• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I also received the denied letter yesterday June 23th because of early filing. so sad...
my case is AS117XX, was at Chacigo lockbox on April 22.
as you said @Sm1smom , what is the best way to do next? resending the AOS package again? or file motion to reopen if possible? I send mail to my congressman if he can help this not sure if helps.
May I ask where your FO is?

I also received the denied letter yesterday June 23th because of early filing. so sad...
as you said @Sm1smom , what is the best way to do next? resending the AOS package again? or file motion to reopen if possible? I send mail to my congressman if he can help this not sure if helps.
Sorry to learn of your denial also. My post which you quoted already spells out the recommended course of action:
" I’ve written everything above simply to say yes, it has happened before but you can forget about filing a motion to reconsider. Such filings do not get expedited as they do not take into consideration the fact that a DV based AOS is time sensitive. By the time a decision gets made, your FY will long be over, so even if they admit the denial was erroneous, they will not be able to issue you with a GC because of the time limitation."
If your current status has not expired, "... consider sending in a new application right away"

So sorry to hear!!
But did you get a text message and NOA as well and then the denial letter?

that means Sacramento FO made the same decision od early filing
But that's so sad! (and unfair!)
Maybe you guys can try getting an infopass and follow up from there TOGETHER?! (if Sacramento is one of those letting infopass @ the moment)

But that's so sad! (and unfair!)
Maybe you guys can try getting an infopass and follow up from there TOGETHER?! (if Sacramento is one of those letting infopass @ the moment)
I see there is no infopass available on USCIS website

Attachments

• infopass.JPG
    infopass.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 23
Sorry to hear that.

Is your status online also updated?

no update, mine shown "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" since June 3
that's insane. they just create more work for themself. I wish you'll finish your application successfully.

I'm wondering after what stage you can be sure that case is not gonna be rejected.

that's insane. they just create more work for themself. I wish you'll finish your application successfully.

I'm wondering after what stage you can be sure that case is not gonna be rejected.
How are they creating more work for themselves?

Read up on the difference between "rejection" and "denial" on the AOS process spreadsheet - those are two different scenarios!

How are they creating more work for themselves?

Read up on the difference between "rejection" and "denial" on the AOS process spreadsheet - those are two different scenarios!
The way that the person will resubmit the application and they will have to process it again.

The way that the person will resubmit the application and they will have to process it again.
It doesn't constitute "creating more work for themselves" IMO - your comment comes across as if they creating some unnecessary work for themselves, not quite the case. Simply a case of some IO who is doesn't seem to be aware of the early filing option and how it applies.

I live in Palo Alto and my i485 application was delivered on May 19th. On June 6th I received LOA. What are the odds that it might be denied too because of Early Filing? As I understand, it`s the same office FO as the previous two cases denied recently?

I live in Palo Alto and my i485 application was delivered on May 19th. On June 6th I received LOA. What are the odds that it might be denied too because of Early Filing? As I understand, it`s the same office FO as the previous two cases denied recently?
what is ur rank number of case?

Probably no one can say. Also, it depends on IO rather than FO. But not many officers work on DV based cases at each FO.