• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

No, when they have the inability to play the ball rather than the man. No use wasting time on random people who seem to feel they have to be nasty and condescending to make a point on the internet.

and now back to my own advice not to engage.... I’m sure there‘ll be another dumb nasty response, don’t expect it to bait me.

You are wonderful! And I also agree.

Yeah - old photos have always been a risk for disqualification at interview. If they can prove the photo was old - because of appearance, or some other reason (such as using it on a previous application), then a CO could deny based on that.

Whether the rule clarification about photos from previous DV entries is now a disqualification of the entry itself is still interesting though. WE would need a number of cases to establish a proof though.

Hi Britsimon,

I'm a "winner" for 2021 and just familiarizing myself with this whole process. Have started trawling your website, and also this forum. I'm on a current O1 visa with an OC21xx and just gathering lots of information to figure out my next steps. Have just come across these comments about older photos being used to disqualify and I cannot remember what photo I used and whether I used a previous one! Do you know if there is any way to check this (as in see a copy of the application with the photo) or is it lost to the sands of time and I'll just have to hope that if all goes ahead and this is a problem, that I can work around it?

Thank you for being such an incredible resource. Have already had 4 friends vehemently recommend your site as THE go to for information.

Hey hey,

So I got accepted OC22xx (yep, very high number). I am in a bit of a unique situation and would love some advice / thoughts.

I currently live in the US on an E3 which expires in May 2021. As 22xx is high the only chance I will get an interview is if it becomes current and in that case I probably won't be able to interview until June to August 2021.

If I do AoS and I don't make it through, I won't be able to get my E3 renewed, correct? If I do CP and I can only get an interview in June to August, then I will lose my ability to work in May and that is not great - an option is to renew my E3 in December or some other time?

Any advice on what process I should take, how long to wait before filing any documents, thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Britsimon,

I'm a "winner" for 2021 and just familiarizing myself with this whole process. Have started trawling your website, and also this forum. I'm on a current O1 visa with an OC21xx and just gathering lots of information to figure out my next steps. Have just come across these comments about older photos being used to disqualify and I cannot remember what photo I used and whether I used a previous one! Do you know if there is any way to check this (as in see a copy of the application with the photo) or is it lost to the sands of time and I'll just have to hope that if all goes ahead and this is a problem, that I can work around it?

Thank you for being such an incredible resource. Have already had 4 friends vehemently recommend your site as THE go to for information.

You can't check your application.

There have always been a few cases each year disqualified for old photos - because they were very obviously old at interview. However, the new rule that was introduced has not thus far seemed to cause additional disqualifications. That is not to say it cannot cause disqualification, merely that up to now I have not seen any additional cases.

Hey hey,

So I got accepted OC22xx (yep, very high number). I am in a bit of a unique situation and would love some advice / thoughts.

I currently live in the US on an E3 which expires in May 2021. As 22xx is high the only chance I will get an interview is if it becomes current and in that case I probably won't be able to interview until June to August 2021.

If I do AoS and I don't make it through, I won't be able to get my E3 renewed, correct? If I do CP and I can only get an interview in June to August, then I will lose my ability to work in May and that is not great - an option is to renew my E3 in December or some other time?

Any advice on what process I should take, how long to wait before filing any documents, thoughts/ suggestions?

Thanks!

2021OC22XX is not that high. But for now don't submit a DS260. Just wait and see as we learn more. If you do get current we have seen cases that start in September and still get through - so no need to do anything now.

2021OC22XX is not that high. But for now don't submit a DS260. Just wait and see as we learn more. If you do get current we have seen cases that start in September and still get through - so no need to do anything now.

Appreciate the advice!

What are the rules with U.S TAX for someone who is now a permanent resident but hasn't made the move yet?
Green card rule applies, you have to file as resident effective from the date you become a LPR. Having to file is not necessarily the same as having to pay any tax (foreign income exemption, double tax treaties etc come into play)
If you file as a non resident or don’t file - that can be seen as abandoning your green card.
At this point you need to keep both the tax and the immigration authorities happy.

So the second EO is out .
Been trying to read and figure out if it says anything in particular about Diversity based visas. What happens next to all the DV2020 selectees? Will there be any exceptions once the travel and immigration ban opens so people can continue with thier application and rescheduled interviews? Or the DV2020 will end at the fiscal year (September 30, 2020)? So confused and upsetting .

So the second EO is out .
Been trying to read and figure out if it says anything in particular about Diversity based visas. What happens next to all the DV2020 selectees? Will there be any exceptions once the travel and immigration ban opens so people can continue with thier application and rescheduled interviews? Or the DV2020 will end at the fiscal year (September 30, 2020)? So confused and upsetting .
There’s a thread discussing it all
https://forums.immigration.com/thre...ve-proclamation-travel-suspension-2-0.343082/

Hi. Please someone from Fiji who could guide me on how to obtain police certificate/records since report are not given directly to applicants but KCC will need document for processing. Below is information taken from Fiji police Webpage.
  • Police report prepared by the Fiji Police Force cannot be forwarded directly to the applicant but will be sent to the authority, which requires the report.

Hi you can send KCC the receipt that will be provided by Fiji Police Force. That should be sufficient as SUVA embassy will receive the police report directly.

Hi. Please someone from Fiji who could guide me on how to obtain police certificate/records since report are not given directly to applicants but KCC will need document for processing. Below is information taken from Fiji police Webpage.
  • Police report prepared by the Fiji Police Force cannot be forwarded directly to the applicant but will be sent to the authority, which requires the report.
Hi Shaunz,
If you are in Suva , head down to their police HeadQuarters In Centerpoint ( in the Vinod Patel Plaza... think it’s level 2) . Make sure you take the request for Police Clearance form which is on the us embassy Suva website .
Once they have finger and palm printed you , and you have cleared the fees , don’t forget to get the receipt and that will “act” as your police clearance which you will need to send to the KCC DV UNIT in Kentucky. As you said , the police clearance will be sent by the Police Dept to the US embassy here in Suva .

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/forms/Fiji_SUV-form.pdf
shaunz, you need to print and fill out this form in order for the Fiji Police to process your clearance . And also make sure you take the necessary documents . Also , make sure they take in your prints . They handed me back the fingerprints and I just realized when I reached my car . ‍♂️♂️Their customer efficiency is a joke . Some of the staffs barely know what they are doing there. Lol .
Good luck and all the best

I've got an Immigrant Visa and need to get to the states before 19th August. Does anyone know if there are any quarantine requirements in the US?

Thanks Heaps!
Delta is apparently doing three flights a week between LAX & SYD but I’ve heard mixed about cancellations. United have been very solid the whole time, and are apparently going to start flying three times a week between LAX & SYD starting September 10