -see their narratives below (you can also PM them, for verification - fingers crossed they still read forum messages)
Additional forms submitted and New Card Production @MNA2020
Additional forms submitted and New Card Production @Mirmar

Hi Mom,

I have a follow up question about this. So back in June 2020, when I know I got selected for DV lottery I had no clue on how to process AOS so I emailed KCC about how to proceed and whether I am required to file DS-260 if I am doing AOS (This is before I found this incredible forum!).
They replied back with an email similar to @aledarba.

1) Does this count as 2NL?
View attachment 2493
You may regard that as your 2NL if you did not submit the DS260 form or you submitted and haven't received any other related response from KCC.