• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

You have to be DQ to get an interview. Whether that necessarily means you actually get an email saying you are DQ, is a different question.
Thanks Susie, good point. I totally understand I have to be DQ to get an interview, yes, my question is exactly that if I actually get an email saying you are DQ?
is that possible KCC checks my documents and finds me DQ, then proceed to 2NL directly?

Hey @Britsimon! Do you think GOH plaintiffs who are RFS will get a 2NL? I've seen a lot of theories suggesting that there's progress, but if this year taught us something that will be "believe it when you see it". To quote Mark Twain : "A pessimist is a well informed optimist"...

What do I always say?

"wait and see".

If you haven't sent in your required documents to KCC outside of submitting your DS-260, you might have left things too late at this point. Several selectees didn't get any communication from KCC either after submitting their DS260 form, but they've subsequently sent in the applicable documents.
the message I got after sending my DS-260.

Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260)

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

Thank You

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.

You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will
notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application will be kept on file
with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case is scheduled, the KCC will
send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website for further instructions.
If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-mail to
(KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case number, and must clearly
indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an appointment, you must contact the consular
section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It may not be possible to change the location of your

interview after you have been scheduled.

So I am still waiting for the email. What else should I do?

the message I got after sending my DS-260.

Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260)

Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation

Thank You

Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review.
Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:
1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.

You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will
notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application will be kept on file
with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case is scheduled, the KCC will
send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website for further instructions.
If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-mail to
(KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case number, and must clearly
indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an appointment, you must contact the consular
section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It may not be possible to change the location of your

interview after you have been scheduled.

So I am still waiting for the email. What else should I do?
Like I already responded, you probably have waited for too long to send in your documents or to start asking about what to do at this point.

They have submitted the documents and haven’t gotten any reply from KCC
Hope you now realize it is silly to assume things and questions/posts addressed to others when you don’t have the details. The OP I addressed my previous post which you quoted and answered has confirmed they haven’t sent in their documents, only the DS260 form was submitted.

Can I ask you another question if I don't bother you?

one of my children is over 21 years of age, when I participated in the lottery, he was under 21 years old. when i compiled ds260, i had to compile separately for each family member. Is my child entitled to apply for a visa or is he no longer able to do so?

Thanks again

Hello! can anyone enlighten me about this matter. we have received an email from KCC for RFS since last year but my embassy is still not working for DV visa until now. Is it possible to request from KCC a transfer perhaps from other countries Embassy for interview? will this be a wise deciscion?

Hope you now realize it is silly to assume things and questions/posts addressed to others when you don’t have the details. The OP I addressed my previous post which you quoted and answered has confirmed they haven’t sent in their documents, only the DS260 form was submitted.
I get you well clear on but I also want to point it out to you that some people have submitted their documents and it hasn’t been processed yet for over months.
And I hope you wouldn’t like it if I also use the word silly on you as you have done.

Something I have seen happening to many selectees (including me) recently :

An applicant sends an inquiry to KCC.
After one month, they reply back saying “for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information about your case if you cannot provide all the required information.” Although all selectees provided all necessary (and clear) information about themselves and their cases in their emails.

I thought about forwarding the email to Charles Kuck or Curtis Morrison to be used as Exhibit.

What do you think?
@Britsimon

Hello! can anyone enlighten me about this matter. we have received an email from KCC for RFS since last year but my embassy is still not working for DV visa until now. Is it possible to request from KCC a transfer perhaps from other countries Embassy for interview? will this be a wise deciscion?
If you have any ties to another country (like citizenship or residence), then you can request a transfer. Not guaranteed but since your embassy is not accepting DVs, it’s worth the shot!

I get you well clear on but I also want to point it out to you that some people have submitted their documents and it hasn’t been processed yet for over months.
And I hope you wouldn’t like it if I also use the word silly on you as you have done.
1. I’m very well aware of people who already submitted their documents and haven’t been processed to date.
2. That is precisely why I asked the OP to confirm they hadn’t even done that at this stage, and if that was the case they might have left it too late.
3. You jumped in and claimed the OP had already submitted their documents as if you knew for sure! Yeah, that was a silly thing to do, harsh as it may come across.

Hello folks,

I'm very concerned about my status. My case number is 2021AS00031XXX and I haven't received any communication from KCC since I submitted my DS-260 back in June 2020.

I sent them the requeried documents on April 28th as I was advised to send it anyway but haven't received any response either beside the automated email.

The visa bulletin is showing CURRENT in Asia and I'm very frustrated with the process.

Is there anything I can do? Did I lose my chance? Heard many people are still waiting for their interview to be scheduled but I haven't even gotten to that point.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Am AS5XXX
Sent my files in Nov 2020
DQ in March
And until now no intervew dats

Suddenly an AS31XXX got scheduled
No more surprises for me
My CN is AS14K and received RFS on 29th April.
I guess the one AS31K, who got scheduled interview location is the same as mine.
I'm not sure how KCC process.

After one month, they reply back saying “for security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information about your case if you cannot provide all the required information.” Although all selectees provided all necessary (and clear) information about themselves and their cases in their emails.

I thought about forwarding the email to Charles Kuck or Curtis Morrison to be used as Exhibit.

What do you think?
@Britsimon
Have also got this response

What do you think?
@Britsimon
This has long been an issue (years) with the most common problem being that people submit their birthdates dd/mm/yyyy rather than mm/dd/yyyy or otherwise not providing the exact information required as per the 1NL. Not saying this is what happened in your case but it often has. The length of the delay of course is specific to current circumstances but I well recall back in my day them taking 2 weeks to answer at one stage.

Can I ask you another question if I don't bother you?

one of my children is over 21 years of age, when I participated in the lottery, he was under 21 years old. when i compiled ds260, i had to compile separately for each family member. Is my child entitled to apply for a visa or is he no longer able to do so?

Thanks again
When did he turn 21? And what is your case number? There is a possibility he may still qualify under something called child status protection act but it depends on when his birthday was and what your current date will be. Essentially (exact dates may matter) for dv2021 he will need to be under 21 years and 8 months in the month that your number is current.

Last edited: