• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi,

Do I have to list my PhD as working experience in both DS-260 and I-485, or it goes only under the Education section?

You’re in the US on a student visa for your PhD program right? So that is your first clue to listing it under the Education section. Then list work (job) you’re doing in the course of completing the program under the Work Experience section.

Hi Mom,

Thank you and other moderators very much for your great service!
My wife won DV lottery 2021, she is J2 I am J1 visa, CN 2021AS****15**.

I and my wife are doing AOS and have found out that we put wrong years of education (say instead of graduated 2008 put graduated 2007) and wrong address of parents (wrong region). Should we contact KCC to request to reopen DS-260 for us to make corrections? Can it result in processing delay? Or should we leave all as it is and just put all correct information on i-485 and i-944 (we have not yet submitted those forms)?
Thank you very much for your time and help!

Does it matter if making the needed corrections results in processing delay? Isn’t it more important to ensure the information you’re providing is accurate and correct across board? Go ahead and make the corrections.

You’re in the US on a student visa for your PhD program right? So that is your first clue to listing it under the Education section. Then list work (job) you’re doing in the course of completing the program under the Work Experience section.

No, I am in the US under a J1 visa, I already got my PhD in Italy and I am listing my PhD degree under the education section.
I was wondering whether I should list those years spent as PhD student in the work experience section too.

Does it matter if making the needed corrections results in processing delay? Isn’t it more important to ensure the information you’re providing is accurate and correct across board? Go ahead and make the corrections.

Hi Mom,

Thank you very much for the quick reply! We agree with you! We will do it!

Thank you for your great service! You make our AOS process so much less stressful! Thank you!

Congratulations on your DV selection and marriage. There’s no need to rush into submitting the DS260 form. You’ve waited this long, you might as well wait until after she gets the STEM extension approved before declaring she will be processing AOS. Once the OPT expires and while waiting for the STEM approval she technically has no status to adjust from during that period.

Thanks for your response, Mom. We will wait until she gets her STEM approval.

Just curious ....if a USCIS furlough happens( likely to happen)...is it better to do CP than AOS since a furlough may cause delay and may cause the case to pass the deadline ( oct 2021) ..What are you guys thoughts .
-AS26XX-

No, I am in the US under a J1 visa, I already got my PhD in Italy and I am listing my PhD degree under the education section.
I was wondering whether I should list those years spent as PhD student in the work experience section too.

Thanks for correcting me on your current visa status. If you worked during your PhD, yes list the work you did under the work experience section.

Hello everyone

Is there anyone who already received 2NL?

We submitted DS-260 July 26, they cashed our check super fast ( in 3 days) but didn't send receipts neither 2NLs so far.

Thanks

Hello everyone

We submitted DS-260 July 26, they cashed our check super fast ( in 3 days) but didn't send receipts neither 2NLs so far.

Thanks

submitted DS-260 on Jun 17. got 2NL on Jun 30. Haven't paid $330 yet.

Reactions: TZ&
Hello everyone

Thanks

Hey, I believe that I did. It was just an email with a PDF letter (nothing in mail). The body of the email reads:

"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office."

The PDF letter itself reiterates this message. I assume this is what the 2NL looks like for the DV2021.

Hey, I believe that I did. It was just an email with a PDF letter (nothing in mail). The body of the email reads:

"The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to the Kentucky Consular Center that you are residing in the United States and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office."

The PDF letter itself reiterates this message. I assume this is what the 2NL looks like for the DV2021.
I believe you didn't file DS260(or you sent DV fee before submitting DS260). That's why you receive the 2NL like that. But if you file DS260 first, then your 2NL will come with two attachments. One attachment is the DV fee form that you need to fill and send it with a self stamped envelop. Once the payment is cleared they will mail you the DV fee form which you filled with the PAID stamp. The timeline to receive either 2NL or DV receipt depends on how busy they are. You can refer the 2020 timeline to see how long it took to get 2NL after DS260.

Hi,

EU00018XXX
I am on F1 doing PhD in the US.
I submitted DS260 already and waiting for my CN to be current. (I wish I didn't do early though)

I am patiently waiting for the new VB and hope that they might start with a high cut of CN.
My question is: let's say, my CN will be current on January 2021, can I travel on Dec 2020 before sending AoS documents?

Would submitting only Ds260 cause problem if I reenter to the US? (Because I show that I have immigration intent)

Hello everyone,

Regarding 485 form, since its an interactive form, is it better to fill out the form they way its directed (pop-up massages) or should we just fill it out manually?

and when is the best time for medical examination?

I'm F1 student with CN 2021AS9XX.

Hi,

EU00018XXX
I am on F1 doing PhD in the US.
I submitted DS260 already and waiting for my CN to be current. (I wish I didn't do early though)

I am patiently waiting for the new VB and hope that they might start with a high cut of CN.
My question is: let's say, my CN will be current on January 2021, can I travel on Dec 2020 before sending AoS documents?

Would submitting only Ds260 cause problem if I reenter to the US? (Because I show that I have immigration intent)

Yes you can still travel should you need to, you haven’t filed for AOS as of now. Admission or re-admission is never guaranteed (regardless of the submitted DS260 form or not), if CBP finds cause to, they will deny an admission.

Hello everyone,

Regarding 485 form, since its an interactive form, is it better to fill out the form they way its directed (pop-up massages) or should we just fill it out manually?

and when is the best time for medical examination?

I'm F1 student with CN 2021AS9XX.

1. You should be able to figure this out on your own, the only thing USCIS cares about the form is the the form on it is accurate and legible.

2. The important thing is for the medical report to not be older than 60 days as at the time USCIS receives it. Your CN is quite low, you can wait for the first VB to come in order to figure this out.

I'm on F1 OPT visa (expires July 2021), what are the benefits of submitting the DS-260 & I-485 VS just submitting I-485?

I've read the google sheets package but couldn't find any specifics. Thank you!!

Hi, Thank you for such a great forum, all the information and timely responses.

I came to US half of a year ago on L1 visa and my employer has done evaluation for both of my diplomas: bachelors and masters. Can I use this evaluation for DV processing or do I have to do diploma evaluation once again?

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualify DV-2021 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

AFRICA: 2,900 ..........Except Egypt 2,700
ASIA: 1,600 ...........Except: Iran 1,000, Nepal: 1,050
EUROPE: 2,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS): 2
OCEANIA: 250
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN: 350

Hi, Thank you for such a great forum, all the information and timely responses.

I came to US half of a year ago on L1 visa and my employer has done evaluation for both of my diplomas: bachelors and masters. Can I use this evaluation for DV processing or do I have to do diploma evaluation once again?

Yes you can use that.

Hello,
My confirmation number is AS7XXX. Its a high number but i went ahead and paid the dv fee of $330 to Department of State. What will happen next. I am little worried.