• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

It would be in your best interest to have it with you. The CO may not ask for it, but it’s always better to have ALL your documents present at the interview. More so than ever because there are a few days left for DV20 as it stands.

thanks so much for the response greatly appreciated!

Anyone else here from QLD? What happens if Sydney schedule’s us an interview we can’t get back into Qld because the border is still closed ...unless we do the 14 day quarantine and pay $2800
You can get back into QLD as long as you quarantine... I suggest looking at it as another one of the associated costs with getting the visa.

Are they offering days other than Tuesdays for interviews? I know ordinarily Sydney only does Tuesdays for DV interviews but was wondering with the tight time frame whether they are offering other options.

Also @tinks1 ?
Mine is this Wednesday so yes they are doing other days also the ladies I spoke to for my medical were all confused because the embassy has schedule lots of different days apparently. Wishing you all the best

Anyone from VIC gotten an email from the consulate regarding continuation of interviews?

When applying for a travel permit (via NSW gov website) there's s question that states: are you allowed to travel to NSW with the VIC restrictions, and when answered no, I can't continue with the permit for travel form.
How do I get a permit from the VIC gov to allow exemption to travel?

I will also need to get another medical done as it is no longer valid, however I'm more than 5km away from the only doctor that does the medical for Melbourne, is there a way to apply for an exemption to travel more than 5km for the medical, or will we just need to maybe hopefully get to NSW, and book our medical there? How long does the medical generally take to get its way to the consulate?

Alternatively, has all Victorian DC2020 winners just given up hope?

Anyone from VIC gotten an email from the consulate regarding continuation of interviews?

When applying for a travel permit (via NSW gov website) there's s question that states: are you allowed to travel to NSW with the VIC restrictions, and when answered no, I can't continue with the permit for travel form.
How do I get a permit from the VIC gov to allow exemption to travel?

I will also need to get another medical done as it is no longer valid, however I'm more than 5km away from the only doctor that does the medical for Melbourne, is there a way to apply for an exemption to travel more than 5km for the medical, or will we just need to maybe hopefully get to NSW, and book our medical there? How long does the medical generally take to get its way to the consulate?

Alternatively, has all Victorian DC2020 winners just given up hope?
One of the options on the border declaration is for legal reasons - I was thinking that might be useful in light of the litigation that's brought about the opportunity for us to still interview. (I'm in QLD but had looked into it previously as I normally live in VIC. Could be worth a shot? If you're a named plaintiff you should be able to get a letter from a lawyer - heck maybe even if not named one of them might be able to write a short letter).
Re the medical - I believe you can travel further than 5k for medical treatment. A police officer told us you could travel further than 5 for 'giving care' so I'm sure that's fine too. Maybe reach out to the police.
Hope this helps! Good luck!

Thanks for your response Cashew!

I ended up ringing service NSW, and they had advised that at this stage, no travel exemptions are currently being given out to Victorians other than for end of life support or to attend a funeral. Given the current situation and the already tight deadline, it's looking very bleak.

I ended up ringing service NSW, and they had advised that at this stage, no travel exemptions are currently being given out to Victorians other than for end of life support or to attend a funeral. Given the current situation and the already tight deadline, it's looking very bleak.

I think you would probably be able to get approval to travel one way or another, however coming from VIC you would have to spend fourteen days in hotel quarantine; if you entered today you wouldn't leave until the 29th September which unfortunately doesn't leave much time to get your visa approved and printed....

I think you would probably be able to get approval to travel one way or another, however coming from VIC you would have to spend fourteen days in hotel quarantine; if you entered today you wouldn't leave until the 29th September which unfortunately doesn't leave much time to get your visa approved and printed....
Just to clarify a point - you only need to have your approval by September 30th, the printing of the visa can occur after

I spoke to both the consulate and the medical staff who indicated they are accepting VIC residents on their end, you just have to isolate except for the times you attend the interview / medical. And apparently the Melbourne medical office is taking appointments for DV winners now too. Also, according to Dr Rappaport in Sydney (whose staff contacted the NSW government), exemptions do seem possible for these interviews. I'd say keep trying to get in if you can! Hope this info has been helpful.