• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Same situation here: Canadian citizen who was born in Israel. How can I find how many selectees are dedicated to the Jerusalem embassy? I can provide my family home address but it is my understanding that only if I’m working in my home country or permanently moving there - only then they do the transfer (should I “relocate” myself for the purpose of DV)?. Unless I missing something, perhaps that would be a good strategy to increase my chances?
my husband is also a selectee - yes both of us have been selected (though his home embassy is silent too). Perhaps keeping one in Canada and transferring the other can increase the chances? It would be a bit difficult to explain how for the same household one is living in Canada and the other in Israel! :)
Again, if you are a citizen of a country you can interview there. (You just say born there, are you a citizen?) Israel had 190 selectees.

I think is random, I participated too. In my opinion if they want to be fair with the DV2020/DV2021 winners, they should reselect them everybody who applied for DV2022. If DV2022 will not have the same destiny as the current years
Fairness doesn’t come into it unfortunately, because being selected doesn’t guarantee a visa, as they say over and over.

if “fairness” came into it all those DV2020 selectees who got banned and not yet issued visas would have taken the first x-000 DV21 slots. If fairness came into it people who couldn’t previously get their DV visas for the other Trump bans (Muslim ban etc) would have taken those slots too. If fairness came into it people who got selected but never got current every year would take slots from the following year. some people brought a lawsuit in DV12 because they got selected in the first draw (it turned out to be not random and got voided) and they didn’t think it was fair to have their selection withdrawn. Etc. unfortunately fairness is not part of the selection process.

Ok but at least could have done something to save DV, and due to Covid19, at least some embassies could started virtual/zoom interviews. As long as we know that most interviews are just formal.

As far as I know, at least Jerusalem has resumed processing ALL immigrant visas but I am yet to hear about a DV case, I'm a winner from AF region living in Israel, my CN is current but still didn't hear from KCC as for now. I will appreciate if you'd share any update about JRS process
Please what is your case number? I'm also in the AF region and my case number is current according to the May Visa Bulletin but still haven't heard from KCC to request for supporting documents.

Ok but at least could have done something to save DV, and due to Covid19, at least some embassies could started virtual/zoom interviews. As long as we know that most interviews are just formal.
Well, no. It doesn't work like that. Travel gov explained many times that Zoom interview are NOT for immigrant visas. And in all fairness, given how many selectees are then refused at the interview stage for a bunch of reasons, I do understand that they wouldn't allow that to happen.

If there is one thing that is not fair, it's the DV lottery. It's a lottery. You accepted to participate and the government never ever said that your GC would ever be guaranteed. If you are hoping to get a visa after the September deadline, you are going to get disappointed. And even for the 2020 winners, no one seems to be in a rush to allocate those 9,000 visas as you probably saw already.

I have played for 9 years before finally getting selected. I am also a DV2021 winner. I'll be disappointed if I don't get it but I already knew that there would be a high chance for me of not getting it because of the numbers of visas being given on any given year + COVID. So yep, better get ready.

@SusieQQQ just FYI it seems that the Paris consulate got an interview date for a selectee with a low CN. (4XXX) I got that from @sDiversityVisa

We would need to confirm that with the data but that doesn't surprise me. Again, consulates with a low number of immigrants visas. I'll double check closely as I am technically able to interview there as well. I don't think any EU winners over 12XXX got an interview just yet.

I am fairly certain that MTL will start accepting DVs either this month or next month. Don't quote me on that but I wasn't wrong with the consulates thing after the travel gov announcement.

Please what is your case number? I'm also in the AF region and my case number is current according to the May Visa Bulletin but still haven't heard from KCC to request for supporting documents.
Don't wait for them to ask, send them.

1620326721586.png
I don't understand numbers here. According to the data that was published with September visa bulletin, we have 1,899 selectees in Tbilisi, Georgia. Where did this number came from 3208?

