• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

DS260 doubt: I am currently on the US with an F1 and an assitantship, so besides being a student I am working for the university. In the work / education /training it asks for my current occupation (student) and then it asks if I have another occupation, should I say yes because I am also an assistant?
Thank you!

I think an F-1 student visa is for full-time students. TA-ship is more like a duty for the school to pay students stipends. It doesn't look like an occupation (at least in the US).

Did you send your DS260 $330 payment with a stamped and self-addressed envelope? How long has it been since you send KCC the email inquiry? People had been able to get e-copies of their receipts from KCC. Perhaps it's better to wait until KCC reply to you than pay again?
yes I did include a stamped and self-addressed envelope. I sent an enquiry first in late December and again in mid January, but I still haven't heard back from them yet. I should be able to file in a petition starting from March so that's what troubles me right now.

My latest email to KCCDV@state.gov was sent on Nov 13th and they replied on Nov 25th. It seems like they took a bit too long to reply to you. (I was thinking you have likely checked your spam mailbox?)

Was your stamped and self-addressed envelope with USPS tracking service?

The AOS spreadsheet said it's okay not to send 2NL with the AOS package.

My latest email to KCCDV@state.gov was sent on Nov 13th and they replied on Nov 25th. It seems like they took a bit too long to reply to you. (I was thinking you have likely checked your spam mailbox?)

Was your stamped and self-addressed envelope with USPS tracking service?

The AOS spreadsheet said it's okay not to send 2NL with the AOS package.
The replied only with a line that states "The information you provided will be forwarded to the appropriate department." That mysterious department does not seem to be responding though.
No I didn't USPS tracking sadly.

Hi, I am a question regarding receiving the payment receipt here. I have sent in the check in October 2020, and I saw from the bank account that the office has deposited the check a week later. Yet until now, I have not yet received the payment receipt... I have sent emails to the KCC office but I still haven't heard from them yet. I'm wondering what I should do next or should I make the payment again?

1. Did you send in the payment using a personal check or a cashiers check?
2. Who was the check payable to ? - state precisely what you wrote on that line
3. Which address did you send the payment to?

How did you manage to get through with a live agent? I can never get past the machine.
I've tried throwing complex sentences at the robot but it keeps trying until it just says it can't help me and hangs up. One method that worked for me was saying:
Me: I'd like to check the status on my case.
Robot: what is the case number.
Me: reads case number
Robot: do you have an online account with is?
Me: yes
Robot: please wait while I transfer you to a representative.

I've tried throwing complex sentences at the robot but it keeps trying until it just says it can't help me and hangs up. One method that worked for me was saying:
Me: I'd like to check the status on my case.
Robot: what is the case number.
Me: reads case number
Robot: do you have an online account with is?
Me: yes
Robot: please wait while I transfer you to a representative.

sometimes this dont work either -- if so give it a wrong case number then itll transfer to an agent

I think an F-1 student visa is for full-time students. TA-ship is more like a duty for the school to pay students stipends. It doesn't look like an occupation (at least in the US).
Right, but at the same time it is also an occupation as I work for them part time and they pay me an stipend besides covering tuition. So I was very confused. In the end, because I was unsure but I did not want them thinking I had hidden it, I added the TA-Teaching as a second occupation. Should I email KCC and amend it or is it not a big deal as it can be interpreted both ways?

Right, but at the same time it is also an occupation as I work for them part time and they pay me an stipend besides covering tuition. So I was very confused. In the end, because I was unsure but I did not want them thinking I had hidden it, I added the TA-Teaching as a second occupation. Should I email KCC and amend it or is it not a big deal as it can be interpreted both ways?

Technically speaking, it is not an occupation. Working as a TA is merely part of your schooling experience, especially if the on-campus work is part of your fellowship or scholarship program. Nonetheless, it’s omission or inclusion on the DS260 will make no difference.

Hi mom,
My number is 2021AS33xx, I have filed my case on Dec 1, and delivered on Dec7, and got NOA on Jan.2. I'm in Tampa FL, so I think my FO is Tampa FL. However, my status is still " finger print fee received", does it normal to take this long to move on next step? cuz only few DV case FO in Tampa in recently year according to the historical data. BTW, I have applied F1so I might have bio record in the system, and I hold H1b for now

Thanks for your time

Hi mom,
My number is 2021AS33xx, I have filed my case on Dec 1, and delivered on Dec7, and got NOA on Jan.2. I'm in Tampa FL, so I think my FO is Tampa FL. However, my status is still " finger print fee received", does it normal to take this long to move on next step? cuz only few DV case FO in Tampa in recently year according to the historical data. BTW, I have applied F1so I might have bio record in the system, and I hold H1b for now

Thanks for your time

Yes, the wait time is normal. The NBC will eventually let you know if the bio is being waived for you or not (on the basis of having a current bio in the system). You will receive a bio schedule notice if the bio is not being waived. Take a look at the current timeline spreadsheet to see how long most of your fellow DV 2021 applicants have waited or are still waiting to receive the bio notification.

Hi mom,

Thanks for your time

And add your timeline to the 2021 timeline spreadsheet by the way. Other applicants will equally benefit from your info same way you benefit from theirs/previous applicants.

Technically speaking, it is not an occupation. Working as a TA is merely part of your schooling experience, especially if the on-campus work is part of your fellowship or scholarship program. Nonetheless, it’s omission or inclusion on the DS260 will make no difference.
Thank you so much! I will leave it in then and it asked, I will show the appropriate paperwork. Thank you!

And add your timeline to the 2021 timeline spreadsheet by the way. Other applicants will equally benefit from your info same way you benefit from theirs/previous applicants.
Sure ! do I need to add on the spreadsheet by myself? or someone will add it?

1. Did you send in the payment using a personal check or a cashiers check?
2. Who was the check payable to ? - state precisely what you wrote on that line
3. Which address did you send the payment to?
1. A personal check.
2. U.S. Department of State
3. Diversity Visa Program P.O. Box 979079
St Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

1. A personal check.
2. U.S. Department of State
3. Diversity Visa Program P.O. Box 979079
St Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

You were supposed to make the payment with a cashier’s check or money order, and not with a personal check.

Anyway, send a new email to KCC requesting they send you an electronic copy of the payment receipt as you haven’t received the paper copy to-date (don’t use the old email thread you already initiated with them). Clearly state when you sent in the payment and when it was cashed from your account. Be sure to provide applicable information regarding your DV selection details.

Hello,

I have moved after submitting DS260. Do I need to email KCC to update the address of where my Green Card would be delivered or would I just need to inform them during the interview?

Thank you.