• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Received a call from my CS' office today. They forgot to complete some part. They told me to come by and get new forms. I told them that I will come when I get an interview, so that it is within the 60 day window prior to the interview. I'm hoping that they don't reject the package purely based on that.

Received a call from my CS' office today. They forgot to complete some part. They told me to come by and get new forms. I told them that I will come when I get an interview, so that it is within the 60 day window prior to the interview. I'm hoping that they don't reject the package purely based on that.
I could be completely wrong, but since it's the medical exam, instead of rejecting the package USCIS could send you a Medical Exam Deficiency Notice. It can also depend on what part was not completed.

When it comes to the financial documents, don't think of them as "do I need to". Think more along the line of what can I do to convince the IO I'm not likely to become a public charge, then you can decide on whatever line of action you think best supports your application.
One more thing,
So, if my sponsor is already sponsoring his own parents, will he still be able to sponsor me?

Thankyou

The Chicago Lockbox will not reject your package because of the incomplete form. However if your IO was planning on approving your AOS application without an interview, they will not be able to do so right away. They will either send you a RFE for an updated medical form or invite you in for an interview in which case you'll present the updated medical report.

One more thing,
So, if my sponsor is already sponsoring his own parents, will he still be able to sponsor me?

Thankyou
Well, it depends on the sponsor's income. It has to be enough to cover his current household, plus his parents, plus your own household combined together.

What do you mean by filing DS260 and sending it through to the Lockbox? Is the DS260 form the only thing you’ve submitted to date? That is form gets submitted online, it doesn’t get sent to USCIS, it is not what kicked off your AOS process. You need to provide more information on precisely what was sent in order to get proper guidance.

Sorry I mixed up issues and thank you for responding to my query. We submitted the DS260 to KCC Online. Thereafter, we paid $990 Administrative fees ($330 for each of us) through Money Order to the US Department of State through a Lockbox address that was provided. The US Department of State acknowledged by stamping "PAID" on the paper with our information that we had send them. They did NOT give us a receipt that begins with 3 letters which is a mandatory requirement for us to file our case with form I-485. In trying to get the official receipt, we reached out to our Congress Woman's Office after NVC,KCC & USCIS didn't respond to our mail or phone communication. Her office has asked to wait as they're also waiting for feedback from their Congressional Liaison at the Dept of State. My concern is we're running out of time & yet our number is current. Kindly advise on other steps we should take to avoid being time barred.

Sorry I mixed up issues and thank you for responding to my query. We submitted the DS260 to KCC Online. Thereafter, we paid $990 Administrative fees ($330 for each of us) through Money Order to the US Department of State through a Lockbox address that was provided. The US Department of State acknowledged by stamping "PAID" on the paper with our information that we had send them. They did NOT give us a receipt that begins with 3 letters which is a mandatory requirement for us to file our case with form I-485. In trying to get the official receipt, we reached out to our Congress Woman's Office after NVC,KCC & USCIS didn't respond to our mail or phone communication. Her office has asked to wait as they're also waiting for feedback from their Congressional Liaison at the Dept of State. My concern is we're running out of time & yet our number is current. Kindly advise on other steps we should take to avoid being time barred.
Oh dear! You clearly don't understand the process. There is no such thing as "a receipt that begins with 3 letters which is a mandatory requirement" for filing a DV based AOS application - that is why no one has been able to help you. What you're asking for does not exist as part of this process. The stamped paid receipt is all you need. You've been chasing something that simply doesn't exist!

I think you need to start by going through the AOS Process Spreadsheet - you've already completed the first couple of steps required. But you should still go through this spreadsheet to enhance your understanding and be better guided through the process. There are several tabs on the spreadsheet, so you'll need to patiently and carefully go through them all.

Well, it depends on the sponsor's income. It has to be enough to cover his current household, plus his parents, plus your own household combined together.
He is an active duty military personnel. Or can I use 2 sponsors? Both are individually sponsoring their own parents?

