• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I submited 2 weeks after received an email from KCC for the further documents.
My opinion, it's not about KCC but your embassy.
Could be both. KCC verifies everything and then schedules; and so they are processing cases that could possibly be scheduled for interviews.

I submited 2 weeks after received an email from KCC for the further documents.
My opinion, it's not about KCC but your embassy.
I was actually asking to see if it even makes sense to send the documents before they ask for it. Unless I am wrong here, it makes 0 difference and they probably don’t look at them unless you have been asked to send them. Chances are you are clogging up their their mailbox and it takes them even longer to find your documents. Unsure why the « send your documents » thing ever seemed to be a good idea?

Ok.. probably it doesn’t make sense to scrutinise a lot, but I was just wondering about that stats from Save Diversity Visa. It sais that for Europe ready 3, refused 1, issued 0. Also max CN for EU is 4600. My case number is 6*** and it’s ready for an interview (documents checked, no invitation yet). So basically it should be among these 3 who are ready. Then why does CN in that table shows only 4600?
probably I overthink, was just pondering if it’s normal.
Thanks

Ok.. probably it doesn’t make sense to scrutinise a lot, but I was just wondering about that stats from Save Diversity Visa. It sais that for Europe ready 3, refused 1, issued 0. Also max CN for EU is 4600. My case number is 6*** and it’s ready for an interview (documents checked, no invitation yet). So basically it should be among these 3 who are ready. Then why does CN in that table shows only 4600?
probably I overthink, was just pondering if it’s normal.
Thanks
@Erika_erika You were looking at the stats for the US embassy in Abu Dhabi (ABD) in the table. You will need to scroll down to the embassy you will be scheduled and look at the max CN there. For example, embassy in Bern (BEN) has a max CN of 6100 for EU.

Could be both. KCC verifies everything and then schedules; and so they are processing cases that could possibly be scheduled for interviews.
You're right they have to work in the same time.I think KCC proceed cases acording to the progress report from embassies so I mean the number of visas they issue a year is very important.

I was actually asking to see if it even makes sense to send the documents before they ask for it. Unless I am wrong here, it makes 0 difference and they probably don’t look at them unless you have been asked to send them. Chances are you are clogging up their their mailbox and it takes them even longer to find your documents. Unsure why the « send your documents » thing ever seemed to be a good idea?
I don't think your concern really affects on the process..
However as for Japan I was reported by my agent that some cases of which submitted before Feb.17 were not processed by KCC so they had to submit again.

Last edited:
@Erika_erika You were looking at the stats for the US embassy in Abu Dhabi (ABD) in the table. You will need to scroll down to the embassy you will be scheduled and look at the max CN there. For example, embassy in Bern (BEN) has a max CN of 6100 for EU.
Thank you for reply. But that what I did - I have EU6*** number, ready to be scheduled - but somehow in the table for Abu Dhabi EU it shows max CN number 4600, 1 refused 3 ready to be scheduled (so I think I am among them since everything is ok with documents). Then why doesn’t it show max CN number 6*** (like my number)? Or this CN for those who received the visa, not for those who ready to be scheduled? Anyways, it doesn’t change much - just was worried why I am not there

Thank you for reply. But that what I did - I have EU6*** number, ready to be scheduled - but somehow in the table for Abu Dhabi EU it shows max CN number 4600, 1 refused 3 ready to be scheduled (so I think I am among them since everything is ok with documents). Then why doesn’t it show max CN number 6*** (like my number)? Or this CN for those who received the visa, not for those who ready to be scheduled? Anyways, it doesn’t change much - just was worried why I am not there
You are right. There is something wrong. There is no actual case number EU4600. The case number does not retrieve any result in the CEAC status website. Looks like it is the range of cases. The CEAC data spreadsheet from Xarthisius website indicates that the highest CN in EU is 4525, that is ready. That means the data might not be current.

Last edited:
that column with max CN is the maximum case number that received invitation letter. And your current status is "At NVC" and not "Ready" so do not mistake these with each other.