Depends on your consulate, anywhere from a day or two to a couple of weeks.
It's been more than 2 weeks since 20th of April
I contacted the embassy they mentioned worldwide system fault
But I can notice all other embassies are issuing the visa except Abu Dhabi !! They issued only four visas out of 42 !!

It's been more than 2 weeks since 20th of April
I contacted the embassy they mentioned worldwide system fault
Yes I mentioned this above I believe in response to someone - I’ve seen people from at least 4 different embassies in 3 different regions talk about this issue

Again, if you are a citizen of a country you can interview there. (You just say born there, are you a citizen?) Israel had 190 selectees.
Thanks. I’m both Canadian and Israeli citizen. Do you happen to know how many selectees are registered in Montréal?

Hi!
Anyone selected from France here ? Having a very low case number (2021DV2XXX) but still no email so far for interview.

There is no way for us to know since Canada isn't eligible for the DV lottery. You can simply compile data from https://dvcharts.xarthisius.xyz/ to get an idea. We actually talked about it last week at length so simply check previous posts.
Thanks. The raw latest data file from that website doesn’t show how many cases are allocated for each embassy as most cases are currently reviewed by KCC (not ready) if I correctly read the data. I downloaded the last file from 2020. About 24 allocated cases in Israel and only 55 allocated cases in Canada in 2020. I can’t validate how 2021 would look like in comparison to 2020, I guess around the same or even less. I think my strategy would be to allocate myself to one country while the spouse in the other country to increase the chances as both are selectees. I am just confused by the mix messages here about transferring to another embassy: I keep reading here that unless I’m working or permanently moving to my homeland country - I am not eligible to request a change. The notes above that only citizenship is sufficient for KCC to transfer is new to me.

Thanks. The raw latest data file from that website doesn’t show how many cases are allocated for each embassy as most cases are currently reviewed by KCC (not ready) if I correctly read the data. I downloaded the last file from 2020. About 24 allocated cases in Israel and only 55 allocated cases in Canada in 2020. I can’t validate how 2021 would look like in comparison to 2020, I guess around the same or even less. I think my strategy would be to allocate myself to one country while the spouse in the other country to increase the chances as both are selectees. I am just confused by the mix messages here about transferring to another embassy: I keep reading here that unless I’m working or permanently moving to my homeland country - I am not eligible to request a change. The notes above that only citizenship is sufficient for KCC to transfer is new to me.
can you point to a post that says you have to also be residing in a country if you are already a citizen of it? I’m not aware of any such. Only aware of that being stated for people who want to either move to a new country on some kind of work or other visa or more commonly want to go there on tourist status to consulate shop.

Last edited:
Hi!
Anyone selected from France here ? Having a very low case number (2021DV2XXX) but still no email so far for interview.
Yes, me. Someone got an interview appointment today for Paris. CN 4XXX (You can reach out to @sDiversityVisa on Twitter to ask them more info)

The other person I know is 17XXX and I am 25XXX (we both haven't heard back yet)

I am assuming that KCC could reach out to you pretty soon now but we do know that some higher case numbers got scheduled. However, no CN above 8XXX got scheduled to date.

Example from the US embassy in Zagreb seeing as that is one of the ones being asked about.

The U.S. Embassy in Zagreb processes immigrant visas to the United States for citizens and residents of Croatia.
.....We are only processing cases for Croatian nationals and residents in Croatia.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Example from the US embassy in Zagreb seeing as that is one of the ones being asked about.

The U.S. Embassy in Zagreb processes immigrant visas to the United States for citizens and residents of Croatia.
.....We are only processing cases for Croatian nationals and residents in Croatia.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Not for Israel: "Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for residents of Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza at U.S. Embassy Jerusalem."

It's not a general rule. It all depends on your embassy/consulate.

Not for Israel: "Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for residents of Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza at U.S. Embassy Jerusalem."

It's not a general rule. It all depends on your embassy/consulate.
It is a general rule. The Israeli embassy phrases it that way for political reasons, what are they going to call a citizen of Gaza? Happy to take a bet with you that they will have no problem scheduling an Israeli citizen.