• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020?

Had forgotten about the lottery jus remembered now so decided to come to this forum and see how everyone is doing. When are we checking for results by the way??

Results should be available after 2am Wednesday, Brisbane time. I’m going to go to school Wednesday and check when I get home from work, Wednesday afternoon. It will be what it is. Either we’re successful for further processing or we’re not. My two adult daughter’s entered as well as my husband and I. Maybe one of us will be successful. Fingers crossed.

Results should be available after 2am Wednesday, Brisbane time. I’m going to go to school Wednesday and check when I get home from work, Wednesday afternoon. It will be what it is. Either we’re successful for further processing or we’re not. My two adult daughter’s entered as well as my husband and I. Maybe one of us will be successful. Fingers crossed.

ya good luck.

I see quite a few people have been applying for years. Good luck to you all. I am originally from New Zealand, I must admit I was hoping that would give me a high chance of being drawn out, but by the look of it, it won’t really matter. Does the OC have a certain quota of the draw? 23 million entries and only 50k spots you would have to be bloody lucky to get a spot. I was looking at the historical draw listings and examining how many people applied compared to how many are drawn, it appears that as OC’rs we have a higher percentage of being picked given the number of people who apply from our region, but still, the magnitude of how lucky you would have to be to have your number picked is amazing. I really hope we are one of those lucky ones that gets it the first time, but I am fully aware that the possibility is so slim. Already mentally preparing myself for entering again this year.

I see quite a few people have been applying for years. Good luck to you all. I am originally from New Zealand, I must admit I was hoping that would give me a high chance of being drawn out, but by the look of it, it won’t really matter. Does the OC have a certain quota of the draw? 23 million entries and only 50k spots you would have to be bloody lucky to get a spot. I was looking at the historical draw listings and examining how many people applied compared to how many are drawn, it appears that as OC’rs we have a higher percentage of being picked given the number of people who apply from our region, but still, the magnitude of how lucky you would have to be to have your number picked is amazing. I really hope we are one of those lucky ones that gets it the first time, but I am fully aware that the possibility is so slim. Already mentally preparing myself for entering again this year.

The first time is the hardest. You will feel so sad when you see the message "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa Program. ".

I had this big plan "when I move to the US". And all that collapsed at that moment. I know it is silly to have plans based on a lottery. But I couldn't help it. I was sad for weeks. The second time was not that hard. Now, I don't really have any hope at all. I've been working on getting out my country other ways for the past year. It is all going smooth.

I wish you luck. But be prepared to take the loss.

The first time is the hardest. You will feel so sad when you see the message "Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the Electronic Diversity Visa Program. ".

I had this big plan "when I move to the US". And all that collapsed at that moment. I know it is silly to have plans based on a lottery. But I couldn't help it. I was sad for weeks. The second time was not that hard. Now, I don't really have any hope at all. I've been working on getting out my country other ways for the past year. It is all going smooth.

I wish you luck. But be prepared to take the loss.
Good luck to you this time.
Yeah, I keep falling into that ‘what if’ mindset too and have to pull myself out of it. I know it is ridiculous to think about the possible outcome, but I am preparing myself for the big ‘NO’. Which is the most likely answer. I know I am going to be sad, but I will apply again this year. I applied last year and pretty much forgot about it until that last week or so. Now it is the only thing on my mind. Stupid hey. Hahaha. But I suppose dreams are where the possibility becomes reality...I live to dream.

Very possible to win on the first go guys. Makes you feel like an imposter, but it's possible. Good luck to everyone. I hope to see some success stories in a few days.

Good luck to you this time.
Yeah, I keep falling into that ‘what if’ mindset too and have to pull myself out of it. I know it is ridiculous to think about the possible outcome, but I am preparing myself for the big ‘NO’. Which is the most likely answer. I know I am going to be sad, but I will apply again this year. I applied last year and pretty much forgot about it until that last week or so. Now it is the only thing on my mind. Stupid hey. Hahaha. But I suppose dreams are where the possibility becomes reality...I live to dream.

Unfortunately, I believe it gets easier with time to not get into that what if mindset. It's even harder when you were selected once but did get an interview because your number was too high. I was there once but now the anxiety isn't there the days before and the "what if mindset" doesn't take over my mind for weeks and months before.

Good luck to you and Good luck to all come this Tuesday