Ok thanks.. so despite the fact that I received an automatic email with subject Documents received saying that my file is « ready to be scheduled », in fact it’s not ready status ? Though.. in the long run it doesn’t change anything. Thanks

Since we are talking about CEAC data, our consulate accepts applicants from 2 countries. Do I understand correctly that if I check the data of our consulate in Xarthisius charts, it will show me cases of both countries? Because other countries cases will be assigned to our embassy.

Hi everybody,
I have a question about changing interview location.
I've already submit DS260 form and now i want to change the location of interview.
My case number does not current yet, i just wanna know if changing the location might affect/delay my case or not.
And shall i explain the reason of changing or just have to ask for change?
Does anyone have a template for this?

Ok thanks.. so despite the fact that I received an automatic email with subject Documents received saying that my file is « ready to be scheduled », in fact it’s not ready status ? Though.. in the long run it doesn’t change anything. Thanks
Your case is ready to be scheduled, and once you get the invitation letter your status changes from NVC to Transit and then to Ready.
All the cases at first are in NVC status until they get invitation and changes.
you can check your status here

Since we are talking about CEAC data, our consulate accepts applicants from 2 countries. Do I understand correctly that if I check the data of our consulate in Xarthisius charts, it will show me cases of both countries? Because other countries cases will be assigned to our embassy.
check this website savediversityvisa.org too it has invitations by each region in any embassy and updates every day.

I don't think the data from CEAC update in real time though, or at least at the end of the day every day. That's why we sometimes see a fairly high amount of cases being updated and it seems super high vs any other day. @bibinpanicker did they ask you for your documents at all? I also sent on March 28 so just curious. I am EU though. We are pretty much in the same range, CN wise. (In term of number of cases before and after us)

Oh and just FYI, latest update from Montreal (as of today):

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that we are currently not scheduling DV-2021 cases due to severe operational constraints and backlog resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Nothing new here. We may have to wait until next month. We'll see. I haven't checked how it's going for the EB visas yet.

Last edited:
I don't think the data from CEAC update in real time though, or at least at the end of the day every day. That's why we sometimes see a fairly high amount of cases being updated and it seems super high vs any other day. @bibinpanicker did they ask you for your documents at all? I also sent on March 28 so just curious. I am EU though. We are pretty much in the same range, CN wise. (In term of number of cases before and after us)

Oh and just FYI, latest update from Montreal (as of today):

Nothing new here. We may have to wait until next month. We'll see. I haven't checked how it's going for the EB visas yet.
KCC did not ask for the documents. I sent them so that I don't miss out on processing time.

Hope is all we can do, right now. I'm planning to sign up for Morrison lawsuit. Best wishes.

I hope DV2021 people are understanding how serious the situation is right now.

At the current pace of scheduling, there will be a massive "miss" in terms of visas issued. KCC already have more people "ready for scheduling" than they intend to schedule, so whilst they are still working on document processing, it is nowhere near the volume that it should be. That means for most cases, even those that are already ready for scheduling, there will not be a happy ending.

The Goh lawsuit seeks to preserve visas after the September 30 deadline as we saw happen in DV2020. However, thus far Judge Mehta has not given the go ahead to process the preserved visas, so we don't know if that will be effective.

The Goh lawsuit is now closed for new participants, but Curtis Morrison is planning to file a new lawsuit early next month. So there is an opportunity to get on that lawsuit over the next 2 to 3 weeks. I recommend everyone seriously considers doing that. The initial cost for most people is "only" $500 and you pay the balance upon entry to the USA. Some countries and any residents of Africa have an exception so they don't even have to put down the $500 up front payment and will pay the full $1500 charge once they enter the USA. So that means it's a no brainer to be on the lawsuit.

Now, what good can the lawsuit do - well there is no guarantee of course but since I expect less than 10k visas will be issued, for most of you by far the lawsuit is a chance where you basically have little or no chance right now.