• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

No need to be nervous. You are not yet an LPR so you need to line up with all the others and just present your yellow envelope the the CBP when you get there. Depending on where you are processing through they will either take you to a room to review your docs or just to another more private desk area. Nothing to be alarmed at, all very straight forward, they confirm your address in the US that you want your green card sent to, confirm that all the details on the sheet attached to your yellow envelope are correct. Then they will stamp your visa and write your A number across it, welcome you to the USA and send you on your way.
Thanks!!!!!

Hi All. Please advise if there is any requirements with regards to health insurance and that do we have to prove to CO if we qualify for any, coz nobody will buy one until they land in america. Thanks

Sorry I have 2 questions....

1. What if we have used a old picture (more than 6 months old) in our original entry and got selected in DV lottery. All required documents sent to KCC and received 2NL. Now awaiting for interview date (date confirmed). Does that photo have any effect now.... because I have just realised I have used a year old photo for my entry submission

2. Is there any requirements such as qualification for usa medical insurance for the 2020 lottery winners to prove to CO

Thanks

Hi All. Please advise if there is any requirements with regards to health insurance and that do we have to prove to CO if we qualify for any, coz nobody will buy one until they land in america. Thanks

The medical exam covers all health requirements for the Visa. If there is something detected in the exam, the Dr will discuss it with you.

Sorry I have 2 questions....

1. What if we have used a old picture (more than 6 months old) in our original entry and got selected in DV lottery. All required documents sent to KCC and received 2NL. Now awaiting for interview date (date confirmed). Does that photo have any effect now.... because I have just realised I have used a year old photo for my entry submission

You will be required to provide a new photo for the Visa, as part of your Consular Interview process.

If you are referring to the new healthcare requirement that was recently released, please read Simon's blog and watch his video
http://britsimonsays.com/how-to-handle-new-healthcare-requirement-for-the-interview/

As for your picture, the rules state that your picture should be no more than 6 months old when you enter. That said, I havent heard of anyone who has been denied their visa at interview due to this requirement. Best advise is to not stress about it, nothing you can do other than just go to your interview as scheduled

When receiving the envelope at the end of the interview - does each family member receive one, or just the primary applicant? Is it possible then to enter at different times (primary applicant first and then spouse a month later for instance)?

Thanks for all the help through these threads everyone.

When receiving the envelope at the end of the interview - does each family member receive one, or just the primary applicant? Is it possible then to enter at different times (primary applicant first and then spouse a month later for instance)?

Thanks for all the help through these threads everyone.

One per visa/applicant.
They can enter separately, but prncipal must enter before or with derivatives. Everyone must enter before their visas expire.

Hi all,
My wife and I recently received the 2NL from the KCC and our interview date has been scheduled for Dec 10th (hooray!)
I was just curious to know if anyone has a rough estimate of the medical examination cost for adults and children? I noticed there are only two approved doctors to choose from in Melbourne so hoping someone has been there.

Thanks!

Yup, as far as I know there are no discounts for family members. Try doing a search in the Oceania 2019 thread.

I presume Oceania is the same as other places where the child costs end up being a bit cheaper as they do the TB scratch test rather than x-rays for under a certain age (14?)

Hi all,
My wife and I recently received the 2NL from the KCC and our interview date has been scheduled for Dec 10th (hooray!)
I was just curious to know if anyone has a rough estimate of the medical examination cost for adults and children? I noticed there are only two approved doctors to choose from in Melbourne so hoping someone has been there.

Thanks!
Our interview is that day too! For our medical in Brisbane I have been quoted $605 each for my husband, myself and our 15 year old son and $300 for our 11 year old son. Hope that helps!

Has anyone had second thoughts about moving? Now we have an interview date my husband is not sure if he wants to go ahead with the move.

Has anyone had second thoughts about moving? Now we have an interview date my husband is not sure if he wants to go ahead with the move.
I think its normal to get a little unsure, it's a huge move to the other side of the world away from your friends, family and support network. The best advise i can give is to write a pros and cons list for everyone that is moving, be honest about each of them then discuss what was written by everyone

Yeah, we went through this too. I motivated for taking the routes that kept our options open - going to the interview, and then activating (which we took a few months to do), and then we still had another year after that to properly decide whether to make it permanent. My husband wasn’t sure about it at the interview, and he still wasn’t too sure about it after activating, but about 5 or 6 months later he made up his mind he did want to move. (I always wanted to. But yes it is scary.)

FYI we had made our activation trip what they call in our local forum an LSD trip - look, see, decide - not a vacation as such, but a few weeks spent staying in different cities we thought we might be interested in living in, finding out what we could about general living, jobs, etc in each of those places. It was very worthwhile for us to do that.

I think its normal to get a little unsure, it's a huge move to the other side of the world away from your friends, family and support network. The best advise i can give is to write a pros and cons list for everyone that is moving, be honest about each of them then discuss what was written by everyone
Thanks Aidyn, that is a great idea!

Yeah, we went through this too. I motivated for taking the routes that kept our options open - going to the interview, and then activating (which we took a few months to do), and then we still had another year after that to properly decide whether to make it permanent. My husband wasn’t sure about it at the interview, and he still wasn’t too sure about it after activating, but about 5 or 6 months later he made up his mind he did want to move. (I always wanted to. But yes it is scary.)

FYI we had made our activation trip what they call in our local forum an LSD trip - look, see, decide - not a vacation as such, but a few weeks spent staying in different cities we thought we might be interested in living in, finding out what we could about general living, jobs, etc in each of those places. It was very worthwhile for us to do that.
Thanks SusieQQQ, I would like to keep my options open. Is it true though once we activate we need to file a tax return for the US?