• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi everyone,
I’m a new member so I don’t know if I’m doing this right :)
I’m on F1 visa here and my CN is 14xxx. If it goes at it this rate for the remaining of the fiscal year, my number is likely to be current on June or July. Do you think it’s possible to still get it done by September 30th?

Hi everyone,
I’m on F1 visa here and my CN is 14xxx. If it goes at it this rate for the remaining of the fiscal year, my number is likely to be current on June or July. Do you think it’s possible to still get it done by September 30th?

Yes, it is.

Hello everyone. I am currently on the US on an F1 visa, I entered a few weeks ago. I got the F1 on October 2020 (and obviously learned I had been selected a few months before that, on June 2020).
Can I apply for AOS or do I need to go through the consular processing?
Thank you everyone!

Hello Mom,

1. I noticed that my youngest child's last name on his birth certificate and his social security has a mistake (it is T instead of Z). Do I need to correct it before AoS or that is not a big deal? My CN is 2021AS11XXX, not sure if I can correct it by the time my CN becomes current.

2. I had a speeding ticket in 2018 and paid the fine in court but have no record of that. Do I need to mention that in form i-485? If yes, how can I get a record of that payment/court decision (any ideas)?

Thank you,

Hi everyone,

Dear starkova
where is your region? Asia?

Hello everyone. I am currently on the US on an F1 visa, I entered a few weeks ago. I got the F1 on October 2020 (and obviously learned I had been selected a few months before that, on June 2020).
Can I apply for AOS or do I need to go through the consular processing?
Thank you everyone!

Didn’t we already discuss this back in June 2020? Below are links to some of the discussions Susie and I had with you back then:

https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527749
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527751
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527752
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527754
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527788
https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-all-selectees.342985/post-2527789

Of course you can disregard what was said and give it a shot if you like

Hello Mom,

1. I noticed that my youngest child's last name on his birth certificate and his social security has a mistake (it is T instead of Z). Do I need to correct it before AoS or that is not a big deal? My CN is 2021AS11XXX, not sure if I can correct it by the time my CN becomes current.

2. I had a speeding ticket in 2018 and paid the fine in court but have no record of that. Do I need to mention that in form i-485? If yes, how can I get a record of that payment/court decision (any ideas)?

Thank you,

1. Your kid will eventually run into issues with the wrongly spelt name - fix it now.
2. I recommend mentioning it. You don’t have anything in your email about the payment/details of the fine? I don’t know of any other way.

Yes, it is.

I'm interested in this. I talked to a USCIS representative on the phone today to ask if my biometrics appointment had been scheduled and she said that it can take up to 90 days from the day the case was received. Shouldn't AOS cases for DV lottery selectees be processed faster than other cases especially for those who file closer to the end of the fiscal year (not my case obviously)? I'm not an expert so...

I'm interested in this. I talked to a USCIS representative on the phone today to ask if my biometrics appointment had been scheduled and she said that it can take up to 90 days from the day the case was received. Shouldn't AOS cases for DV lottery selectees be processed faster than other cases especially for those who file closer to the end of the fiscal year (not my case obviously)? I'm not an expert so...

DV based AOS cases do not follow the typical AOS processing timeline. DV based AOS applications tend to get fast tracked, which is why I answered in the affirmative that it is possible to complete a DV based AOS application filed in June by the end of September (the FY). Having said that, you clearly need to exercise some patience during this process. Take a look at some of the past timeline spreadsheets we’ve put together in this forum (and past AOS threads) in order to get a better insight into the process - you can forget about what the call center agents tell you in terms of processing timeline.

DV based AOS cases do not follow the typical AOS processing timeline. DV based AOS applications tend to get fast tracked, which is why I answered in the affirmative that it is possible to complete a DV based AOS application filed in June by the end of September (the FY). Having said that, you clearly need to exercise some patience during this process. Take a look at some of the past timeline spreadsheets we’ve put together in this forum (and past AOS threads) in order to get a better insight into the process - you can forget about what the call center agents tell you in terms of processing timeline.

Thank you very much for the explanation, Mom. That makes sense.

1. Your kid will eventually run into issues with the wrongly spelt name - fix it now.
2. I recommend mentioning it. You don’t have anything in your email about the payment/details of the fine? I don’t know of any other way.

Thank you very much. I will do it. I might possibly have the payment on my bank statement but not sure if that works.

Those who already completed their medical exam;

Can you guys share your experiences or tips for us?

I am on F1, Graduate Assistant living in NY state. I am literally ignorant to US Health system. Where did you conduct vacations or labs? How can we save some money? I heard that labs and vaccinations are the expensive ones. While there is still time for my CN, I want to familiarize myself with the process.

Good morning Mom and Susie. I just realized that I got SELECTED for DV2021.
2021AF26XXX. Am not yet current according to the Visa Bulletin. Hopefully, i will be in the next 2 months.
Am in USA on a pending assylum, so i will apply for AOS.
Please advise;- what do i need to be doing as i wait to go current.
Thanks so very much for the help. May God reward you.

Good morning Mom and Susie. I just realized that I got SELECTED for DV2021.
2021AF26XXX. Am not yet current according to the Visa Bulletin. Hopefully, i will be in the next 2 months.
Am in USA on a pending assylum, so i will apply for AOS.
Please advise;- what do i need to be doing as i wait to go current.
Thanks so very much for the help. May God reward you.

Read the AOS Process Spreadsheet

I am on F1, Graduate Assistant living in NY state. I am literally ignorant to US Health system. Where did you conduct vacations or labs? How can we save some money? I heard that labs and vaccinations are the expensive ones. While there is still time for my CN, I want to familiarize myself with the process.

I paid only for the visit. I already had all the required vaccinations (I showed my vaccination records to the doctor). As for the labs I had to do just a couple and they were covered by my insurance.

You can call different civil surgeons in your area, ask them the price for the visit and choose the cheapest. You could also call your insurance and tell them all the vaccinations and labs you will need so you could have an estimation of what they cover and what not.

I did my vaccinations (flu, TDAP, MMR) all at COSTCO & Walgreens pharmacy; all were covered by the university insurance.

I first spoke with some USCIS designated civil surgeons around my area. After confirming with the one, the CS provided me a list of to-dos. Then I went to my university health center to get all the required shots and labs done which were all covered by my health insurance. After transferring those records to my CS, I visited him and he completed the remaining procedures. It cost me $200.00

Hi mom,

The USCIS form filing tips say to "Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation". However, the tax transcripts that I received from IRS via mail are printed double-sided.

What would you recommend in this case - send them like that or photocopy all of them to single-sided pages?

Thanks,