• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I included my kids (who are us citizens) on my DVL application. My number came up, but the system won’t let me fill up their DS-260 forms because there is not a “United States” option. What should I do?
Yes the system rightly shouldn’t let you fill out the DS260 forms for your kids. They’re already USC. A USC cannot apply to immigrate to the US which is what the DS260 form is for.

Thanks for the quick response! What should I do then? I can’t submit the DS-260 if I don’t fill their info. Thanks in advanced!

Thanks for the quick response! What should I do then? I can’t submit the DS-260 if I don’t fill their info. Thanks in advanced!
They don’t need and can’t submit DS260s. If you mean you can’t submit yours then they should not be checked as yes under “is this child immigrating with you”. Just their information and “no”.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just went to a civil surgeon and they asked me to sign the I-693 form with a blue ink.
I remembered clearly the instructions asked to type or print in black ink on the form so I ask them again to be sure before signing.
She then told me she knows that everything needs to be in black ink except the signature part because someone once got rejected because uscis thought the form is not original. Has anyone encounter this issue?
Do you think it will be fine?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.08.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.08.27 PM.png
    356.7 KB · Views: 53
It’s not simply a case of emailing KCC about your 2NL. You need to provide more information about your situation in order to get the right guidance. So answer the following questions:
1. When did you send the supporting documents?
2. Have you received KCC confirmation regarding receipt of your sent documents?
3. Have you informed KCC you wish to switch from CP to AOS?

Capture.PNG
1. I sent my supporting documents on December 21st.
2. Then received the email that I attached.
3. I didn't inform KCC because I filled my DS260 as AOS not CP. I think in their system I should be AOS in the first place.

3. I didn't inform KCC because I filled my DS260 as AOS not CP. I think in their system I should be AOS in the first place.
the confusion here is arising because AOS applicants do not send documents to KCC.

Hello, I have some questions:
1. So, if the interview is conducted and the case shows "case is being reviewed" and it does not show any progress till September 31. does that mean that the green card was not issued?
2. I am a F1 student and never worked in USA. Do i need to put my bank account statements as financial statement?
3.For my affidavit of support, does my sponsor need to to put his bank statement along with W2 and government issued id?

Thanks for all the fantastic info.
Just to make sure I'm not reading something wrong, on the submission of documents, we put the forms in the order you mention, followed by supporting documents starting with 1NL for the DV winner and then do the same for the spouse.
Since Africa is current as of June, does that mean we can submit in May? (BritSimon I tried to find your YouTube on VB, but couldn't find it :) )
If we have W2's for 3 years, should be send all three years or just the last year?
Thanks again for your time.

I didn't know that. What I am gonna use for 2NL?
Including 2NL in the AOS package is recommended but not required. You can still send the AOS package without a 2NL. The email you got after submiting DS-260 was simply an automatic confirmation for DS-260 submission. Have you paid your DV fee ($330)?

Including 2NL in the AOS package is recommended but not required. You can still send the AOS package without a 2NL. The email you got after submiting DS-260 was simply an automatic confirmation for DS-260 submission. Have you paid your DV fee ($330)?
I haven't paid DV fee yet. I will do that in two days.

I haven't paid DV fee yet. I will do that in two days.
My own experience was that I got my 2NL only after I paid DV fee (and even after I got the DV fee receipt). However, it seems that KCC handles 2NL differently so I can not say it for sure.

Just to clarify, when you said you "sent supporting documents to KCC", did you mean that you send civil documents to KCCDVDocument@state.gov via email, or simply submitting DS-260 online?

Hi everyone!

Just a quick suggestion that you should probably do the following every time you post:
1) Double-check grammar, spelling, and punctuation (Errors = confusion)
2) Number your questions.
3) Paragraph and space whenever necessary (I don't think ANYONE enjoys reading one huge block of text).

Not only will it make it easier for @SusieQQQ, @Sm1smom, and everyone else to understand, but also saves a lot of time :)

I would like to know if I should attach the 7 pages of the Visa Bulletin or only the page where it appears the Current CN? As well as the Early memo, should I attach the whole document? Maybe they dont need like so many papers By the way the Model letter for USCIS is very useful, Thank you

I’m not quite sure you understand the difference between supporting documents and the DS260 submission. The attachment in your first post is what people get following the DS260 form submission, but you’re claiming that was what you received after your documents submission. That makes no sense to me.

Hello, I have some questions:
1. So, if the interview is conducted and the case shows "case is being reviewed" and it does not show any progress till September 31. does that mean that the green card was not issued?
2. I am a F1 student and never worked in USA. Do i need to put my bank account statements as financial statement?
3.For my affidavit of support, does my sponsor need to to put his bank statement along with W2 and government issued id?
1. Most likely yes. The FY ends on Sept. 30th by the way, there’s no Sept. 31st on the calendar.
2. If you have no personal significant savings you can use to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge, there’s no point including the bank statements.
3. Not required, but they can if they want to.

Thanks for all the fantastic info.
Just to make sure I'm not reading something wrong, on the submission of documents, we put the forms in the order you mention, followed by supporting documents starting with 1NL for the DV winner and then do the same for the spouse.
Since Africa is current as of June, does that mean we can submit in May? (BritSimon I tried to find your YouTube on VB, but couldn't find it :) )
If we have W2's for 3 years, should be send all three years or just the last year?
Thanks again for your time.
1. Yes you may, if you like. That is known as “Early Filing” - Be sure to go through the AOS process spreadsheet (again in case you’ve done so before) to enhance your understanding of what early filing involves though.
2. The spreadsheet says 1 to 3 years, use your own discretion as to if you wish send all or just one.

p.s. the “AOS Package” tab is not intended to be the order in which you put your forms and supporting documents together, use your own discretion on this.

I would like to know if I should attach the 7 pages of the Visa Bulletin or only the page where it appears the Current CN? As well as the Early memo, should I attach the whole document? Maybe they dont need like so many papers By the way the Model letter for USCIS is very useful, Thank you
Why are you including the VB in your package?