• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Surprisingly or maybe quite unsurprisingly, I'm not that upset about not being selected...I mean I don't cry over not winning the lotto so I don't know why I thought I would be really upset over not winning this lottery. LOL Fingers crossed for the next one, see you all in about 5 months time.

Not selected for 18th time :) My mother was not selected too. I played for her for 13 or 14 times as well. So, over all, more than 30 entries for two people and not a single selection so far. I know chances are low but I just don't get it how some people get selected two times in 3 or 4 years and I play for ages and nothing! Grrr... See you all next year hopefully! Congrats to all selectees this year.

Not selected for 18th time :) My mother was not selected too. I played for her for 13 or 14 times as well. So, over all, more than 30 entries for two people and not a single selection so far. I know chances are low but I just don't get it how some people get selected two times in 3 or 4 years and I play for ages and nothing! Grrr... See you all next year hopefully! Congrats to all selectees this year.
Because lottery drawings are independent of each other :)

They are independent for the people who won 2 times in 3 or 4 years as well. Some people are extremely lucky, some are not at all.

Yep. That is the nature of a random draw.

Bit of over simplified math with holes in it I know - no need to explain! This is just an illustration.

If you have a 1 in 200 chance of selection, then being selected in two consecutive years is 1 in 4000. So - if 1 million people are trying in two consecutive years, 5000 would be selected in each year, but 250 of those would win BOTH years. 990250 people would not win either year.

Hi, guys!
I won but I also have a big number for Europe. 496XX. In our country (Russia) there are a large number of numbers starting from 40XXX. There are even numbers 54ХХХ and 60ХХХ

Surprisingly or maybe quite unsurprisingly, I'm not that upset about not being selected...I mean I don't cry over not winning the lotto so I don't know why I thought I would be really upset over not winning this lottery. LOL Fingers crossed for the next one, see you all in about 5 months time.
#coolabahdee Please change your profile pic for it is so ugly to see it. It made me afraid of the dark when i am in bed.

#coolabahdee Please change your profile pic for it is so ugly to see it. It made me afraid of the dark when i am in bed.
The only thing ugly around here is your comment, that was very nasty and an apology is needed.

@coolabahdee please don't change your profile pic, I love it!!

Your post is quite rude! Nastiness or rudeness to other forum members will not be tolerated, so consider this your formal warning.