He is an active duty military personnel. Or can I use 2 sponsors? Both are individually sponsoring their own parents?
Answer is still the same per the applicable income and the combined households. You can only have one sponsor. Take a look at the USCIS PGL to determine if your sponsor's income meets the applicable requirements or not, being an active duty military personnel is irrelevant.

Hello Mom!

I need your help again, thank you for being there!

1) in 2020, I studied in New York, and when the pandemic began, the school transferred me to online education, and I went to my friends in Denver. I was there for about 5 months and got a driver's license there. The i485 form requires you to indicate the places where I have lived for more than one year. Do I have to list Denver in i485?
2) When I filled out an application for the lottery, I forgot to indicate 1 place of work, where I worked in parallel to my main job. Should I now mention this additional work in the i485 or would it be seen as a contradiction?
3) How much can the issued fine for using the phone while driving affect the results of the review of the AOS?
4) As proof of financial solvency, can I attach documents to my company in my country (certificate of registration) and a statement on the movement of money on the account of this company from the bank from my country to i485? Or are such documents not a confirmation? Do I need to prove my financial solvency at all?

Thank you for your attention and your time, it is very valuable!

Hello Mom!

I need your help again, thank you for being there!

1) in 2020, I studied in New York, and when the pandemic began, the school transferred me to online education, and I went to my friends in Denver. I was there for about 5 months and got a driver's license there. The i485 form requires you to indicate the places where I have lived for more than one year. Do I have to list Denver in i485?
2) When I filled out an application for the lottery, I forgot to indicate 1 place of work, where I worked in parallel to my main job. Should I now mention this additional work in the i485 or would it be seen as a contradiction?
3) How much can the issued fine for using the phone while driving affect the results of the review of the AOS?
4) As proof of financial solvency, can I attach documents to my company in my country (certificate of registration) and a statement on the movement of money on the account of this company from the bank from my country to i485? Or are such documents not a confirmation? Do I need to prove my financial solvency at all?

Thank you for your attention and your time, it is very valuable!
1. The form says "Provide Physical address for everywhere you have lived during the last 5 years" so yes, you need to list the Denver address.
2. List it on the I-485.
3. It is not a crime of moral turpitude, so it shouldn't impact your case. That is not to say the information should be withheld or not listed if it is likely to impact the case though.
4. Considering the financial documents will be displaying money for running a business (and the business is not based in the US as a matter of fact), I don't see how that can be used to demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public charge. The expectation is for all applicants to be ready to demonstrate their financial stability which may be through their own personal income, savings, or a US based sponsor.

1. The form says "Provide Physical address for everywhere you have lived during the last 5 years" so yes, you need to list the Denver address.
2. List it on the I-485.
3. It is not a crime of moral turpitude, so it shouldn't impact your case. That is not to say the information should be withheld or not listed if it is likely to impact the case though.
4. Considering the financial documents will be displaying money for running a business (and the business is not based in the US as a matter of fact), I don't see how that can be used to demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public charge. The expectation is for all applicants to be ready to demonstrate their financial stability which may be through their own personal income, savings, or a US based sponsor.
Thanks for the answer!
4 answers - the company belongs to me, I am the only founder and director there. In this case, the company is still not taken into account?

Should I attach my son's Birth Certificate to the AOS? as well as his savings bank account? or not necessary? thank you
If he is immigrating with you, he should have an application of his own. If he is a USC, adding a copy of Birth Certificate would suffice.

Should I attach my son's Birth Certificate to the AOS? as well as his savings bank account? or not necessary? thank you
Yes, you need to include his b/c. He is your derivative, he doesn't need to demonstrate financial capability, you are the one that needs to demonstrate that.

1. Form should be signed no more than 60 days before the application is filed - "filed dated" is considered as the date USCIS receives the application. If taking the medical report to the interview, the signature needs to be within 60 days of the interview date.
2. No harm including it.
Thank you as always @Sm1smom :D